Apopka High School Reviews

I loved going to AHS. My favorite thing was the football games on Fridays. It has great faculty and staff there that you could bond with.
Apopka gives a lot of amazing opportunities to its students! It is great to have the advanced engineering and medical magnets. One thing that can be fixed is the organization and management that the faculty provides.
It wasn't till my Junior year that I saw Apopka for what it was. Apopka inspires kids to learn and grow into what THEY want to be, not what the world or parents want us to be! I didn't really have interactions with teachers when it came to creating that open communication. I found that actually my Administrators and Guidance Counselor were more involved with my life than people I had to see every weekday from 8-3:30pm. The clubs, spirit days, sports activities, and study groups were the places to be because Apopka made it their business to create an enjoyable time no matter what time of day. Apopka is very diverse in itself but no matter what, you will walk down the halls and be surprised to see everyone lollygagging because they know their day has been made. The only thing that I would want to change at Apopka High School is the food! No one liked school food but other than the food I don't have any complaints!
Start Your Review of Apopka High School
Friday's are the best, love how the band and cheerleaders play in the courtyard. I love the atmosphere and school spirit everyone has.
What I like most about Apopka High School are the opportunities it gave me. For example, I was in chorus and band and I was able to make friends my freshmen and sophomore year. I was also able to obtain my associates degree through the dual enrollment program at Valencia College. The classes were okay, the teachers I had were professional most of the time, very kind and approachable. The school offers many extra curricular activities for the students to be involved in. A.H.S is also known for the football who has won state championship 4 times. I actually went to state championship my freshmen with the marching band and it was probably the best memory I have from high school. Speaking of performances, I also performed at Disney's Epcot annual candlelight processional with the darter choir. We were invited as the honor choir for 4 nights and each student was awarded 2 free Disney tickets each time we performed. It was another memorable experience I had at Apopka High School.
I like Apopka because it is largely diverse and there are many different class options for students to apply to. There are also many different clubs, sports and extra curricular activities that students can be in based on their interests. There are many rules that permit students to do certain things, however administrators rarely emphasize them so some issues continue to happen. For example, you're not allowed to use your phone in class, yet many teachers allow students to continue to use them.
Overall i don't think Apopka is different from any high school. It has its pros and cons but overall a pretty decent school. I wish that sports were less of a focus though because it seems other programs like the arts are overlooks because of the deep seeded emphasis on sports at Apopka.
Overall good experience
Had a great counselor very caring. Some of the teachers were not concerned with educating students.
I had a great experience my freshman year. I feel that the classes that I took is getting me ready for the next level of education. The teachers are phenomenal.
Great school, with great school spirit! All staff is always ready and willing to help you out. It's always fun to get involved in extra activities, clubs and sports. Everyone is like family
bad school, teachers never put in grades, foods nasty, sports are average. what we learned in class did not help me succeed on my final exams.
Apopka High School has many opportunities to offer that many others school don't. At Apopka High School you are able to apply for many programs to guide you to the career path you desire to choose, listing from the Engineering and Biomedical Science Magnets to the variety of individual courses that every student has an equal opportunity of taking. One thing that I would like to see change at Apopka High School is the attitude of teachers and their involvement in the lives of students. I would like to see more teachers care about their students welfare, personally and academically. This would allow for a better and brighter path for many students of Apopka High School.
I would like to see the school offer more opportunities for college bound students who are right on the cusp of scoring an acceptable score on the SAT or ACT. They offer reading help for SAT and ACT but do not offer anything for students in the area of math.
The one things I love about my school is that we have very school spirit, whether it has to do with football, baseball, softball, and track we all support each other. The people their really care, if it's about your grades, or your having personal issues, they'll help you and give you good advice if you need it.
I have been going to Apopka for 4 years now and in my 4 years there I have had many good and bad experiences, the staff is not very great at their job, the students are a mixture of good and bad. The teachers are there to make money and not really take the time out a teach the students
i dont like it as a school but i like the teachers they are helpful ,nice,and will try to focus on each student
I like the family here at Apopka High School. Every one is together most of the time and there are positive feelings everywhere. There are plenty of activites from sports games to spirit nights to senior breakfast.
Start Your Review of Apopka High School
Apopka high is a very welcoming place where you’re encouraging to learn and to get involved. Studying there is like being part of a big family. The faculty cares about you and is there if you need them.
Apopka High School is your ideal school if you are looking for a good education. The staff offers many opportunities for you to improve upon various subjects. From Saturday school to clubs, they offer it all (in terms of assistance). AHS also has a vast variety in their extra curricular activities. Every student could find at least one club that seems interesting. Overall, Apopka High School is a great school!
I love the computers and I love some of the teachers.Things they need to get right though is food, safety and the admin. Ya'll needa straighten up.