Appomattox County High School Reviews

Appomattox County High school was one of the worst things that could've ever happened to me. I went from being an honor roll student that hadn't missed any school days since KINDERGARTEN! When I entered this school environment, I immediately noticed the atmosphere of favoritism. Teachers and administrative staff members only cared to help or understand the student that were well known or "popular". I wish I could've had a better high school experience but Appomattox County High school's main focus was on the football team and keeping their winning streak going. That school is a place for only athletes to succeed and prosper, Not the average student.
overall it was a great school. some of the best teachers I've had. however, some teachers do not care about their students in any way & dont even teach. you have to really put yourself out there to have access to GOOD classes (AP, CVCC, etc.) otherwise it's just average classes.
Appomattox County High School follows strict educational standards! The school has AP programs as well as participated with Governors School, STEM academy and the community college! This participation allows students to learn in environments most suitable for that student! The school was great in working with the student and parents in making the decision of which route to pursue. I also appreciate the support given to the student athletes! I went to this school as a child and was prepared for college many years ago, the school has only gotten better since then! I know from my sons experience with Appomattox High School, he is ready for the next step!
Start Your Review of Appomattox County High School
I liked my high school because everyone knows each other, so it's easy to talk to people and make friends. Also, it is easy to find a club or sport to join, even though there isn't a huge variety or abundance of resources for each club or sport.
It was a school that I dreaded going to. I was bullied and no one did anything about it. I did well in school, but I didn’t feel good going there.
I would like to see more security for the school. My sister is coming to this school and I want her to be safe. I think teachers should be more well trained to treat all different kinds of situations.
The teachers are really helpful and try thier best to help thier students succeed. Teaching meathods applied there are ok and seem to work well enough to learn from.
I would like to see the atmosphere change. the students here are very judgmental. the administration is very bad, they have told me in the past that it was okay for a teacher to be rude to students because the teacher was from an inner city school
I am going to miss the teachers at ACHS. They have done a lot for me and without their support, I wouldn't be where I am today. I really liked what I learned and honestly, I'm sad to leave. There are a couple of things I'd change, but other than that, the school is awesome. I hope the rising middle school students will have a positive time like I did. I'm excited to continue my journey, but, I'm sure to make a return visit to the place that built my love for school.
Smaller school with teachers who know you and care about your academic progress. Overall, the school is diverse and most everyone gets along; our football coach really rallied the whole town with his "Power of One" theme for the football team. The school and town were energized with this theme after several tragedies in our community.
I’ve had an amazing time at Appomattox County High over the past four years. All of the teachers work hard to make sure that students get everything they need to graduate. Sports are also a thing that I have enjoyed, all of the coaches are dedicated to helping their players excell.
I would like for there to be more teachers that actually know the material they are teaching I like how diverse all the students are I also love some of the teachers that really care about the students
Appomattox High School is a very strong place. We have been through so much, but we always stay together. This school has given me so many wonderful memories.
I like the overall atmosphere at Appomattox County Public High School, however, the bathrooms are disgusting, the food even more disgusting, and the library leaves something to be desired. There is no place for dual enrollment students to go if they need school resources.
My experience here is okay, nothing special.
Only a couple teachers stand out to me, the rest are just normal.
There are alot of different clubs that people can join, but they aren't promoted that well so alot of people don't realize we have as many clubs as we do.
Start Your Review of Appomattox County High School
My experience her has been pleasing. I have not had any problems with administration of the school system, it is well organized and effecient. This school is unique because it actually feels like a second home and a safe enviroment that I trust to stay in for 8 or more hours. I would choose to come back to this school because my overal experience has been great and I would recommend others to attend as well.
The teachers are for the most part very respectable and are willing to do anything they can to see their students not just pass, but understand and know the teachings. They communicate with majority of the students well and they try to make the teachings easy to understand and relatable to everyday life.
Overall, the school offers a very good atmosphere and although there is not much diversity in the people who are in clubs and organizations, they are offered for involvement. Extracurricular activities including sports are all very involved and tend to all be good programs. The academic environment is okay, but it would be better if more AP courses were offered, however, other options are available to accommodate for this.