Aquinas Institute Reviews

Aquinas was the best and worse of times. My favorite about Aquinas is having an eternal family there tha I know I can turn to. Although I love my school, I would like seeing te participation increase as I am on student council, I notice those things more than others.
I have had a great experience at Aquinas! I love all of my friends and they have prepared me very well for college and for our life outside of school!
I love the family environment that Aquinas continues to exhibit year after year. All students are able to find thag one teacher that they are able to talk to about their personal life, academic life, and everything in between. I wish that Aquinas would give more consdieration to the pricing of the food sold in the cafeteria during lunch, since the tuition bill and other fees are high.
Start Your Review of Aquinas Institute
Aquinas is an interesting school to be at, but the experience you gain by the end of your time there is well worth it. There is a dress code that can be a bit of a pain at times, but there are enough dress down days that it doesn't really matter that much. Most of the teachers there are truly dedicated to ensuring that their students succeed, and it creates an environment of people that are all working hard towards their own goals and helping others along the way.
Aquinas seems like the right school until you realize the only thing they really care about is sports. If you're a "star athlete" you're out first before anyone else and always get special treatment. It doesn't matter what anyone else has to say because if one of the star athletes says there aren't any cliques even if there are then that's how it goes. Teachers treat the student like children even when they are 5 days away from graduating. One of my teachers thought it would be best to put us in "time out" my senior year because one person asked a question and she didn't like it so we spent 50 minutes in time out instead of learning. All the teachers who enjoyed teaching or were considered the best teachers in the school left and it's not a surprise why.
It is coed catholic High School that has a very deverse student population. Felt it was a very good school for both academics and sports.
Aquinas is equal parts education and family! At Aquinas, you can turn to anyone to help you with anything. Whether you're having a bad day, or need help with your math homework, there is always someone there to help you.
This school had its ups and downs but in all seriousness i loved it here. I have made friends here that i still hang out with today. During my four years there the school was very heavy on sports and they still are so if you are into athletics this is the school to go to. They have shows for each of there arts program such as theater, music, visual arts, and band. The food could be better especially for what students and parents are paying for. The school is not in the best neighborhood but nothing terrible has every happened there and most students are well behaved.The school is catholic based so they do have mass once a month nut all religions are welcomed.
As I journey my years at Aquinas, there are some good and bad times. I love the fact that the teachers treat you like family. Personally, I am very close with my teachers and they always are here to help me if I need it. I also like how the students are the main focus of the school. We always see the students taking control and initiative roles in school which I find amazing and interesting. It's nice to not have a bunch of adults control my daily life at school, instead my classmates make decisions. In middle school I had a difficult time fitting in and I was bullied quite a lot. It took me a long time to realize how to deal with my feelings and manage my depression, but I do believe my negative experiences have strengthened me as a person.Now I am no longer afraid to speak out my mind and my beliefs. I look forward in continuing my journey at Aquinas and excited to see where it takes me in the future.
I love how you can feel welcomed when you walk into the school and everyone here is very loving and caring. The teachers do not only just care about your grades, but they care about you as a person and they make sure the students are doing okay personally.
There could be more importance and attention paid to some extracurriculars but overall there is a good mix, and people really seem to enjoy what they do.
Aquinas has its fair share of problems but I graduated with an entire family that I love to death. I had so many amazing memories at that school and I truly feel as though my Aquinas education adequately prepared me for college.
There are some amazing teachers but also many average.
While i attended the school, the nurse was rude
There are a wide variety of clubs, all very accepting
The family atmosphere is great and creates unity
Many teachers were genuinely interested in students
Start Your Review of Aquinas Institute
Some teachers are better than others. Majority are dull, and rarely energize a classroom. Several exceptions do make school day better (ie Mrs. Krickmire, Mr. Marche, Mr. Shook, and Mrs. J).
School is often divided politically, with those on right being the minority. Teachers tend to discourage students who are politically right-leaning. Few right-leaning teachers, and none that speak up for the minority. Counseling Office rarely occupied, and never open before or after school. Traditional health and safety (ie security, nurse, response to emergency) is fine. School almost never does lock-down drills.
The extracurriculars are often overshadowed by the sports, and in particular football, programs. As a result they are all underfunded. The Theater department often has to put together 4-5 shows a year on a shoe-string budget. The Varsity Golf team doesn't receive Varsity letters. The teachers and the administration are always at odds due to a disconnect between the two.