Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Apex Friendship High School is a highly rated, public school located in Apex, NC. It has 2,508 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Apex Friendship High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+355 Students
- grade A+320 Students
- grade B+243 Students
- grade A minus226 Students
- grade B180 Students
- grade B+138 Students
- grade A99 Students
- grade A+93 Students
- grade B84 Students
- grade A75 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responses
- Spirit Week28%
- Plays/musicals, clubs22%
- Home football games (go band!)16%
- Pep rallies3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,149 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Apex Friendship High School Reviews
Rating 4.34 out of 5 132 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Apex Friendship was overall a great place to learn. The teachers all seemed like they really enjoyed their jobs, and most make the effort to reach out to their pupils. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the transition to online schooling was actually a little smoother than expected. The only issues I can raise with the school come from the counselors. I personally have not had bad experiences with these staff members, but many people I know have negative stories, and the attention to students mental health definitely needs much improvement. Overall, I would say my experience with this school was quite positive!
Overall, a really good school! From my experience, the teachers are helpful and most are legitimately willing to work with you either during your lunch period or sometimes after school to help you succeed. There are lots of different options for classes, and counsellors are usually willing to work with you to get you electives which benefit your major or to help you figure out what you want to do in the future. Clubs can be a little bit difficult because they take place during your lunch period, but there's usually opportunities to eat in either the first or second half of your lunch period.
What I loved most about Apex Friendship High School was how friendly the teachers were. I got along with all of them fairly well and I had no hesitation asking them for recommendations at the end of my senior year. I also have some of them added on social media to keep in touch with them. The school itself was also very clean and it was way larger than the school I attended in New York. Overall, I liked it a lot more. The only thing I would change about it is the fact that teachers come and go very quickly. Some of my favorite teachers have already left to teach elsewhere or purse another job. It was hard to locate classrooms with all of the switching as well. Otherwise, I loved it!