Arcadia Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Ironton, MO. It has 354 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Arcadia Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-39 Students
- B31 Students
- A18 Students
- B+13 Students
- B9 Students
- A9 Students
- A8 Students
- A+8 Students
- A-7 Students
- B+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Arcadia Valley High School
- B+Farmington Senior High School
- Farmington R-VII School District, MO
- 130 reviews
- B-South Iron High School
- South Iron County R-I School District, MO
- 17 reviews
- C+Lesterville High School
- Lesterville R-IV School District, MO
- 5 reviews
- C+Valley High School
- Valley R-VI School District, MO
- 1 review
Arcadia Valley High School Reviews
Arcadia Valley highschool isn't just a highschool. It's a place to grow and learn with an environment full of students and very helpful teachers who want to see you achieve more than anything. It's a great atmosphere and I promise you, you'll love it just as much as I do.
There are some very great teachers, who do their job the best they can, and they care about the students (Ms. Bayless, Mr. Oberle, Mrs. Brunk). But also there are terrible teachers. teachers who gossip and spread rumors about and with students (Mrs. Turner), there are teachers who only care about their pay (Mr. Johnson and Mr. Barzowski), and the other teachers are a mixture of both, some better than others. the counselors are great and will help you as long as they have time and aren't busing helping someone else. the curriculum is alright. English does a good job at covering all that it needs to and even does extra, math can be really goo, but sometimes Mrs. Spitzmiller expects you to know random information without teaching it (overall she is a good teacher), Science is good but if you don't pay attention and study you might not make the grade (A lot of kids take it expecting to be able to pass without giving any effort), Spanish covers all necessary and more if you just ask questions and try, and you don't really have to try very hard to pass history. There is an average amount of work, but you do have to try on it or else you could fail. the scheduling class process is easy and efficient. The "popular classes" are mainly classes with "cool" teachers, and the "cool" teachers kind of suck. like they are only cool if you are a prep or really popular.
Teachers at Arcadia Valley are very knowledgeable about their content area. They are always trying new approaching to get kids involved in learning. They are very fair and consistent with their grading. Teachers are interested in their students lives and go out of their way to make sure students are included. If there is a new student, teachers will keep an eye on them to make sure they are making friends and if they don't seem to be on their own, they will introduce them to other students that may have the same interests.