Antioch High School Reviews

Antioch was an average school. Not all teachers were bad but some were. I loved most of my teachers because they helped me prepare for college. I feel like the food could’ve been better but other than those things everything else was pretty much okay. I also played basketball for Antioch. I enjoyed playing there for the four years that I was there. Altogether, I believe that the school could definitely improve but in general it really isn’t a bad school to go to. I haven’t been there in a couple of months because I’ve graduated but I’m pretty sure things have changed.
At first when I found out that I would be coming to Antioch High School I was honestly sad. I have heard so many bad things about the school that I did not want to even think about attending. However, once I got there my perspective changed completely. The school is honestly like having the whole world in one building. Everyone has a different background and because of that everyone is respectful to one another. Also the teachers are always there to motivate and encourage us to do better in life and to be the best people that we are. Even though our education might be the best, the school provides us with every resource that they can give us with classes such as A.P, I.B. honors, and even partnering up with our local community college in order to get some college credits early.
Antioch high school is a very diverse school. however, they do challenge you and make you give it your best ignorer to succeed. I have enjoyed celebrating my culture, while experiencing others'. I have received all the help I can get in order for me to maintain an excellent 4.0 GPA through out my four years at Antioch high school.
Start Your Review of Antioch High School
A great thing about Antioch is the diversity it has. It truly is a school full of culture and understanding. However, the school has poor academics and college readiness because the teachers are not properly qualified and/or prepared to teach the students. The learning environment in Antioch is terrible and often dangerous.
I go there because it's in our area. The school is really high and there are many students. It will be better if they have enough teachers because some classes don't have any teachers.
The media makes this school look terrible to the public. Yes, there have been bad things that took place at this school, but there are actually great things going on that many are unaware of. There are amazing teachers that will go out of their way to help you if you're willing to do the work. There are clubs that make their members feel right at home and give them as many opportunities to be successful as they can. This school has had plenty of ups and downs long before I got here, but I don't regret spending all four years of high school here.
Aside from the behavior of the students, I'm glad that I went to this high school. Most of the teachers taught well and it was easy to stay on top of work if planned out right. The events were down right memorable and the staff do their best to make you feel safe and welcomed. The other students had problems with things like dress code (SSA), but it didn't bother me all that much and the food was way better on some days than others. By the end of Senior year, I had almost straight A scores.
Antioch was a very important part of life. High school years are the most important part of growth and becoming who you want to be for the rest of your life. Antioch was not by any means the most luxurious place to attend, because we all have had dreams of attending private school and having the best education all around, but most of us aren't afforded those things or can't afford it; but I must say that Antioch was just as great of a place! It's where I learned to be myself. It's where I learned discipline and self respect. Its where I learned what I wanted to get out of life. I just believe if your high school doesn't give you at least the opportunity to dream, learn yourself, learn what kind of people you ant to be around and explore self expression, that those years are wasted. Antioch gave me all those things and more! I could not ask for a better Alma Mater!
Antioch high was a great high school, but it did not prepare me well for college. The restrooms were always nasty, there was never any good food in the cafateria. the school was also overpopulated. there were way to many students and not enough teachers.
Antioch high school is a great school. I can say it is not the best but it wasn't the worst. I had a few good teachers that had taught me a lot. I was in a lot of honor classes so I enjoyed the people I was around.
This was an alright school. It had potential to be better. It was way too strict which caused little things to keep a student from getting there education. Some teachers seemed not to care and there is a lack of programs and opportunities the school has to offer.
I was at Antioch High School for 3 years and it was a really great experience. The best classes that they offer are math classes because of the fact that they have so many great math teachers. One thing that I would like to see change is just adding a couple of more engineering classes.
I love Antioch High School! I've attended this school since I was a freshman and I've seen it evolve over the years. My freshman-sophomore years here were definitely both the hardest years personally and with administration for me. The school had provided amazing counselors in order to help me get through my personal life and helped me to better my situation and myself for then and for my future. As far as administration, they were strict on SSA and had a very low tolerance of the behavior they would accept from the students. Since my freshman year, we've had a switch of principals and our current principal allows us to express ourselves, helps to better understand our behavior, and takes our feelings into consideration. Last month, we had a "walk-out" due to the firing of our football coach and other reasons concerning staff, janitorial services, etc. and since then we've seen change among those reasons.
I love how diverse Antioch High School is. We not only learn in the classrooms but also in the hallways and in interacting with our peers. It enhances our learning experience. However, the school's administration does not celebrate the beauty of diversity as often as they should.
Antioch High School is a good school, even with limitations the school makes efforts to give students their deserved education. Having offered a decent amount of honors, AP, and IB courses gives students an oppertunity to challenge themselves in those rigorous courses. However, the administration needs a lot of change. Many faculty members refuse to work under the poor administration and have either left or considered it.
There is a lot of nice teachers. The administration is not organized. they taking seniors rights away.
Antioch High school initialy presented itself with a wealth of educational values. Evidenced by its abundance of outstanding teachers and staff, as well as the school having the initiative to prepare students for college life and adulthood. However, numerous problems lie beneath the surface of Antioch High School. The school is plagued by a lack of school spirit, and negative attitudes among students and the administration. In fact, the administration most of the time is distracted by district rules for dress code which causes a lack of authority and intimacy with the students. Overall, Antioch high school has many ups and downs, but in the end, I have personally grown from experiencing them.
Start Your Review of Antioch High School
Antioch overall is not as bad as people portray it as. It actually is a good school, the teachers are good, I mean yea there are a few things that make it seem like a bad school, but it really isn't.
Though the school has a bad reputation, it's honestly not that bad. The friends I made there are what I will cherish forever. I like the diversity in the school, you can be friends with all kinds of people and learn about their culture. I think that's a great thing.
antioch high school is one of the worst schools i have ever gone to. students here are not receiving the education they need. there's way too many students in each classroom. the administration and teachers are racist and discriminate against other students. students here often get into fights and are very disruptive. you can barely walk in the halls and get to one side of the school to the other before the bell rings. there's a lot of bullying at this school. teachers and staff only care about dress code and if you are late to class or not. teachers barely ever taught me anything and teachers gave random grades at times. students often do drugs or skip. teachers trates students like trash. just because the majority of the students are disruptive and rude does not mean everyone at this school is. i am glad i left this school. never going back.