Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesD-
Aptos High School is a highly rated, public school located in Aptos, CA. It has 1,432 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Aptos High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-180 Students
- A+176 Students
- A+175 Students
- A168 Students
- B-164 Students
- A160 Students
- A+154 Students
- B+127 Students
- A121 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Aptos High School
- ASanta Cruz High School
- Santa Cruz City High School District, CA
- 87 reviews
- C+Watsonville High School
- Pajaro Valley Unified School District, CA
- 396 reviews
- AScotts Valley High School
- Scotts Valley Unified School District, CA
- 120 reviews
- A+Dr. TJ Owens Gilroy Early College Academy
- Gilroy Unified School District, CA
- 154 reviews
Aptos High School Reviews
My experience at Aptos High School has been very exhilarating. I have been able to make new friends easily helping me gain better social interaction with others. The teachers and faculty members are normally available for students and always willing to help. Sports play a big role in school culture, mainly football and basketball, with the growing popularity of volleyball. Food from the PVUSD is very lackluster but subtle. Parent involvement is not very present as the school normally has to fend for itself or from pleading for donations from students' families. Besides the few harsh criticisms or remarks I have stated, Aptos High School is an amazing high school for those living in Santa Cruz County and I do not regret attending Aptos High School. GO MARINERS!
I had a great experience at Aptos High! The environment of the school is very supportive and calm. Most teachers have their best interests in students and do all that they can to help them succeed academically. After being an athlete at Aptos for 4 years, I am confident in saying that the athletic director, Mark Dorfman, does an excellent job finding the best coaches. These coaches also do their best to make sure that the student athletes they train are succeeding and being pushed to their limits in the best ways possible. Although the counselors were very busy and had long lines, they were easily available through appointment. During my senior year, I had lots of support with applying for college and scholarships. One thing I would change about Aptos High, it would be school culture and pride. Our student body would work hard to get other students to participate in school spirit weeks but the outcomes were disappointing.
Attending Aptos high school was an welcoming and inspiring experience. This distinguished bay area high school offered me countless resources and genuinely wanted me to succeed beyond the classroom. Aptos high truly wanted to engage their students in extra curricular activities, whether that is sports, clubs, community service, and many more options. I was personally motivated by the teachers at the school; so much so that they inspired me to pursue a career in education as well. All of my math teachers were passionate about their jobs and that passion made each of those classes memorable. The educators at this school were more than just teachers; they were personal motivators to their students. I want to be able to impact other student in a positive way just as my educators at Aptos did for me. As an Aptos high graduate of 2018, I couldn't of asked for a better high school experience.