Archbishop Curley High School Reviews

You walk in a boy and out a Curley Man ! I loved my time at Curley. The teachers , administration and staff are supportive, the academics are challenging.
Through my four years at Archbishop Curley High School I have learned a lot about what it takes to be a leader, a professional, and be respectful to others. Archbishop Curley is a great place to send your kid to high school, they really teach about brotherhood.
I've been at Archbishop Curley for four years. Today I am a proud senior and product of the school. At Curley, I've had the opportunity to meet different teachers and student that supported me and each other. You'll build strong relationships with fellow student as I did. I believe in the schools' slogan, "Where brotherhood Begins."
Start Your Review of Archbishop Curley High School
I have two sons at Curley and could not be happier with the challenging academics, student body, and administration.
Private School that prepares students for college and/or their future. Archbishop Curley has a well-knitted and loving community. I went coming from a public school in Georgia. At the time I was entering high school I couldn't even write a 3-5 page essay. They had many extra curricular classes and clubs, with their music department being a well known and greatly appreciated. As they have gained some clubs they have also lost, but only for the better of the students' future. By the time I graduated from Curley, I felt prepared and ready with being involved in choir and a few clubs. Now I am an incoming junior at a polytechnical college called Cogswell Polytechnical College studying Digital Audio Technology. Right away graduating from Curley prepared me more than ever especially with being in the choir. If I would have gone to high school in Georgia, I don't think I would have even met the standards for some of the required tasks.
Curley is an amazing school it does naturally have its things that need to be fixed. But, we strive to do the best we can with what wonderful amenities we have.
Attending Archbishop Curely has been a very good experience. I have learned a lot and made friends/brothers for life. The education that was afforded me was exceptional. The one thing that the school should pay more attention to is diversity and to hire more educators that will address the lack of diversity within the staff.
There are a number of school organizations and clubs but I do not participate I'm using playing sports or going to my part time job or socializing with my group of friends.
I had a rough start entering my sophomore year but with the friendly, respectful, and brotherhood community AC offers soon everyone has a sense of belonging and become very proud of being a friar. My favorite experiences I have had at AC involve "my crew", consisting of myself and 6 other boys. The schools environment has fostered close brotherhood relationships that will last a life time. I was "made" to go to this school because I was failing in public school near my house, but since I have been at AC except first semester I have had a 3.6 GPA or above.
The teachers are devoted to the students and the school. The grading system is in accordance with most colleges and prepares student for college grading systems. Each teacher has their own unique style that works for the students and is appropriate to the subject/content being learned. Most teachers have post-graduate degrees or working toward advanced degrees making the teachers at Archbishop Curley knowledgeable.
I am amazed at the quality of teachers at this school. Every single teacher is approachable. Every single teacher is available at all hours for questions/help whether its in via email, after class, or another time that is convenient for the student. The teachers seem very happy to be there and love what they do. There are many teacher vs. student events from chess and academic tournaments, dodge ball and basketball games. Everyone gets involved and it's hilarious.
The school does well with broadcasting that they want the utmost participation from all students in after school activities.
The parents at Archbishop Curley are acredited for all the events they run, to the money they donate, amd even with the relationships they possess with the teachers.
The one thing that sticks out about the teachers aat Archbishop Curley, is that tehe teachers do their best to not only know you intellectually but also personally.
How the school is located, it seems like a very safe area. Also how the teachers interact with the students gives you a sense that you are getting the idea of safety.
The most popular clubs for students to join is the art club or even the ultimate Frisbee club. These clubs are jam packed of fun and excitement. gives students the opportunity to interact with others and have a ball.
My favorite experience at Archbishop Curley was the multiple events or pep-rallies that the school put on throughout the school year.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Curley High School
The teachers at Archbishop Curley High School us interesting present culture and real world situations to teach their classes. Each teacher spends an hour after school is over and waits for students to come to their office or class room to ask questions, get help, or just talk. The teachers and faculty of Archbishop Curley High School has a sense as if they are like another family.
There is something for everyone to be involved in.
Decent selection of AP and Dual Enrollment courses. I can't speak for non-honors students, but I had a manageable workload while taking all honors and AP courses while still being involved in other activities in and out of school. Classes could be more rigorous in general.