Appoquinimink High School Reviews

Appo is ok it’s not the best in my opinion and it’s also not bad. I feel like some of the teachers aren’t great and they don’t really care about students grades as they should. I don’t like the dress code I feel like it’s strict and some things are very Unnecessary.
Both the teachers and students were very welcoming. During the open house that I attended to learn about this school, I learned that they prepare you for a pathway of your choice. One thing I very much disliked was PE class. Not because of physical activity, I love that, but because of the lack of physical activity. We have to walk around the gym for 30-45 minutes for whatever reason, and if we try and do something else, such as run or play with a ball during that time, we get in trouble. We have a block schedule which means we only have certain classes one semester and different ones the next. Which can be troubling because if you have, let's say math, during the first semester one year, then the next year you have it the second semester, that's over a full year without math class. This can very easily lead to students forgetting how to do something they learned the previous year. Otherwise, it's a great school.
The best teachers you will find at a high school. Instructors are dedicated and passionate, and really want to help students succeed! Of course, not all teachers are perfect (and their is a fairly high turnover rate of staff), but some of the best teachers are in the AP program. I have had numerous standout instructors who have worked hard to engage students and assist in any way possible.

Very low bullying rate, which is refreshing. Student climate is generally positive, and harmful acts towards others are rare. When they do occur, they are typically physical and not verbal. Everyone leans on one another, and it’s great to see friends supporting friends through the difficulties of high school, whether they be breakups or bad grades.

Appoquinimink High School is an overall great school. There’s a place for everybody, and with its exciting extracurriculars and interesting academic courses, you’ll rarely be bored.
Start Your Review of Appoquinimink High School
The classes offered are amazing and provide wonderful opportunities to students. The way things are run though...not so good. The staff can be very sexist and rude, and admin. Is so slow when helping families.
I have two children that are in this school. They have grown and matured with the help of teachers and staff.
If you live in Middletown Delaware, this school is probably one of the best besides Middletown High. There is a vast amount of good academic classes, as well as some cool classes you can't get anywhere else.
This school tried to provide students with very well-balanced academics in sciences, math, english, and "pathways" such as medical, art, childcare, etc... that students got to pick which peaked their interest.
Appoquinimink High is by and large a shining model of quality public education. Teachers are fantastic, support is widespread, and activities are abundant. This school will prduce leaders and has already produced many Ivy League students and students attending Ivy level schools.
Pretty good. Slight problem with having people follow School rules and having it not addressed. Otherwise great school with good teachers and a good working ethic
I am a sophomore at Appoquinimink High School and I am very involved there.
Appo high school is overall great. There are great teachers there and a few teachers there that cannot teach. However, it is one of the better public schools. I would reccommend this high school to anyone living around the middletown delaware area.
There were times where I do love Appo, but there are times where I don't. It depends on the teacher you get. Some actually really help to improve you while others do not. Choose wisely who you are friends with too. Some people there are full of drama.
Great school with new facilities all around. Has great teachers that know how to challenge gifted students and provide help to those who need it. Athletics is very competitive yet open to many.
The best part about Appo High is the large variety of classes offered. There is something for everyone here and the large selection stretches through AP courses and Dual Enrollment options.
Appo is definitely a good school, we have quite a few really good teachers, and they make sure that we reach our goals, and are successful in class. However, some teachers either can’t teach, don’t know the subject they’re teaching or just give up on trying to get people who don’t care, to pay attention. Which is distracting to the rest of the class, people try to learn and actually care and the other students don’t care and it messes everyone else up because teachers don’t do anything to help or get them to be quiet. Over all, Appo staff and admin are very nice people and you can always ask them for help.
This is a great school with a lot of school spirit. It offers a safe environment for the students which helps them excel in their academics. School sports are very competitive
The more difficult coursework you take, the better the learning enviorment. Sticking to AP and Honors allowed me to learn from dedicated teachers that would show up at 4am or 6pm to help students. All the upper-level coursework provided me with 21 college credits. The behavior and enviorment however, in CP classes were horrendous; often dangerous activities would ensue- teachers refused to care if their students were CP. Though those students can find good role models in clubs and sports. The school has a great sports program where everyone feels like a family. Performing arts at Appo high reguarly earned gold trophies around the eastern sea board. Leaders from our school have the ability to be supported from around the country for their work.
Even though Appoquinimink High School has a diverse amount of different social groups, the students get along very well. It has a light-hearted atmosphere where no one feels unwelcome. There is a sport or club or activity for almost everyone; it brings the social groups together. The majority of the teachers are very fun and hard-working. They challenge the students but not to a point where everyone is overwhelmed. I only wish there were more time in-between classes to stop at lockers.
Start Your Review of Appoquinimink High School
As a senior at HS, the teachers were great, the environment is fun and friendly, however some of the classes do not cover much new material and we aren't very prepped for college. The budget also goes towards unnecessary things like TVs in the cafeteria to show the menu instead of fixing the smart boards in the classrooms.
My son attends Appoquinimink High School and he loves it. I was concerned when he started 9th grade. I didn't what to expect from the school or how my son would receive the environment. When people ask if he likes school. He says he does. He takes his education very seriously. I think there should be more monitoring of students in the hall.
I am a soon to be senior at appoquinimink high. I have enjoyed my time taking part in the music program and performing in musicals. If I could see one thing change at appoquinimink high school it would be teachers being more involved in student lives outside of the classroom.