Arcata High School Reviews

I am currently a senior at Arcata High School and have found my last three years there to be very enjoyable, I have made countless new friends. We get very involved in sports and the social scene is great. The teachers in the science department are very good, they all love what they teach which makes it a hundred times more interesting and fun. I have played sports my last three years and have became really close with my team and we feel like a family. Everyone is so inviting and friendly. We are also very liberal and supportive of most everyone, which is very refreshing.
Great school. All inclusive, very well kept. Solid teachers and admin. Enjoyed my 4 years here a lot.
I like Arcata High School because even though it is located in a rural area the students are still able to have access to numerous academic opportunities. The Career and College Center is a great resource at Arcata High and ensures that the students are aware of work and volunteer opportunities in the community and on track to applying to colleges. The school community is also an important aspect of my school and the majority of students are more than willing to provide support to their peers in any way possible. Finally, Arcata High prides itself on having competitive sports teams and had a legacy of winning NCS championships.
Start Your Review of Arcata High School
I have found this school rather disappointing. Although I am in ‘advanced’ classes for my age, most of my teachers are lackluster at best, and I am not challenged academically. School spirit is limited, and the clubs that I am involved in are not as interesting as I hoped they would be. Sadly, this caliber of school is probably quite average in the US, so it’s not really surprising.
It is a safe, warm environment. Very welcoming and friendly. The students are kind, intelligent, and determined. I would recommend this school for its student body, school spirit, academics, and teachers.
Pretty good teachers and pretty good selection of AP classes. Administration isn’t the best and there is a lot of questionable decision making.
Arcata high is a great combination of academics, athletics and the arts. I was able to challenge myself while also being given resources to help reach my goals.
This High School loves it's students! I have been a student for my entire high school career and never have had an issue or complaint about the way Arcata High School functions. It supports its students and prepares them for life after graduation by providing resources such as the college and career center and counselors.
At Arcata High School, I had the opportunity to take Advance Placement classes, and participant in sports and clubs to help propel me into a life outside of high school. Aside from this, I found that like most schools, there are teachers that are willing to help you succeed, and others that are not willing to put in the extra effort.
The school is more focused on appearing to be productive instead of focusing on students needs. It focuses its overall efforts on the importance of less advanced and difficult children, and dos not pay attention to students who excel and are working to advance as much as possible, making for a less equal opportunity education
The other students are nice but the some of the teachers aren't god at teaching the direct subject they should be.
I really like the variety of classes offered and the many possibilities of clubs to join. I have been enrolled in many AP classes, and the courses are well taught and I feel ready for college. The sports teams are fun and competitive, and I very much have enjoyed playing on them and watching other games.
Arcata High was great because the kids are very involved in sports, activities, and clubs. The teachers seem to really care about the kids and try to make it fun while learning. The classes are very challenging, and the kids learn a lot. The one area of improvement they could make is in the math department. The teachers in the math department could do a better job explaining the math concepts, and simply do not seem to teach well.
Great school. Everyone cares about each other. Teachers are wonderful, classes are great, sports are great.
I like how small and close knit the school is. There are some teachers and classes that do a good job preparing you for college. However, a lot of teachers that I've had seem like they don't have a background or understanding of what they are teaching.
I love how everything is very simple. This website directs me in the right way without any confusion. The scholarship process is fast and easy!
There is a great diversity of extra curricular activities, such as sports and clubs. There are so many different extracurricular activities to choose from , there is something for everyone.
Start Your Review of Arcata High School
The parents very much care abut their children's education and how the perforce in and outside of the classroom! Many parents attend sporting events and assemblies!
The teachers are great. They care about each and every one of their students, and would do anything to help them. They grade fairly and are open to help very often.
There are not many prominent safety measures, but the school very rarely feels unsafe.