Appomattox County High School is a public school located in Appomattox, VA. It has 718 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Appomattox County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B71 Students
- B+69 Students
- A64 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+57 Students
- B44 Students
- B+43 Students
- B42 Students
- B40 Students
- C+37 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Appomattox County High School Reviews
I am going to miss the teachers at ACHS. They have done a lot for me and without their support, I wouldn't be where I am today. I really liked what I learned and honestly, I'm sad to leave. There are a couple of things I'd change, but other than that, the school is awesome. I hope the rising middle school students will have a positive time like I did. I'm excited to continue my journey, but, I'm sure to make a return visit to the place that built my love for school.
Smaller school with teachers who know you and care about your academic progress. Overall, the school is diverse and most everyone gets along; our football coach really rallied the whole town with his "Power of One" theme for the football team. The school and town were energized with this theme after several tragedies in our community.
I’ve had an amazing time at Appomattox County High over the past four years. All of the teachers work hard to make sure that students get everything they need to graduate. Sports are also a thing that I have enjoyed, all of the coaches are dedicated to helping their players excell.