Arcadia High School is an elite, public school located in Arcadia, CA. It has 3,424 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Arcadia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+863 Students
- A+720 Students
- A650 Students
- A+636 Students
- A605 Students
- A+516 Students
- A462 Students
- A+341 Students
- A-322 Students
- A284 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.97 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.97 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.103 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.103 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.103 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.147 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.147 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.147 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.163 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.163 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.163 responses
Schools like Arcadia High School
- A+San Marino High School
- San Marino Unified School District, CA
- 241 reviews
- A+Whitney High School
- ABC Unified School District, CA
- 318 reviews
- A+Walnut High School
- Walnut Valley Unified School District, CA
- 516 reviews
- A+South Pasadena Senior High School
- South Pasadena Unified School District, CA
- 370 reviews
Arcadia High School Reviews
Amazing community with large amounts of opportunities. However, it's not very diverse so there is some cultural ignorance. Highly competitive both in academics and sports. The teachers are absolutely amazing!
Most students at Arcadia are very competitive. Granted, there are plenty of slackers and knuckleheads who ruin things, especially in normal classes (non Honors or AP). The normal classes are very easy but they can get really troublesome when it comes to group work because most people won't do what they're supposed to. The academics are quite rigorous, but some teachers don't really do their jobs. Some don't even teach anything, they just tell kids to do work and give them tests which means the hardworking kids aren't prepared enough to take more difficult courses. The activities are great though. There are lots of clubs and programs to join and it's quite fun. The facilities are just okay. The kids are pretty clique-y, but they don't really bother each other. There are some bullies though, and the administration is kind of clueless and doesn't punish them hard enough.
What I liked about Arcadia High was the atmosphere. I could walk inside and feel safe while attending my classes. The teachers that have taught me were quirky and had their own unique way of making learning entertaining. The programs there are impressive and have the variety to fit anyone's interests. In addition to school programs are the numerous amounts of clubs that one can join, each having their own flair to set them apart from each other. Overall, the aspect I found the most appealing about Arcadia High was its guidance. I have already brought up the teachers but the other faculty such as the counselors and coaches provide tremendous aid to students. Whether it be telling students advice for college or just walking around campus and greeting the students with friendly faces, a big number of the adults at this school can bring an optimistic feeling to you any day of the week.