Apex High School Reviews

Superb! Really nice and safe. Diversity is okay. Facilities are all new and clean even if some bathrooms are not operable. College readiness is slightly worrying because I was taught very little about college and how to prepare for it and how to apply.
I really enjoyed my time at Apex High School. Most of my teachers were great and helped me, but I hate the earlier start time due to the move to Green Level. I am suer grateful to the basketball program for making these 4 years at Apex great
Brand new building and equipment a lot of opportunities . Need more electives options to kids .small population as new school so no juniors and seniors .very good arts and drama program beutiful media rooms.
Start Your Review of Apex High School
Apex High School had a unique character. It was desperately in need of physical renovations, which thankfully it is finally getting, so hopefully future students will not have to deal with such a substantial cockroach problem. I took several AP classes at Apex, and as a second-year university student, I can confidently say that they did not prepare me for college-level learning. Frankly, some of them were a joke that we used as a GPA booster. We were never taught how to write beyond the framework of the "5 Paragraph Essay," which is almost never useful in college. Despite its many flaws, Apex offered enough classes with passionate, kind teachers that I was able to succeed in my first year of university.
My time at Apex High School has been very beneficial. Apex high offers a variety of programs that are not offered other places. I got to be apart of the AOIT program and many other societies, which I believe helped me get accepted into colleges. Every year I was challenged and got to meet new and incredible mentors and teachers. The people were easy to work with and I never ran into any big problems. There were times when I believed my classes really prepared me for college; specifically the AP ones. The administrators are always looking out for our best interest and our dedicated to making us successful in our years after high school. My favorite moments in high school were often by the side of those administrators and teachers. I think Apex does a great job at improving their statistics and campus every year. I'd hope that in the years to come the school remains dedicated to their morals and ideals that make it such a great place to be.
Facility is great, teachers care, but students have a wild way of not caring. All of the staff work very hard to ensure all the students are doing the right things (educationally and behaviorally).
I loved how many traditions Apex had that made it feel like home. From painting the rock, to the seniority that we had take place to help younger students become mature and ready for the rest of the world, to the themes we had every year for all our sports games, and so on. These were incredible opportunities to feel a part of a family here at Apex. Having great teachers in the electives I took and not only just for my core classes made a massive impact on my decisions for my future as well. For example, taking a business class seemed boring at first when my counselor added it to my schedule, but thanks to the awesome learning experience I had from my teacher I now want to major in Marketing! The best part about Apex was that no matter where you were put, there was light at the end of the tunnel and many people to support you in your journey to reach the top.
Apex High School was full of great teachers. There were a variety of classes to take and choose from.
Apex High School gave me an amazing four years that I will never forget. My teachers were always so sweet and the majority of them would do anything to help their students.
It was school. Memories were good or bad. Just like any other school I've been to. Each school might be a little different but they are basically all the same.
I enjoyed the history behind Apex High School, but the teaching staff varied from amazing teachers to also teachers who clearly did not like children or were not effective teachers.
The sense of community at Apex High creates a good environment for teens to grow in whatever their passions might be. Everyone is loved and accepted for whoever they choose to be and whatever they choose to participate in. They encourage you to be creative and make a difference. I can not say enough good things about this school.
Apex High School is a vibrant community of individuals. I enjoyed the blend of personalities within every classroom, as well as how the intense variety of lifestyles were common. The staff is stellar, some teachers take it entirely upon themselves to get invested in you, both academically in personally. While the campus until Fall of 2017 was not exceptional, the Apex High School experience still remains pleasurable.
Apex High School was safe, fun, and populated. It needs to renovations it is receiving. We never won a football championship while I was there, but that doesn't mean the athletic department is sub par. Our women's soccer, lacrosse, and basketball teams were amazing. Our men's basketball team won State championships and made it onto WRAL quite a few times. Our cheerleaders were friendly on and off the courts. The principal, Mr. Wright, was attentive, aware, and around. Sadly, he had been moved to another school, but I've heard nice things about the new principal. There are many clubs on campus and they're very diverse! You will find something you like.
Apex High School made me who I am. I learned so much about myself gained so much resilience because of it. Apex High became a home away from home. I became so close with some of the teachers that I could come to them with school problems and personal problems.
Apex High wasn't a bad school, it was just falling apart. They're lucky to be one of the few schools in the county that still has an orchestra but the orchestra teacher has to constantly fight for that. The principal is fairly new; she's okay but we all miss the old one. You can't be bug shy; there are cockroaches everywhere. Mold is also a big problem. The school overall should get better because they're tearing the whole place down and rebuilding it.
At Apex High School, the teachers put into the students whatever the student is willing to put into the class. If you respect them, they respect you. It's a wonderful school with wonderful staff and amazing teachers. Wouldn't have wanted to go to high school anywhere else.
Start Your Review of Apex High School
The other people giving reviews must be Caucasian. As a person of color I can say the school isn't very diverse. It's mainly Caucasian with a sprinkle of African American, Hispanic, and Asian. If you aren't Caucasian or aren't really good at a sport the staff doesn't really pay attention to you or care whether you do well or not. I am aware it is not their job to but I do believe you should help out students if they need it. Not just give special attention to students who are potentially going to a big university to play football. It's also not right to get myself and another person of color mixed up constantly because the staff can't tell two brown females apart. The guidance counselor was a joke and didn't give any real advice on colleges. She kept pushing the expensive schools and never once brought up the idea of an HBCU or even ask what is was I liked to do. She basically looked at me and decided I should go to UNC or High point university.
Apex High School has what I believe the smartest, most diverse, and strongest student body of all schools in wake county. The wide variety and large campus has presented a almost college like experience through the last 4 years. The teachers also have contributed to my good experience. For the most part our staff is well qualified, energetic, and helpful with only a mediocre percentage of teachers who are the polar opposite. I think that if teachers and admin took the education part more seriously it would rub off on the students giving more drive to do well. Overall Apex is far from perfect but I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.
Apex high has lots of fun and unique opportunities. Form clubs to sports Apex has it all. As well as a variety of academics and cte classes.