Arcadia High School Reviews

I like the opportunities that Arcadia High School provides. There are a variety of classes and a variety of subjects. The school can well prepare a student for top notch colleges.
Arcadia High School was definitely not what I would consider the "typical high school experience" - people often attend the football games solely to watch the band perform. It is very academic based, which would sometimes lead to an extremely competitive atmosphere. However, being in that type of environment allowed me to become a stronger student, as I had to learn how to manage my time well to fit my school work as well as my extracurriculars.
There were many things I enjoyed about Arcadia. There were plenty of spirit weeks and other "fun" activities to participate in throughout the school year.
Most AP Teachers (especially the English, Biology, and Social Science) don't teach. Knows that students took the surrounding after schools and knew the material already.
Start Your Review of Arcadia High School
While the high school is very large, it is very diverse and filled with activities for anyone to join. Teachers and staff are very friendly and will prepare students for college and their career choices in the future.
Amazing staff, facilities, and resources! Although the homework load can be demanding and the atmosphere is very competitive, I have been pushed a lot and as a result I strive to get good grades in my classes. I feel prepared for the pace of college.
The academics are top-notch, and the teachers are mostly amazing! They really are willing to help you out when you need it. But the people are clique-y and I never found a solid group of friends. However, we do have drama, dance, and music departments for all you artsy folks!
There is a long list of electives that you can choose from and they're all different and interesting.
This is such an amazing school. I have never been bullied and it is a rarity at Arcadia High. I believe it is because of the diversity. You can also tell that the teachers care about your success but also care about your personal well being. I am only a junior know but I already I see lots of tools given to us to be on our way to college. I do though know that the Arcadia district is a very demanding district for their students. I can not believe the amount of homework in one night given to us. Of course, it is doable but I believe that we don't need that much to succeed. I have been to several other districts but this one was the most demanding but at the same time the one i learned the most and had the most memories.
Arcadia High School heavily focuses on academics, which is a very good thing to focus on, but there is less emphasis on the arts or sports programs. There are many teachers who are very good at helping their students succeed and actually are invested in the future of their students, yet there are some teachers who just teach to the test and do not invest in their students. The campus is very secure, and even this year I have noticed that security has tightened.
It was a great preparation for the world outside but the culture was very competitive and therefore very pressure-driven. I would like to see more mental health care implemented for students struggling not only in their studies, but also, in how they cope with school life.
My experience at Arcadia High School is between average and good. Since Arcadia High is known for being academically strong, you would expect the teachers to be good. However, that is not the case. Most of the teachers on this campus don't teach, and students are constantly complaining that their teachers waste time doing other things that don't help them learn. So you're probably wondering, why does Arcadia score so high academically? It's because the majority of the people in this city are rich, so they hire tutors for their students so that they can excel in every subject, which basically means that people at Arcadia High are paying their way to get to college. As a sophomore at Arcadia High, I feel that our school is a bubble. We have been robbed of our 'high school experience,' and many of us don't get to experience many of the things that typical high schoolers get to experience.
At first I was apprehensive to attend a school with such as large student body, but I soon got used to it. And I fell in love with it. Arcadia High School is academically challenging and we pride ourselves on our scholarly excellence and drive. Our sports and clubs have become more diverse and inclusive, and our theatre department and academic teams win awards annually for performance and skill.
Arcadia High School is an incredible educational environment that fosters academic, social, political, and personal growth for all students, regardless of need, gender, race, or beliefs. The resources and facilities available to students are incredible and the faculty and admin do their best to show they truly care.
Super clean school, tons of school spirit, has sufficient money to provide resources of all kinds! Can be a competitive but they do it because the want you to succeed! I recommend 100%!
Overall, Arcadia High School has been an amazing place to be for the last four years. Aspects such as academic excellence help foster a competitive spirit. The student body is exceptionally kind and welcoming. There are a wide variety of activities and clubs a student can join, ranging from the basic Inter/Key/Leo clubs to even a badminton team. The amount of possibilities provided at Arcadia High School help set students up for the future.
As a senior at Arcadia High School, I am glad to be part of the school community. The faculty are very kind and willing to help me in any way to ensure that I am on the right path to college. The campus itself also provides clean and open spaces with state-of-the-art facilities so that students are comfortable both in and out of class. I am very thankful to be a student here at AHS.
Great competitive environment for any student aiming for success. Diverse student and multiple opportunities to get involved in clubs, sports, performing arts, etc.
Start Your Review of Arcadia High School
I loved AHS the staff was super friendly and helpful. The campus was clean and most of the facilities were new. One thing I would change is that the quality of the food was lackluster.
I think the curriculum was very rigorous which helped prepare me for college, however, the stress from the difficult courses and load of coursework sometimes became overwhelming. Overall, the school was clean and modernized.
Excellent school. Excellent curriculum. College-focused. Students go to prestigious schools. A diversity of clubs. A variety of extracurriculars.