Aptos High School Reviews

Certain departments have better teachers than others. The science teachers were great math teachers not so much. A lot of money and focus goes into activities and sports programs. Especially football, swim, basketball and waterpolo. Overall good school, average education, but great social experience. Another perc is the beautiful campus (south of Santa Cruz )
Aptos High school is a great place for young teens to blossom. Their academics are great and the teachers truly care about the students success. The athletics of Aptos High is something that sets the school apart, for years it has been known as a force to be reckoned in it's athletes.
The teachers are nice, really really really really really really really realy nice. Super super super kind. Other than the limited AP spots and the lack of mainence, everything was nice.
Start Your Review of Aptos High School
Teachers do not really invest in their students. If they do, it is very rare. Bullying and drugs are very prevalent. I could not wait to get out of this place. The kids were not nice at all.
Teachers at Aptos High School, despite their low pay come to school everyday ready to educate the next generation of our nation. They make the best of what materials available and even pay out of pocket to ensure students recieve the best educational experience.
The overall attitude of Aptos High students is very nice. People are mostly friendly and a lot of people take AP classes. Some people are less pleasant than others, but bullying isn't a huge problem as high schools go.
It is a very good and well rounded school. I have met a lot of people and grown a lot at Aptos high over the four years.
Generally apathetic enviroment, some teachers were nice but most were overworked, underpaid and boring.
I love the big school atmosphere and sports teams! The dances and other school activities are awesome.
Aptos High School is a very safe environment. I feel like they have made it a priority to make students feel welcome, it has emotional counselors that could be visited anytime. This school also offers a variety of AP classes to prepare us for college.
Enjoyed some classes more than others. Glad I transferred here as opposed to the other school I went to. Had a wide range of classes to choose from and explore different interests.
Aptos is a very neutral school in my opinion, there are really good and really bad things in every category. I have trouble with the majority of the administration but our principal is wonderful. Aptos is known for it's incredible sports program, it's well funded and just overall great, whoever as someone who does theatre it's upsetting that none of the art departments get any funding and everything is out of our teachers, and our own pockets.
Aptos is a great school. We have teachers that really care about student success, and that really makes the school environment.
I liked the clearly committed teachers and also powerful sports program. I'd like to see a change in leadership with the principal, and also a more accepting environment for students who aren't "Perfect". If you don't fit the niche of STEM prodigy, you will have a very hard time
This school has been run by terrible administration who only care about catching people doing something wrong instead of helping troubled kids.
Great sports and Monte vista has bad ones. Mariners beat mustangs. boys varsity is the best and I heard class of 2022 freshman are gonna be really stacked next year!!!
The people are all cool for the most part, and the teachers all seem dedicated. The bathrooms aren't that great, and there's a lot of trash on campus, but other than that it's a great school.
Start Your Review of Aptos High School
Aptos High School provided an average American high school experience. There were some excellent, inspiring and hard working teachers as well as some who were unkind, impatient and harsh. They have a great sports program that thrives and creates community among students, however most of the money goes to athletics- creating a lack of funding for facilities and other school events. Aptos High provided a good education and tried to create a positive student life but often struggled.
I spent the entirety of my high school career here. I did well and overall would call my high school experience good. I had some incredibly inspiring teachers as well as average ones. It's a small school, so everyone mostly knows everyone else and it's easy to get to know your instructors and classmates. Not the best high school ever, but not the worst. Good science programs as well as arts programs. Too much money spent on sports, but that's hard to avoid honestly.
Aptos High is an amazing school. It offers a variety of great AP classes. The teachers here are also very involved and work well with their students. The environment is nice and refreshing. There is plenty of clubs and sports to take part in. One thing that could be improved would be good. The food isn't necessarily mediocre but it could be a lot better. Overall a great school though.