Aquinas High School Reviews

Aquinas High School offers students a private, Catholic education in order to prepare for college. Currently, Aquinas struggles to keep teachers, but the small class sizes allow for students and teachers to work personally with each other. Located in the city, Aquinas lacks an outdoor center of learning. The students wear the dress code of solid-colored pants and a polo. Due to the cost and religious beliefs, the school lacks diversity. I am satisfied with my education, but I am not sure that the cost and the resources provided by the school are worth it.
Aquinas provides a good education, but it tends to make those that aren’t straight or male feel like they don’t belong. The administration lacks problem solving prowess, claiming to have gotten rid of an issue when they really have just covered it up. As far as academics go, I really believe that they offer a great education for the most part, but their class selection is smaller than most due to the lack of room and staff.
I really liked how small the school was and the people there. I didn't like how the teaching staff was going in my later years, I think they only hire people that have relations to the school, rather than their credentials.
Start Your Review of Aquinas High School
I think that Aquinas is a good school to attend. The teachers are very helpful if you have a question, or need help because you don't understand something. The teachers are also very approachable and willing to help you. The students are very nice. Since the school is not very big, you know everyone in your grade, and the grades are pretty close with each other. At Aquinas, I feel safe in the school and the environment around it. Also. Aquinas pushes you to work hard academical. I feel that Aquinas helps people get ready for college, so its not as big of a change once you graduate. Overall I believe Aquinas is a great school to attend.
The academics are fairly rigorous, and I've heard some people say that college seems easy in comparison. It is never too difficult though, and teachers do want to help. Some teachers, however, are not the best, and it can be frustrating. Sports are pretty good, especially for girls, which is definitely a plus for athletes.
The family atmosphere was the best thing about Aquinas. Everyone was always willing to help you out and help you achieve what you wanted. I never had a problem with the students or faculty.
Very good school, teachers are disciplined with students. I am currently a senior and would encourage any middle schoolers who are unsure of where they want to go, to attend Aquinas High School. Along with the outstanding academics, the athletics and atmosphere at this school are above any I have ever heard of anywhere else.
It is a very good college prep school and is a safe place to learn about the catholic religion. There is a very low diversity rate. Many of the students are white although there are also many exchange students from China. The sport teams often go to state due to our overall fantastic coaches. There are many clubs teens can join too. The middle school is within the high school so many students have been together since 7th grade. The science and technology areas of the school are lacking. The math department is only slightly better. Not many classes are offered.
Small class sizes in all of the classes, teachers care about the students and get to know them as individuals.
Aquinas offers an excellent education and encourages service to those in need. It has helped me develop a deep religious belief.
Aquinas High School has been a positive part of my life. I have enjoyed my high school experience at Aquinas. The school truly prepares you for college with the work load and responsibility you have to learn. There are many classes to take that challenge you including AP and Honors classes. The athletics and extracurricular activities at Aquinas make the experience of attending this school a fun one. There are so many opportunities to be involved and make a difference. The environment of Aquinas makes it a one of a kind place to be. The Catholic community makes all students feel welcome. When attending Aquinas and even after graduation, you truly feel like part of the Aquinas family.
Different teachers vary in their efforts in engagin students, but overall, the teachers do a good job at involving everyone and providing various opportunities that are similar to those in college.
Generally felt pretty safe. Didn't have a cop assigned there at all, had a few drug searches with dogs
Most of the money gets channeled into sports, especially basketball and football
Felt like a big family, had lots of fun goofing around and participating in sports
Some of them are too strict, but mostly they're pretty laid back and ok with whatever
I feel very safe at school, it is locked during school hours and you can only get buzzed in. We do not have a nurse on staff but the entire staff seems to be aware of everything going on. It's nice when all the teachers know your name. I have been bullied a little but that was a few years ago already.
Start Your Review of Aquinas High School
I think for a small school there is a lot offered. I was in Robotics which is only in it's 5th year. Many students play 3 sports in a year. There are charitable organizations and other basic clubs. The teachers seem to really enjoy the club they help in.
I think the good things outweigh the bad. I have enjoyed being able to be in music and robotics. I think because it's a small school it makes everyone feel comfortable doing more than just one thing. So you aren't as labeled as jock, or nerd. There is more crossover of everything at our school.
It's so hard to put them all in the same picture. Like everywhere some are really great and others are just not as good of teachers. I think at our school there are a lot more good teachers than bad.