Apache Junction High School is a public school located in Apache Junction, AZ. It has 1,231 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Apache Junction High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A126 Students
- B+108 Students
- B-83 Students
- A-66 Students
- B+57 Students
- B-44 Students
- B-13 Students
- A+13 Students
- B12 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Apache Junction High School
- C+San Tan Foothills High School
- Coolidge Unified School District, AZ
- 75 reviews
- BQueen Creek High School
- Queen Creek Unified School District, AZ
- 336 reviews
- BMesa Distance Learning Program
- Online School
- Mesa Unified School District, AZ
- 4 reviews
- B+Mesquite High School
- Gilbert Unified School District, AZ
- 515 reviews
Apache Junction High School Reviews
AJ High definietly has an atmosphere unlike any other high school. After attending four years at this high school I've seen many things that speak volumes about this school and it's district. For one it's a lot smaller compared to the neighboring districts/high schools, giving it that small home town feel that AJ has displayed on multiple occasions. Recently many tragedies have occured at the school such as multiple teacher and student passings, but none of that has lowered the school's moral, if anything it increased it. AJ fights for one another and takes care of each other like a family. A family I am proud to be apart of.
Probably the worst thing about the teachers at AJHS is the fact that they don't try to keep assignments in the bounds of what students would be able to do. For example, many teachers grade whether or not students have all the supplies needed for that class by a certain time. If a student tells the teacher that for financial reasons, they won't be able to complete the assignment until a later date, the student is then told something along the lines of,"Find a way around it", or, "Deal with it." This attitude continues throughout the whole of the school year, for all circumstances.
I haven't really learned anything at this school. The only course I took that I feel I got something out of was Culinary Foundations, an Evit course. The students also have horrible attitudes, almost all of them disrespecting the teachers and vandalizing the school. Final note, the rules are strict in the wrong areas. You'll get suspended if you stay in a hospital for 10 school days, but whether or not bad behavior and dress code violations are reported depends upon which teacher likes you. In general, not a good experience.