Arcadia High School is a top rated, public school located in Arcadia, CA. It has 3,306 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Arcadia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+1,085 Students
- A+874 Students
- A824 Students
- A+798 Students
- A793 Students
- A+608 Students
- A570 Students
- B+388 Students
- A+381 Students
- A346 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.105 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.105 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.111 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.111 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.111 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.155 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.155 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.155 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.171 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.171 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.171 responses
Schools like Arcadia High School
- A+San Marino High School
- San Marino Unified School District, CA
- 254 reviews
- A+Whitney High School
- ABC Unified School District, CA
- 347 reviews
- A+Walnut High School
- Walnut Valley Unified School District, CA
- 569 reviews
- A+South Pasadena Senior High School
- South Pasadena Unified School District, CA
- 415 reviews
Arcadia High School Reviews
I graduated from Arcadia High School in 2019 and overall, it was a difficult but fulfilling experience. It is a very highly competitive environment but I believe it prepared me well for college. I am currently taking summer school in college and I feel far ahead of where my classmates are. I first came to the United States when I was 7th grade and English was not my first language. I struggled through all four years balancing between academics and sports but take great advantage of what the school offers! They have such a new library, new pool, new track, great teachers and the environment. There are many students with different backgrounds so put yourself into their shoes before comparing yourself with.
I graduated from AHS is 2013 and overall, it was a difficult but rewarding experience. It's a highly competitive environment but prepared me extremely well for college. In college, I felt far ahead of where my peers were and I has some kind of exposure already in HS. However, I think it’s important for students to know and remember that high school, what you do, and how you perform does not dictate the course of your entire life. English was not my first language and I come from a first generation, low-income background and I struggled through all four years but I ended up transferring to UC Berkeley two years after I graduated AHS. There are a lot of students who come from affluent backgrounds so do not compared yourself to whether others are academically, socially, and economically. Take advantage of the many extracurricular if you can and enjoy your time!
I've been attending Arcadia High School since freshman year, and my experience has been a series of highs and lows. I appreciate the amount of dedicated students, and diverse personalities I've had the opportunity to encounter. I've truly grown academically and socially because of this school. I wish this school would take the mental health of its students more seriously. As the school is so competitive, students are living to beat their classmates and please their parents. They can be so focused that they lose sight of themselves, and their mental health decreases. I have this "work, work, work" mentality as well. Despite our tribulations, we are able to gain spectacular results for the statistics of our school, academically.