Arabia Mountain High School - Academy of Engineering Reviews

I love Arabia Mountain High School! From the moment I walked in on my first day of freshmen year I felt automatically welcome. The teachers were so friendly.The Principal of the school ,Dr. Rodney Swanson is the coolest principal ever. He is so understanding, you can talk to him about anything. Whenever you see him, he is going to greet you with a smile on his face, guaranteed. I am currently in my senior year at Arabia Mountain High School, and I must admit I am kind off sad I have to leave in a couple months. I started off has a shy girl, unsure and timid about everything. Oh how Arabia changed that. I am now the captain of the AMHS Jewels dance team (2018-2019), and was Co-Captain in the 2017-2018 school year. I've also recently won Homecoming Queen. If you would told me, 3 years ago that I would earn all these accomplishments, I would have never believed you. Arabia changed my life for the better, and everyone should know that I go to the best High School in the world.
Arabia Mountain is a great school for college preparation. The rigorous courses and assignments pay off in the long run as our alumni do great in college.
This school will challenge you to the point where you want to give up. If you do the work and concentrate on your studies because if you don't you'll get kicked out. Arabia will be a place where you can achieve your dreams after high school.
Start Your Review of Arabia Mountain High School - Academy of Engineering
I moved back to Dekalb County in mid-summer of 2014, not knowing what to expect from this high school. Little did I know, suffering through summer homework and tumbling into more homework is rather an underestimate. With uniforms limiting our expression, some strict/mean teachers, replacement of staff members, and peer pressure, the three years of Arabia was a disastrous nightmare. As a senior now, the level of my maturity and independence mellowed out, I can guarantee saying that not everything was terrible. Most of the teachers were average to great educators to help my mental and physical state and the school offers benefits towards colleges, AP, Gifted, and Accelerated classes within the environment.
If you want to go to Arabia Mountain High School in the nearest future, just prepare yourself.
I am a senior at Arabia Mountain High School and I've been going there all 4 years. Overall classes are average and the teachers are great. However for me personally, I disliked going to Arabia Mountain High School because the people for say are not my type of people. In middle school I went to Lithonia Middle School and loved it. But when I came to Arabia I noticed the type of people I was now surrounded with were not the ones I was surrounded by in middle school.
I am currently a senior at Arabia Mountain High school and my experience at Arabia has been amazing, the teachers and administration really care about the students education and wants everyone to be successful. The school takes great pride in the achievements that the students makes whether it is academic or participating in sports.
I love my experience at Arabia Mountain High School.I've learned a lot and I think it will prepare me for my next phase in my career which is college.
Arabia Mountain is a great school. I have had some really great teachers. My favorite classes include biology and culinary arts.
My daughter will be graduating from Arabia Mountain High School in 2019. We love this school!!! It has prepared her for college well.
Arabia Mountain High School is a challenging school in which they help you get ready for college and helps you become a better person in fields such as decision making and determination to finish everything that comes your way.
Arabia mountain is a good school. In the 3 years I have been attending this school, I have learnt may different things. I learnt what OEC was and i enjoyed it very much. I got to learn about nursing. In my second year at Arabia I got to attend the Science bowl Competition in Minnesota. I really enjoyed the trip and I got to experience another side of science that i have never seen before. I would like to see more help for the senior who are getting ready for college. More support and counselling.
Arabia Mountain High School is a very rigorous school. You have to be mentally prepared for the work and have good time management skills. The work can become overwhelming if you're not involved by doing things such as answering questions. The best way to get around is to always ask questions because the administration staff is really helpful.
Arabia was over all a good school, the academics was very excellent. The teachers was cool. I enjoyed Arabia, I never had any distractions in class, the school was oraganzied and made me feel comfortable. I'm proud to be an Arabia Alumni.
I've been attending Arabia Mountain since the 9th grade and each year it got more challenging. The worst part was the heart break of seeing that one eighty-nine on my report card almost every year. But through it all I feel like I have expanded my knowledge and each tribulation greatly prepared and influenced my future. I now feel like I can conquer any and every challenge that is thrown my way because I attended the amazing and rigorous Arabia Mountain High School.
My years at Arabia Mountain High School was overall amazing with minor bumps in the road. The school is somewhat like a prison when it comes to dress code considering how strict they are on students. The school has wide range of personalities so you will be sure to find someone you can call a friend even among the staff. The teaching there is great the teachers work with and make sure you take something from their class.
My experience was very new, fun, challenging, and overwhelming graduating from Arabia Mountain. I learned so much and did so many things that prepared me for Georgia State. There were some times that were very dramatic, but all in all my friends nd family helped made this place a home.
My experience in Arabia mountain high school was very good. I've learned many different skills that I can later on use in my college years. The teachers are overall good. They teach you things according to the subject that will help you pass the tests and the class.
Start Your Review of Arabia Mountain High School - Academy of Engineering
I have been attending Arabia Mountain since my freshman year and now I am a senior . I really enjoyed attending Arabia Mountain. My grades improved tremendously since then. I now have a 3.8 GPA. The teachers, staff, and students also makes the school fun.
What I like about Arabia Mountain High School is its ability to teach students in all different ways. Such as by going outside or drawing on the windows, you are always learning something new and exciting. Things that Arabia Mountain High School could improve upon is its excessive amount of work. I believe that the faculty and staff must be open-minded to what the students are going through and all the other extra-curricular activities that they have going on along with education.
Arabia Mountain took Academics very seriously and it showed in the classroom. This was something that I appreciated, it made me feel as if I was getting a truly good education. When I was attending the school, I felt as if I was learning at a higher level than many of my peers who attended other schools within Dekalb County. However, I did not like the uniforms that students were forced to wear. The school's staff was so strict about the uniform, that it made the school sometimes feel like a prison.