Appalachian High School is a public school located in Oneonta, AL. It has 582 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Appalachian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+98 Students
- B70 Students
- A67 Students
- B-64 Students
- A56 Students
- C+49 Students
- B41 Students
- A38 Students
- B36 Students
- B+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Appalachian High School Reviews
Appalachian is a very small 1A rural school, it is wonderful in the fact that everyone knows everyone and there families, teachers treat the students just like their own children. However I do feel like we sometimes lack the readiness of college sometimes it is doing a wonderful new program of college preparedness. My mom also went to the school as well as her brother. My grandmother taught here until her retirement and my grandfather was a principal. It is all combined kindergaten through 12th grade. All students can participate together in some events and somethings for specific classes. It has given me a well education and I am looking forward to graduating in May and pursing a degree in pharmacy. Appalachain has been good to me and I would recommended it to anyone.
My experience in Appalachian High School is good because the teachers push you to do the best to have a better future. What I like about Appalachian is that since we are a small school we get to be closer with each other. What I wish to change is have a better team for sports, I know this depends on the team but I'v always wanted to have a winning team.
Appalachian High School is a school where everybody knows everybody. It is located in a tight knit community. Academics are not over the top, but the school makes improvement each and every year. You will be put in a position to succeed.