Appling County High School is an above average, public school located in Baxley, GA. It has 983 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Appling County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+78 Students
- B-66 Students
- A+53 Students
- B+31 Students
- A-31 Students
- NG31 Students
- B+26 Students
- C-22 Students
- C21 Students
- A+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Appling County High School Reviews
This is m last year at ACHS and I have to say I've enjoyed it. It's a smaller high school, so you pretty much no everybody. I feel like I have a close relationship with the faculty and can come to them with any help I need. Overall, it's a good school, and I'm glad I'm a pirate!
I liked that Appling County High School is a relatively small school, meaning there's a good teach to student ratio. I never felt left out or not involved in my classes. The education in the honors classes is rigorous for the most part and the teachers prepare students well for AP exams. I feel that the culture of the school could be better. Teachers show favoritism for students whose families have a higher economic status. The students break themselves up into cliques but that is common in most high schools. Sports are very emphasized at Appling County High School. Students who make good grades are even awarded with a free pass to school games. Football is the most supported sport at the school while other programs fade into the background. Overall I had an okay experience at Appling County High School. I just wish school funds went more towards educational programs and less to the sports programs.
I am a senior at Appling County High School. I have gone to school in the district for as long as I have been in school, so I have a pretty good take on things. Most of the teachers at the high school are excellent teachers that really care about there students. Since the school is so small, the one-on-one experience with the teachers is incredible. There are a few teachers that are unpleasant and rude, but there are teachers like that at every school. Overall it is a fairly decent school as far as small towns go.