Apopka High School Reviews

My experience at Apopka was alright besides the lack of parents. This school is great and i have nothing against it my problems stem from home.
My school has a very strong culture and high sense of spirit. Recently, there has been a greater focus on praising academics now that we're under new administration. However, there are still very prevalent issues in the way classes are standardized, and many students don't enjoy going to class. Unless you're an AP student, it's less likely that you have a teacher that is skillful and dedicated, because over 2/3 of the teachers are new.
I did not like Apopka High School because its antique facilities. The students are very disrespectful and the teachers are average. The best thing about the school is the sports program.
Start Your Review of Apopka High School
Good school academic wise but lots of fights and people play around too much. Overall it’s alright but it could be doing a lot better.
I would definitely like to see more culture and diversity go out more often and be showed more often
Apopka High allowed me to have a huge advantage at my current college. But it didn't prepare me for my major at all, including the English classes.
The school needs to have better organizational skills when it comes to changing students from classes without having students going up and down a staircase with children falling every which way. The school also needs better college preparation. You go to your guidance counselor and you are quickly rushed to the door with a paper in your hand that means nothing. The school should also improve on sanitation. There is constantly stray trash flying through the wind that has been neglected and left on the ground. The bathrooms only have hand dryers but then we only get 6 minutes in between classes to get to our next class and use the restroom so as not to disturb our teachers during class. I think the whole school just needs to think things through because it is battlefield everyday.
Apopka High School is a great school. Most of the teachers are alright and beautiful campus. There are ups and downs, but its okay. There are barely any clubs though. The resources are barely there. There would be more parent involvement if the school communicates more.
More communication amongst clubs would be helpful for involved students. The food programs are great but the food itself isn't great. More attention needs to be paid to unmotivated students.
I like how Apopka High is diverse. We actually celebrate different cultures, for example, October is when we celebrate out Latinos. The school would decorate each hall with a Latin American country and put up facts on boards about that country. Also there is a lot of opportunities to join clubs and sports. We even had our very first club rush in the beginning of the year. What could improve is the food and the school spirit. Other than that Apopka is pretty cool.
Apopka is a great community school with so many traditions. The faculty members and teachers are always looking out for the students and truly do have everyone's best interests at heart. Apopka is always introducing innovative ideas and exciting programs, academic and extracurricular, to broaden the scope of education available to students.
i would like there to be better food ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I like the spirit about Apopka High. I think the restrictions on rules could change. But overall the school is a very great school to be at.
Many of the AP teachers are dedicated to teaching, the new principal (Arnold) has really put a lot of renovations into the school as well and it helps students a lot.
I liked the unity of the school, especially during pep rallies, athletic games, or even weekly activities we'd occasionally have. One thing I would change is the lunch schedule.
What I like most about Apopka High School is that it provides a lot of different variety of classes for students to take, whether your an upcoming freshman or a brand new junior to the school. Apopka has a lot to offer academically. I enjoy the environment also the teachers how they want the best for us and do all they can to help us succeed which is great, because it keeps us wanting to do more in class instead of waiting around and slacking every so often. In conclusion Apopka is a great school i enjoy being apart of the graduating class, there are a lot of things to do and i love being in certain clubs that they provided for us.
What i like about Apopka High is their school spirit, the dedication that the band and the performing arts clubs put to bring up the school spirit, and also the hard work the teachers to teach us the material that we may learn and be successful in life.
Start Your Review of Apopka High School
The clubs and Activities at this school are great. The magnet program at this school is very good. But the environment could be better.
Apopka high was a good school. There were so many great teachers that made the experience great. There was a lot of activities and clubs to get involved in and the best part was Spirit week.
This school great for trying to get students involved, as there are dozens of clubs, sports, and other activities available. Apopka and other Orange County Schools do a lot for underprivileged children to try and level the playing field for students as they prepare for the real world. The one negative aspect is the frequent changes of teachers and administrators working at the school, as a good portion of the faculty is new every year.