Arcata High School is a highly rated, public school located in Arcata, CA. It has 855 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Arcata High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B83 Students
- A75 Students
- A-74 Students
- A+71 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+62 Students
- C-51 Students
- A-49 Students
- A46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Arcata High School
- BMcKinleyville High School
- Northern Humboldt Union High School District, CA
- 79 reviews
- A-Academy of the Redwoods
- Fortuna Union High School District, CA
- 66 reviews
- NGGlen Paul
- Public School
- Eureka, CA
- B-Eureka Senior High School
- Eureka City Schools, CA
- 162 reviews
Arcata High School Reviews
I like Arcata High School because even though it is located in a rural area the students are still able to have access to numerous academic opportunities. The Career and College Center is a great resource at Arcata High and ensures that the students are aware of work and volunteer opportunities in the community and on track to applying to colleges. The school community is also an important aspect of my school and the majority of students are more than willing to provide support to their peers in any way possible. Finally, Arcata High prides itself on having competitive sports teams and had a legacy of winning NCS championships.
This High School loves it's students! I have been a student for my entire high school career and never have had an issue or complaint about the way Arcata High School functions. It supports its students and prepares them for life after graduation by providing resources such as the college and career center and counselors.
I have found this school rather disappointing. Although I am in ‘advanced’ classes for my age, most of my teachers are lackluster at best, and I am not challenged academically. School spirit is limited, and the clubs that I am involved in are not as interesting as I hoped they would be. Sadly, this caliber of school is probably quite average in the US, so it’s not really surprising.