Aptos High School is a highly rated, public school located in Aptos, CA. It has 1,409 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Aptos High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+135 Students
- A+134 Students
- A-131 Students
- A128 Students
- A123 Students
- B-116 Students
- A+113 Students
- A+95 Students
- A-90 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyC
- Cost of LivingD-
- Good for FamiliesB-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Aptos High School
- ASanta Cruz High School
- Santa Cruz City High School District, CA
- 73 reviews
- C+Watsonville High School
- Pajaro Valley Unified School District, CA
- 368 reviews
- AScotts Valley High School
- Scotts Valley Unified School District, CA
- 106 reviews
- ADr. TJ Owens Gilroy Early College Academy
- Gilroy Unified School District, CA
- 91 reviews
Aptos High School Reviews
My experience at Aptos High School was great, although my freshman year was one of the hardest for me. I came from a K-8th grade school, so this meant that I had to change my friends and everything at Aptos was harder for me. I think that making friends was hard and trying to come out of my comfort zone! What I loved from Aptos High was the way the teachers treated you, they are super helpful and made me feel safe. I got to open myself and become a completely different person than I was at my middle school. Now I'm a much more confident person and I think that Aptos High is a very good school that helps you develop more skills!
I really have enjoyed the science department at Aptos High School. The teachers are excellent and they offer a number of different science class options, as well as AP classes. Aptos also has excellent sports programs, with great coaches and equipment. The campus is slowly being updated, as we recently got a new performing arts center. The classroom buildings could use updating, but our sports fields, pool, and gyms are all in great condition.
My experience of Aptos High for the most part was very positive. Despite the turbulences of the teenage years, I met some incredible people and had several teachers in all departments that were supportive and truly cared about the students. Even though I struggled in math and history classes, those teachers took the time to reach out and help me, as well as recognize the activities and subjects that I was good at, never making me feel like I was inadequate.