Arcata High School is a highly rated, public school located in Arcata, CA. It has 830 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Arcata High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B75 Students
- A68 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+66 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+56 Students
- C-46 Students
- A-46 Students
- A40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Arcata High School
- BMcKinleyville High School
- Northern Humboldt Union High School District, CA
- 76 reviews
- A-Academy of the Redwoods
- Fortuna Union High School District, CA
- 65 reviews
- NGGlen Paul
- Public School
- Eureka, CA
- B-Eureka Senior High School
- Eureka City Schools, CA
- 162 reviews
Arcata High School Reviews
The school is more focused on appearing to be productive instead of focusing on students needs. It focuses its overall efforts on the importance of less advanced and difficult children, and dos not pay attention to students who excel and are working to advance as much as possible, making for a less equal opportunity education
Arcata High was great because the kids are very involved in sports, activities, and clubs. The teachers seem to really care about the kids and try to make it fun while learning. The classes are very challenging, and the kids learn a lot. The one area of improvement they could make is in the math department. The teachers in the math department could do a better job explaining the math concepts, and simply do not seem to teach well.
At Arcata High School, I had the opportunity to take Advance Placement classes, and participant in sports and clubs to help propel me into a life outside of high school. Aside from this, I found that like most schools, there are teachers that are willing to help you succeed, and others that are not willing to put in the extra effort.