Antioch Community High School is a highly rated, public school located in Antioch, IL. It has 1,318 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Antioch Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+90 Students
- A+87 Students
- B-85 Students
- B+68 Students
- B63 Students
- A52 Students
- A-51 Students
- A49 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+39 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Antioch Community High School
- A+Lakes Community High School
- Community High School District No. 117, IL
- 329 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Public School
- Salem, WI
- 158 reviews
- BRichmond-Burton High School
- Public School
- Richmond, IL
- 168 reviews
- BUnion Grove High School
- Public School
- Union Grove, WI
- 116 reviews
Antioch Community High School Reviews
I like Antioch community high school for its wide range curriculum planning and amount of resources provided through the school. Teachers are very cooperative to creating new lessons that further students different learning strategies. Course material has been known to compile itself together at times which may cause difficulty but the advantage is different subjects will flow into each other to create greater understanding. Teachers learn from students on how to efficiently teach subjects, teachers may be lenient at times with student discipline however which may hinder the learning environment of other students.
Overall, I feel ACHS is a pretty nice school. The facility itself is fairly decent, and the staff/administration is incredible. In some aspect, it feels almost like a large family of people; a community, if you will. What I feel makes Antioch Community High School stand apart from other places is the level of student involvement in the building. From clubs and activities, to pep rallies, to student cabinet, everyone has a chance to have their voice be heard. The principle, Dr. Bradford Hubbard, is an outstanding individual who takes precious time out of his busy schedule to meet/meet with students and/or staff on a regular basis. His doing so has allowed for a great level of trust to develop between himself and colleagues, as well as the aformentioned students.
I believe one of my favorite part about ACHS is how much they encourage their students to get involved in some type of after school activity. I mean, they have so many clubs and sports that there has to be something for everyone. Especially for me, I became a football manager for our varsity football team and it was such an amazing experience. We have such an amazing sports program and all of the coaches and students are very determined and understanding of everyone. I've been managing the team for 2 years, and those 2 years have been some of the most exciting times of my high school experience. Also, all of the teachers I have had and currently have are all amazing teachers who are very understanding and enthusiastic about their work. Overall, I believe ACHS is an amazing place for everyone to learn and to interact with others to make our community a better place.