Arapahoe High School is a highly rated, public school located in Centennial, CO. It has 2,262 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
2201 East Dry Creek Road
Centennial, CO 80122
Work Here? Claim Your School
Arapahoe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-409 Students
- A-359 Students
- A-190 Students
- A-134 Students
- B-131 Students
- B-112 Students
- A+100 Students
- A+74 Students
- B71 Students
- A70 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.45 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.45 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 238 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.77 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.76 responses
Schools like Arapahoe High School
- AHeritage High School
- Littleton Public Schools, CO
- 282 reviews
- ALittleton High School
- Littleton Public Schools, CO
- 293 reviews
- A+Rock Canyon High School
- Douglas County School District No. RE-1, CO
- 450 reviews
- A+D'Evelyn Junior/Senior High School
- Jefferson County School District No. R-1, CO
- 204 reviews
Arapahoe High School Reviews
I loved being a student at Arapahoe. The teachers are very involved and interested in students' lives, making learning more enjoyable. The administration team cares deeply for the students, and are always reaching out to better the community. I felt that the student body was very close, and I rarely saw signs of students ostracizing one another. Overall, I loved my time at Arapahoe and hope that all current and future students find the community as inviting as I did!
Arapahoe has absolutely phenomenal teachers and staff and an excellent curriculum. However they are lacking in the counseling department. I’m my four years at Arapahoe, I dealt with the deaths of four of my classmates—all to suicide. The school did not handle the grieving students very well, especially when two of them committed suicide on consecutive days. School resumed all too quickly and the staff was insensitive about a lot of it. If they were able to handle mental illness and counseling better than I would give my school a five star review. The teachers are some of the most supportive and encouraging adults I’ve ever met; they teach in whatever way helps their students best and always find ways to make high school less stressful and more entertaining.
Arapahoe HS demonstrates themselves as a high academic and sporting school. Our academics are off the charts and our sports strive to be the best. Which is great for a high school, yet so is mental health. Over the past years of being a high school student, I believe mental health needs to be a known issue among high schools.Arapahoe needs to understand that grades and sports are not just the core of there existence. Something needs to change about how they view there students. On the other spectrum, they strive for us to have the highest grades which is awesome. Arapahoe has given many students the opportunity to create lasting memories and amazing social and academic skills to use in life. As a whole, I believe Arapahoe HS is an amazing school in the aspect of high academics and pushing there students to be the best of the best, but sometimes being the best of the best isn't always in one's best interest and self-care and mental health are at the top of the list.