Apex High School is a highly rated, public school located in Apex, NC. It has 2,057 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Apex High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+393 Students
- A+290 Students
- A-219 Students
- B+206 Students
- B+202 Students
- B+186 Students
- B-94 Students
- B+86 Students
- A78 Students
- A+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 144 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.69 responses
Apex High School Reviews
I loved my time at Apex High because it helped me figure out who I am as a person. I was taught by the BEST chorus teacher in North Carolina! I also was on the track team and learned a lot about my character. Every teacher and coach that I ever had, truly cared about what they were doing and truly cared about the well being of every single student. Because the school is quite old, I would like to see it be renovated, which is already happening. I also would like to see more diversity in culture and ethnicity among the student body and with the staff and faculty.
This was my first year at Apex and I thought it there was going to more competition to be at the top and stressed about school a lot more than my old school but it’s felt a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The teachers are super nice and are willing to help you through things you struggle with in class and so are the other classmates that are around. In my opinion this school is really good, the opportunity it gives and the support it gives is amazing and I honestly didn’t think I was going to receive that but I was proven wrong. I am really happy that I get the chance to go to this school next year as well!
I loved how many traditions Apex had that made it feel like home. From painting the rock, to the seniority that we had take place to help younger students become mature and ready for the rest of the world, to the themes we had every year for all our sports games, and so on. These were incredible opportunities to feel a part of a family here at Apex. Having great teachers in the electives I took and not only just for my core classes made a massive impact on my decisions for my future as well. For example, taking a business class seemed boring at first when my counselor added it to my schedule, but thanks to the awesome learning experience I had from my teacher I now want to major in Marketing! The best part about Apex was that no matter where you were put, there was light at the end of the tunnel and many people to support you in your journey to reach the top.