Arapahoe High School is a top rated, public school located in Centennial, CO. It has 2,258 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Arapahoe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A375 Students
- A-338 Students
- A178 Students
- A-120 Students
- B-120 Students
- B-102 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+71 Students
- B65 Students
- A-63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 214 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Schools like Arapahoe High School
- AHeritage High School
- Littleton Public Schools, CO
- 270 reviews
- ALittleton High School
- Littleton Public Schools, CO
- 284 reviews
- A+Rock Canyon High School
- Douglas County School District No. RE-1, CO
- 429 reviews
- A+D'Evelyn Junior/Senior High School
- Jefferson County School District No. R-1, CO
- 194 reviews
Arapahoe High School Reviews
From the past four years at Arapahoe High School, I can confidently say that I feel prepared and ready for college and higher education. While there are many great parts of Arapahoe, such as the variable schedule or off-campus privileges, I believe that the best part of being a Warrior are the teachers. All of the teachers I've known care greatly about the school and their students. Most teachers will meet with students to help them before/after school and during their office hours. As a further testament to the teachers at this school, I and many others have gone back to past teachers for help in a new subject finding that our teachers are glad to help! While the academics can be challenging, the teachers are truly there to help students succeed and achieve their goals.
Arapahoe High School is surrounded by a great community! We take challenges and we rise above them socially, emotionally and academically. The teachers at Arapahoe have influenced not only my desire to further my learning but also have taught me about leadership and kindness to everyone I meet. I think attending Arapahoe and growing from a school shooting and not letting that one tragic event define us shows our strength. Our school motto is "Warriors always take care of one another" and I have found this in the opportunities of student leadership and within the learning environment. I wish that everyone could see the value of our school with a sense of optimism and gratitude for the learning encouraged for the school.
Arapahoe is unlike the rest. A teacher with a bad attitude, no sense of humor, or a lack of empathy would stand out here. Each teacher is passionate, supportive, energetic, wise, and they actively seeks to understand the issues/wishes of students. The student body is respectful, driven, energetic, talented, driven, spirited, and connected. Clubs are numerous and unique and the learning opportunities far outnumber most schools. There are classes for jewelery, yoga, scuba diving, weight training, diving, culinary, social dance, law, woodworking, and more. The staff strive to create a positive and safe environment and are always talking or meeting with students and staying after school to help with an event/club. The building is clean, functional, and decorated. There's not a resource you cannot access nor is there ever a time when you can't get help. Students' physical, social, mental, and educational needs are always met. I wouldn't trade my 4 years at AHS for the world, I'll miss it.