Aptos High School Reviews

This school has been run by terrible administration who only care about catching people doing something wrong instead of helping troubled kids.
Great sports and Monte vista has bad ones. Mariners beat mustangs. boys varsity is the best and I heard class of 2022 freshman are gonna be really stacked next year!!!
The people are all cool for the most part, and the teachers all seem dedicated. The bathrooms aren't that great, and there's a lot of trash on campus, but other than that it's a great school.
Start Your Review of Aptos High School
Aptos High School provided an average American high school experience. There were some excellent, inspiring and hard working teachers as well as some who were unkind, impatient and harsh. They have a great sports program that thrives and creates community among students, however most of the money goes to athletics- creating a lack of funding for facilities and other school events. Aptos High provided a good education and tried to create a positive student life but often struggled.
I spent the entirety of my high school career here. I did well and overall would call my high school experience good. I had some incredibly inspiring teachers as well as average ones. It's a small school, so everyone mostly knows everyone else and it's easy to get to know your instructors and classmates. Not the best high school ever, but not the worst. Good science programs as well as arts programs. Too much money spent on sports, but that's hard to avoid honestly.
Aptos High is an amazing school. It offers a variety of great AP classes. The teachers here are also very involved and work well with their students. The environment is nice and refreshing. There is plenty of clubs and sports to take part in. One thing that could be improved would be good. The food isn't necessarily mediocre but it could be a lot better. Overall a great school though.
If you are willing to put in a decent to considerable amount of effort to learn, many teachers will be very helpful. That said, class sizes are large (30-35 people usually), and students do have to take matters into their own hands to pursue even very important subjects further.
Also, there are not as many AP course offerings (no Psychology or World History, only one Physics course).
Extracurricular activities other than sports, Mock Trial, and Drama are underdeveloped.
My experience at Aptos High School was great, although my freshman year was one of the hardest for me. I came from a K-8th grade school, so this meant that I had to change my friends and everything at Aptos was harder for me. I think that making friends was hard and trying to come out of my comfort zone! What I loved from Aptos High was the way the teachers treated you, they are super helpful and made me feel safe. I got to open myself and become a completely different person than I was at my middle school. Now I'm a much more confident person and I think that Aptos High is a very good school that helps you develop more skills!
If you don't fall through the cracks, Aptos can be a great HS experience. AP classes are offered. Some of the teachers don't actually teach so you need to learn the material on your own. Althetics are good.
I attended Aptos High School for 3 years. I was very depressed at the time but the school was overall great. The faculty was kind and caring, they pushed students to do their best in every aspect possible.
I like this school, but I do not think it is exceptional. The AP courses available are extremely limited and often inflexible in terms of scheduling. This is due to the small number of people signing up for AP classes. I think to make students college-ready, they should offer AP courses subjects such as Chemistry, Philosophy, Psychology, etc, that are not currently available.
Overall, Aptos Hugh School was okay. Teachers are pretty good and seem to be knowledgeable about what they are teaching. The administration staff however is not very helpful. I have had a few mishaps regarding my classes and issues with my transcripts.
Aptos High School had a lot of ups and downs. The highlight of this school was definitely the Anatomy course taught by Mrs. Miller. In addition to that, all of my English (advanced) classes were extremely discussion-heavy and had a lot of class participation, which I enjoyed. On the other hand, my experience with my peers in general was very poor. I am not sure why it was like this, but I found myself bullied often and felt I couldn't do much about it. I feel this school should really crack down on making the environment a friendly and open one more than anything.
Overall very good. Could be cleaner, the bathrooms are not incredibly sanitary, and there is a lot of trash on campus.
I've absolutely loved my time at Aptos High School. Not everything is perfect, as the arts programs tend to get neglected (but that's kind of just every high school), but I've found the vast majority of the staff to be extremely helpful and supportive and I couldn't have been happier anywhere else.
I would like to see a cleaner campus, with custodians that actually do their jobs.
I would like to see money from the district go into updating the buildings roofs and their air conditioning.
Aptos high has an amazing vibe, everyone is super friendly, gets along great and the AP classes really challenge you, amazing school with great pride.
Start Your Review of Aptos High School
Although this school happens to be located in a very socially and financially diverse part of the central coast, the teachers I had at the time put effort into helping low-income and minorities really integrate into the school and made sure that we succeeded in our studies.
The school overall was a pretty cool place to attend high school. It was located more or less in the forrest and was very close to my house. There was always school activities going on during lunch and stuff and the student body always tried to get everyone involved. The best time of the year was always homecoming because each class really came together as a whole and showed their class spirit. My school was also very sports oriented and one of the best in our area so it was always really fun to go to sports games and cheer on our school.
Most of the teachers that I had during my time at Aptos were really nice and caring teachers, but I also felt like a lot of them got fed up with some of the kids in my class. Overall they try really hard to teach you what they know, but some teachers are very lazy and don't really care to teach but rather make you teach yourself. The teachers at Aptos are involved in the classroom as well as in school sports and other school activities. If you ever had a problem at school or at hime you were always abel to talk to a teacher about it because you could tell that a lot of them generally cared about the well being of their students.