Appomattox County High School is a public school located in Appomattox, VA. It has 718 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Appomattox County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B74 Students
- B+71 Students
- A69 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+58 Students
- B+46 Students
- B44 Students
- B43 Students
- B40 Students
- C+38 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesA-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Appomattox County High School Reviews
Appomattox County High school was one of the worst things that could've ever happened to me. I went from being an honor roll student that hadn't missed any school days since KINDERGARTEN! When I entered this school environment, I immediately noticed the atmosphere of favoritism. Teachers and administrative staff members only cared to help or understand the student that were well known or "popular". I wish I could've had a better high school experience but Appomattox County High school's main focus was on the football team and keeping their winning streak going. That school is a place for only athletes to succeed and prosper, Not the average student.
Appomattox County High School follows strict educational standards! The school has AP programs as well as participated with Governors School, STEM academy and the community college! This participation allows students to learn in environments most suitable for that student! The school was great in working with the student and parents in making the decision of which route to pursue. I also appreciate the support given to the student athletes! I went to this school as a child and was prepared for college many years ago, the school has only gotten better since then! I know from my sons experience with Appomattox High School, he is ready for the next step!
I am going to miss the teachers at ACHS. They have done a lot for me and without their support, I wouldn't be where I am today. I really liked what I learned and honestly, I'm sad to leave. There are a couple of things I'd change, but other than that, the school is awesome. I hope the rising middle school students will have a positive time like I did. I'm excited to continue my journey, but, I'm sure to make a return visit to the place that built my love for school.