Arcanum High School is an above average, public school located in Arcanum, OH. It has 354 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Arcanum High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-34 Students
- A+28 Students
- A17 Students
- A-16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B14 Students
- B-14 Students
- A14 Students
- B+13 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Arcanum High School
- C+Milton-Union High School
- Milton-Union Exempted Village School District, OH
- 62 reviews
- B+Brookville High School
- Brookville Local School District, OH
- 72 reviews
- C+Tri-Village High School
- Tri-Village Local School District, OH
- 36 reviews
- B-Northeastern High School
- Northeastern Wayne Schools, IN
- 96 reviews
Arcanum High School Reviews
As a junior at Arcanum High School, I feel ready for college and connected to my small class. I took 2 college classes my sophomore year and am currently taking 5 college classes this year. Most of the kids in my class have been here since kindergarten with me, we have grown up together. At Arcanum, I never see an unfamiliar face. It's a very comforting feeling to know everyone.
Overall, I have enjoyed my time at Arcanum. The teachers, and administrators are great, and always helpful. Also, I have enjoyed my time with sports and clubs. However, if you want to be really involved in a club, students must ask what there is to do otherwise they may not do anything but go to meetings to hear the latest update. The safety and school culture are very calm and collective. Arcanum actually just got a police officer to walk around the school during the day to make sure everything goes smoothly, even though nothing ever happens. One thing that I wish could be improved at Arcanum is how prepared the students are for college. The students do not get many chances to go out and find the kind of career that they want to pursue. Other than that, they do prepare students for college by informing them about scholarships, due dates, and they have some spokesmen come to talk about specific colleges.
Majority of the teachers really try to engage with students and try to be supportive and help us learn. The only complaint would be the students who participate in CCP, not all the teachers and staff are very supportive. They should be more understanding and supportive of our decision to take college-courses and try to save time and money down the road.