Antwerp Local High School is a highly rated, public school located in Antwerp, OH. It has 184 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+33 Students
- B-30 Students
- B26 Students
- A-19 Students
- A-18 Students
- B+17 Students
- A17 Students
- B12 Students
- B-8 Students
- C+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Antwerp Local High School
- BLeo Junior/Senior High School
- East Allen County Schools, IN
- 264 reviews
- B+Hicksville High School
- Hicksville Exempted Village School District, OH
- 68 reviews
- B+Fairview High School
- Central Local School District, OH
- 43 reviews
- C+Paulding High School
- Paulding Exempted Village School District, OH
- 114 reviews
Antwerp Local High School Reviews
Takes education seriously. Very kind community and staff. Sports are a big focus but clubs are often overlooked. The amount of students enrolled is small, which has advantages and disadvantages. The community is very involved with the school, which brings everyone closer. The staff is very nice and willing to provide one-on-one attention to those who need help. There is a very limited amount of courses available to students, but the school does offer CCP classes in accordance with Northwest State and also offers a range of AP courses. The staff is very focused on college and career readiness and provide courses that will prepare students greatly for their future whether or not they want to attend college or go into the work force. The school also provides many opportunities that benefit students in the community.
When I graduated a new principal just got the job that year and had many different rules and ideas for how everything should be run. The last year was still a great year for me as a student no matter the changes. The teachers and faculty all really care about the students more than they know. Some teachers get a bad wrap for being terrible and mean, but if you try your best you will find out that they actually are doing it for you as a student. My favorite teacher never had children of his own and lost his father my junior year. He broke down about his father during our class and we had a major heart to heart about why he was so hard on all of us students about grades and making sure that we turn homework in. He just wanted to make sure that we would succeed and try our best. He has and will always be my favorite teacher.
I have had a great time at Antwerp High School. Overall, the entire community is very nice, helpful, and loving. I have found that education comes first at Antwerp and there is an excellent teaching staff to facilitate all of the needs of the students, whether needing a challenge or needing extra help. The entire school is a safe and friendly place for a child to prepare for both college and life. And for those who are interested in the arts, Antwerp has the normal art, band, and choir, as well as things like musicals and a broadcasting class that can meet the interests of most students. I have attended Antwerp my entire life and have never been anything less than proud of what my school was, is, and continues to be.