Arcadia High School is a top rated, public school located in Arcadia, CA. It has 3,424 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Arcadia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+945 Students
- A+776 Students
- A717 Students
- A+699 Students
- A681 Students
- A+551 Students
- A506 Students
- A+359 Students
- B+337 Students
- A306 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.99 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.99 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.149 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.149 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.149 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.165 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.165 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.165 responses
Schools like Arcadia High School
- A+San Marino High School
- San Marino Unified School District, CA
- 244 reviews
- A+Whitney High School
- ABC Unified School District, CA
- 331 reviews
- A+Walnut High School
- Walnut Valley Unified School District, CA
- 530 reviews
- A+South Pasadena Senior High School
- South Pasadena Unified School District, CA
- 387 reviews
Arcadia High School Reviews
I graduated from AHS is 2013 and overall, it was a difficult but rewarding experience. It's a highly competitive environment but prepared me extremely well for college. In college, I felt far ahead of where my peers were and I has some kind of exposure already in HS. However, I think it’s important for students to know and remember that high school, what you do, and how you perform does not dictate the course of your entire life. English was not my first language and I come from a first generation, low-income background and I struggled through all four years but I ended up transferring to UC Berkeley two years after I graduated AHS. There are a lot of students who come from affluent backgrounds so do not compared yourself to whether others are academically, socially, and economically. Take advantage of the many extracurricular if you can and enjoy your time!
I have enjoyed the variety of facilities and resources the school has had to offer, such as the new library, new swimming pool, and peer tutoring services the school provides. The teachers at this school are great, preparing lesson plans that help students reach their goals. Many of these teachers are a big reason for the excellent college readiness the school provides. There is a very large course list to choose from, including many AP classes. This school is extremely competitive academically, which has driven the academics to be outstanding. This academic excellence has resulted in a very high pass rate for AP exams, showing college readiness in courses. The administration is also helpful, ranging from all the counselors to the nurses. But, diversity is deficient. At least 70-80% of the school is Asian, mostly Chinese and that disrupts the diversity of the school. The food needs to improve as well, as the sometimes serve greasy food that is unappetizing to students.
I'm currently a sophomore and I can say that although yes, Arcadia is hard, it's worth it. Something that I've noticed though is a big academic gap in students, the smart students are well, really smart, and involved in lots of extra curricular activities, but the "less academically motivated" kids cut class every week and seriously don't try, sure there's people in between, just not that many. What I hate is people complaining about the number of Asians, from what i've seen they're very hardworking, driven people who know what they want in life and it's good to surround yourself with those types of people. The biggest issue, would have to be the theft problem. People on football team, along with other students, are notorious for stealing phones, money, wallets, and more from other's backpacks that are on the benches after school and the administration isn't doing much about it.