Apollo High School Reviews

Apollo High School is an amazing learning environment. The staff are estatic about teaching and are passionate at what they do. Even though it is a large school they encourage students to get involved with after school activities and clubs. I would definitely recommend Apollo to anyone looking for a great school to go to. The only problem I had there was the long lines at lunch which limited your time to eat.
Very good school. small which helps compared to other HS. Teachers are great. If you are an athlete they're is a lot of support.
There is a large emphasis on sports and less emphasis on other clubs and activities that are equally important. Most teachers are kind and love their students and their jobs, though there are some that it is obvious that dislike their career choice. The counsellors are not super helpful in applying for colleges or any other needs, however, the grief counsellor is amazing.
Start Your Review of Apollo High School
I felt like I was getting a good education and learning a lot. What I don't like, though, are the strict rules. You can't have your phone out at all during the entire duration of the school day, even at lunch. Also, the office won't allow your parents to bring anything to you, whether it is lunch or your backpack. An unexcused absence results in a 2 hour detention, and four unexcused tardies is a one hour detention. I do like that most teachers will stay after school until 3:30 to help students on any school work, and the library is open before and after school. They also let juniors take the ACT for free, and try to prepare seniors for college.
I loved Apollo High School for its spirit. Teachers encourage students to keep the spirit alive by advising students to support their school teams. Even some of the teachers come to the games themselves to support and to show an example.
Apollo is a very strong school when it comes to Academics. The teachers are always ready to provide help and are always available. However, the environment might seem intimidating to new students.
Apollo High School is a good school. They have a Link Crew program that puts freshman in a group of other freshman and juniors and seniors which help to create the transition to high school easier and have that guidance. If I could see anything change it would be to shift more of the spotlight to other clubs and activities as it seems that sports take center stage and the most support from administration.
All four years have been great. I have been involved in many extra curricular activities on top of all my AP and honors classes. And I feel like I have been adequately prepared for post-secondary education.
I enjoy going to Apollo but I often feel I am being limited by my schedule, time, or money. I also wish they brought back more options for lunch.
Apollo High School, although it appears as though it is very united and a solid community, there are some issues with the administration. During the school walk out, there was a very set plan as to what the students were going to be doing, and it was in no way harming society at all. It was a calm gathering that was simply supposed to be the student body walking the track. However, admin thought it best to leave us in the middle of the field unable to preform this activity as they did not want the new reporters just beyond the gate to film us. Also, when we were performing our moment of silence, they rudely interrupted us as it was"urgent" we return at the precise time we said we were going to. It's upsetting to see that they only care for how the school will be viewed rather than the feeling of safety that resides in its students.
Apollo High School made me realize who I was. It made me realize that I'm not the best, I'm not the smartest, I'm not everything I set myself up to be... BUT that's okay with me. I'm glad I made these realizations in high school. I will never be the best and that's okay. What's not okay is when I don't try my best. As long as I know that i'm putting in the effort, I am learning. Learning the subject and more about myself. What else can I do?
I really like Apollo high school because it teaches correctly in many subjects. Something I would like to see change would be to add more classes to prepare students in their career fields.
The thought of starting high school was very never wreaking. I was just introduced to a homeless shelter and had no idea of what I wanted to do. Dealing with problems with family and myself insecurities faced me that I had no sight of how I wanted to tackle the next 4 years of my life. But once arrived on campus I noticed that it was more than I expected. There is so much diversity, opportunities, and amazing people at Apollo. From students to administrators, to your hands on teachers, everyone is there to help and guide you to your most wanted future desires. It doesn’t matter what your past or what state of mind you’re in. There is always someone there to listen and to be on your side. Being at high school for now 4 years, actually making to my last year has taught me so much. Apollo has absolutely taught me so much that I don’t know about myself. Definitely going to miss this one!
I loved my years at Apollo. I would have to say my Junior year was my favorite of all. Many times I have found myself being influenced in a positive way by students and teachers. I learned quite much in my high school years and have meet some friends I will keep for life.
Apollo is a wonderful school! The students are all so nice! Rarely any drama. Students are accepting of everyone. The teachers are also amazing! Zamar and Biesbrouck are some of my favorite teachers.
I'm a Apollo student and I say its a great school because all the teachers help the students during their time in great necessity.
I absolutely love how when you meet other students, chances are they aren't mean in the slightest. The teachers will help you throughout school and to prepare for college and your future.
Start Your Review of Apollo High School
Teachers show they care about their student's education and it's noticeable that they want the students to succeed. Apollo high is a friendly environment.
Apollo High school has developed me into the person I am today, the education system at this school is outstanding. Overall, its a good learning environment.
Apollo really focuses on helping you find the career you find most intresting to you. they have this place called the career center to help you walk in your calling.