Apollo High School Reviews

Apollo high school transformed into someone I never see myself as back in 8th grade. I was taught leadership,kindness,and responsibilities. Students here are quite fine. It is a safe, fun, challenging learning environment overall.
Although Apollo is a school of 2200 students, it surely does not feel like it. A community is what this school seems to me, due to the fact that it feels like you know everyone and as you walk to class you're seeing people you know smiling to others. There are a variety of ways to get to know others whether it's through classes or clubs. Overall, it's an amazing school.
The school has teachers that care about educating the students and there are a good variety of classes to help students learn about their interests.
Start Your Review of Apollo High School
I have gone to Apollo since freshman year in 2015. Since the very first day of school, I have felt extremely welcomed into the arms of Apollo. The diversity of people is amazing as well as the kind of people we are. The students here are nothing but respectful and kind. This goes for the staff as well, whom will do all they can to help your experience inside and outside of Apollo. Also, the amount encouragement given to the students about going to college is super high. In fact, most of the people I know are indeed going to college. All in all, I am super thankful to have had the high school experience I had here at Apollo High School. I have the utmost pride and respect for my school and I am glad to call it my home.
My experience at Apollo High School has been amazing. I am currently a senior and I am already upset that I will be graduating. Apollo was a very joyful school that helped me make lots of fun memories most of which happened in marching band. I am glad to say that I attended Apollo.
It's great. It has good people and is very welcoming to all walks of life. I've met some of my most trusted friends here. There are a lot of AP classes for any that are interested. It also let's you take calculus a-b and b-c. If you're into all that fun stuff then you will like the school.
It's a really good school with great learning opportunities. It has many clubs and extracurricular activities for everyone. The CTE classes are good and gives kid a chance to look into careers they never thought about. The teachers are really nice and friendly.
Apollo High School during my four years were very much fair and acceptable. A lot of the faculty members were hit or miss; some were very fair and give constructive criticism on your work while others were completely unaware of what they were doing. They do provide the resources beneficial to our learning as well as implementing school rules.

However, Apollo High School, like all schools, really need to reconsider what is deemed "inappropriate clothing". I have had my friends get dress coded for working straps that were as thick as backpack straps (Jansport brand). Meanwhile, some of the falculty had "favorites", meaning students who they liked more and give a free pass.
I owe a great debt to this school than I could even imagine. Teachers really care for their students, so much that they want us to do great in our grades and tests. They have supported our student-led political movements and have prepared students very well for the next step after high school. I would consider replacing one or two teachers who are really just torturing students with homework assignments. But overall, High school life will be 5x better for your child if the Arizona State Legislature would approve the bill for School funding! The Arizona Supreme Court recently removes this initiative from the Ballot so they are basically telling us that they do not support our children’s education. But anyways this school is way above average. School spirit outclasses the other schools in the District. If your child is Asian, white, black, Iranian, Mexican, Gay, straight, or bisexual, the students and staff will support you equally.
Most of the teachers were really good at what they did, they helped students who needed assistance with getting ready for college. The advanced teachers really pushed students to help them meet their full potential when it came to their academics. The staff are nice and the students are decent. It's easy to meet new people there, the students are always keeping the school full of spirit and school events are always fun. The athletic programs are good, the coaches insist that students have good grades before going out to practice or playing in a game, they're always saying "you're a student athlete, meaning you're always going to be a student before an athlete so make sure you're staying on top of your grades". The campus is pretty clean, "pick it up Apollo" was the go-to phrase the staff would use to insist every one was cleaning up after themselves. The art and music programs have amazing teachers, they're great educators and have experience of their own to prove it.
I liked how diverse Apollo was and accepting of everyone. The school's cafeteria recently was remodeled, so it is nice to see them making changes to improve the school. I feel as though there is more of an emphasis on sports and not so much for the arts. However, the school's administration does their best with what they have to make Apollo the best it can be. I truly believe the environment Apollo provides is perfect for the students to academically succeed and prosper. Overall I would rate Apollo High School five stars because of everything the administration and staff do for the students.
A nice campus with teachers and staff that will support you. It is exciting that the cafeteria is getting remodeled.
The teachers and students are what really make Apollo, Apollo. The school doesn't look the best, however; the learning environment is very good. Apollo is a great school and give many opportunities to the students to be ready for college.
Apollo High School is an amazing learning environment. The staff are estatic about teaching and are passionate at what they do. Even though it is a large school they encourage students to get involved with after school activities and clubs. I would definitely recommend Apollo to anyone looking for a great school to go to. The only problem I had there was the long lines at lunch which limited your time to eat.
Very good school. small which helps compared to other HS. Teachers are great. If you are an athlete they're is a lot of support.
There is a large emphasis on sports and less emphasis on other clubs and activities that are equally important. Most teachers are kind and love their students and their jobs, though there are some that it is obvious that dislike their career choice. The counsellors are not super helpful in applying for colleges or any other needs, however, the grief counsellor is amazing.
I felt like I was getting a good education and learning a lot. What I don't like, though, are the strict rules. You can't have your phone out at all during the entire duration of the school day, even at lunch. Also, the office won't allow your parents to bring anything to you, whether it is lunch or your backpack. An unexcused absence results in a 2 hour detention, and four unexcused tardies is a one hour detention. I do like that most teachers will stay after school until 3:30 to help students on any school work, and the library is open before and after school. They also let juniors take the ACT for free, and try to prepare seniors for college.
Start Your Review of Apollo High School
I loved Apollo High School for its spirit. Teachers encourage students to keep the spirit alive by advising students to support their school teams. Even some of the teachers come to the games themselves to support and to show an example.
Apollo is a very strong school when it comes to Academics. The teachers are always ready to provide help and are always available. However, the environment might seem intimidating to new students.
Apollo High School is a good school. They have a Link Crew program that puts freshman in a group of other freshman and juniors and seniors which help to create the transition to high school easier and have that guidance. If I could see anything change it would be to shift more of the spotlight to other clubs and activities as it seems that sports take center stage and the most support from administration.