A.R. Johnson Health Science & Engineering Magnet School Reviews

I like all of the teachers and staff that I've had encounters with. Everyone there is very friendly! I also love the opportunity I have at Johnson. The only thing I would wish to see changed is the sports that we offer. It would be amazing if we had football so that Johnson could have that real high school feel to it.
Teachers are kinda bad at teaching but I'm here just for it to look good on my resume. Thank god I'm a senior.
Only if you are absolutely serious about being in the engineering or medical field, attend this school. It was a great school overall but you do miss out on a lot of the average high school experience.
Start Your Review of A.R. Johnson Health Science & Engineering Magnet School
Overall, it was a great experience. Some of the teachers seemed a little odd at times, but I feel like they helped prepare me for college.
In my personal expierence from attending AR Johnson for three years and going to be attending there for two more years was this school prepares you for college and made sure you were going to succeed in whatever college you want to attend.But I will say a lot of the teachers in the math department and other departments as well are not the best at teaching. It’s more of a you learn on your own kind of teaching style which for most people isn’t good.I think if they would get better teachers and have more after school activities it would be better.But I do have to say the soccer team and hosa club are very popular. They do a great job when planning school activities.There always well organized.
I enjoyed A. R. Johnson. The rigor of the courses were sort of like boot camp to prepare us for college. I know it was in the best interest for all of our teachers to prepare the best they could. The faculty and staff were excellent over the years. With me being on the engineering track and seeing all of the Health Sciences students get the resources and experiences they received for their studies made me realize that us engineers didn't have that. So I'd like to see for the engineers to receive as much attention and resources as the Health Sciences to not only make us more credible, but have both sides develop as a whole. But over all, I enjoyed my time there
Being in A. R. Johnson altered the way I was preparing for college. Rather than just taking AP and honor courses on campus, I also took online and in-class college courses through the Dual Enrollement program, which promoted the trait of independence to my lifestyle, which I will need to succeed in the future.
A. R. Johnson Health Science and Engineering Magnet School is a prestigious school that offers a great academic learning experience open to students in grade ranges 6-12. In order to become a student you have to take a test before being able to attend the school. Johnson Magnet offers many opportunities such as clubs, internship, extra-curricular activities such as Youth Leadership and ACADECA. Graduating from A. R. Johnson would put you above other students attending zoned high schools. However, in order to graduate from Johnson you need at least 28 credits.
A.R. Johnson is a great way to get a headstart on a career in healthcare or engineering. It's location is a big advantage for healthcare students and the schools connections allows the engineering students to get real world experience. Almost all students leave Johnson certified in their respected field.
I am in the class of 2018 and have been attending this school since 2012. I have never had any problems with any of the staff at this school as well as the students. The faculty and staff are very nice and it has rubbed off on most of the students. The competition here is fierce if you want a top spot in the class. Overall good school, Just need to fix a few minor problems and to find a way to fix student morale.
I have been a student at ARJ for 6 years now, this being my senior year, and my experience has been wonderful. I have received the education that I wanted, and was given all the resources to have a successful high school career. I feel as though my experience at ARJ, has prepared me for college, and I can't wait to see what happens when that time comes.
I have enjoyed my time at this school although there are some faults. Not all of the teachers are very progressive in their thinking and seem stuck in the past. However there are those that helped to guide me on my way and teach me what I need for the future.
It has been a very unique experience with all the rigour it has given me. I love the vibe and the feel of the school. It makes me feel cool.
A.R. Johnson Health Science and Engineering Magnet School is above an okay school, but below excellent. I feel that the school is more competitive than focused clearly on our education. They took away some classes that could have helped with both the engineering and health science track and replaced them with classes such as band and chorus. The change I would like to see is the discipline on students and teachers.
This school focuses more on the health care track than the Engineering. The people and activities there give off a fun atmosphere, but the sports are limited. The work is tough but it prepares you for college.
This school is generally ok. As a current senior going to graduate, I have experienced and witnessed many changes that will be occurring in the school. These changes seem to propel the school forward.
I felt like A R Johnson has prepared me for college more than anything. The academics part was more of a struggle to me because it's on a higher level and most of the time you end up teaching yourself the work. Overall I did have a great high school expgame reinvented here and learned about the health care track which I want to be involved in and I also received more than my required credits to graduate.
Start Your Review of A.R. Johnson Health Science & Engineering Magnet School
Great environment. Teachers really push you to work hard. I felt very prepared for college and now that I'm here, I see that I am more prepared than other students!
AR Johnson was a great school for its intended purposes. It stressed the importance of academics and education, however, they did not offer a variety of sports clubs. Other than that, it was a great school.
I think A. R Johnson is a great school for learning mainly in the professions of engineering and Healthcare but it opens the door to any possibilities in those fields of study. Though there are going to be tough times and difficult work and occasionally teachers the rewards and opportunities you receive are excellent.