Aragon High School Reviews

I felt Aragon wasn't very good in making individual students grow. It just felt like they wanted us to get good grades so that they could say they were a top high school, not to better my education. I wanted to become more outside the box and unique, but it felt like we're just being built up to be shipped out to college, all the same. I recently transferred to Middle College, and I feel like I've had so many more unique opportunities to shine and become a leader, instead of just a follower or participant.
I like the community at Aragon it's very welcoming and there are various clubs for anyone to be a part of. There's a group of friends for every individual. The teachers are very helpful and willing to help you succeed in any way possible. The only thing I would suggests improvement on is the counseling department, they can be slow and need constant reminders to get stuff done.
I really enjoyed the atmosphere that was developed by hard working peers, helpful teachers, and kind faculty. Though the school lacks the spirit of neighboring institutions, I still felt as though I was a part of something, and the drive of those around me pushed me to better myself as both a student and an individual.
Start Your Review of Aragon High School
I learned much about the student life as well as the great relationships that you can gain with your teachers who are there for you when you need it.
Very Welcoming, and makes you feel apart of the family. At Aragon I can find help very easily and not be afraid of being judged.
I really enjoyed Aragon because of the variety of courses on top of the required courses. Also, everyone at Aragon knows how to act, kind and considerate.
Aragon provides a great education for students if they take advantage of what the school provides. The community of Aragon provides an inclusive environment that rewards students for hard work and individuality
I really loved the teachers of Aragon because they were challenging, but at the same time, they legitimately cared about the well being of their students. Sports was an extracurricular activity that I thoroughly enjoyed as well, and I recommend people to join a sport.
I learned about myself in relation to community and academics and grew because of that. I would not be who I am today if not for this school and the experience I had there.
As a senior I've had a great high school experience at Aragon; I've met so many great people and great teachers! There are so many student run clubs at this school, and the sports have amazing coaches. The cafeteria food may be questionable at times, so I bring my own lunch. Aragon is known to be a very studious and hard working school, so just be prepared for the workload if you're an incoming student.
Aragon provides a reasonably rigorous and well integrated program for students who care about their futures. These students are well prepared for higher education, training programs, and work. For those who don't care, it is a custodial experience.
If I could describe Aragon in one word, it would be "competitive." Contrary to the school stereotypes surrounding the San Mateo Union HS District, though Aragon may not be the most "spirited," it is definitely the most hardworking. The students are driven; everyone is motivated to "make it" to a 4 year university, and challenges themselves to do well in their classes, with some even giving up some of their summer to take Chemistry so they can take AP Bio sophomore year.

The sports are fantastic, with a large variety to choose from, but unfortunately, no dance program. However, the media courses such as Digital Photo, AP photo and video are interesting and challenging, and doesn't fail to disappoint.
Aragon is a a great school if you are looking for excellent academics, top-ranked sports teams and a live social atmosphere.
I think my experience at Aragon High School so far has been great. The teachers really try to help you learn and care about you. They are always flexible for you when you need them, and they can also be someone you need to talk to even if its about problems at home. The people can be really welcoming too.
There are many different clubs in our school and they are open to everybody. It does not matter how much experience you have, your level of intelligence, your economic status, your race or your religion. If you have interest you are welcome.
Aragon is a very diverse school both in terms of culture/ethnicity and interests. It is very easy to find a place and make friends, and there is very little segregation between any social groups. It is just one big student body and we all accept each other and support each other.
All the teachers at Aragon high school are very engaging and supportive towards the student body. It is easy to ask for help and guidance, even if it is not directly related to the class you are taking. They are overall just good people.
Start Your Review of Aragon High School
The school is very accepting of diversity. Many LGBTQ students do not feel the need to hide their sexual orientation and there are many different ethic groups, so there is hardly ever any issue about bullying due to not accepting a certain race.
There is a wide variety of classes available and many teachers are kind and willing to help the students. The workload is reasonable depending on which classes you take. Popular classes include AP English, Photography, and AP Physics.
The school feels very safe, there is little bullying heard of and there are police officers on campus.