Antigo High School Reviews

There are a few safety hazards at the High School, such as not salting the walk ways (which can result in a law suit), and for days there was a ladder up during the school day (also can result in a law suit, if a student were to trip on it). I believe this High School isn't one of the best ones out there. There is a lot of cutting in the lunch lines, and the teachers don't do anything about it. The cafeteria food is overpriced (around 2.50 for a regular meal per day).
Almost all of my classes were too easy. I didn't feel challenged enough by my teachers, my peers didn't encourage me to work hard to receive more academic achievements, and didn't feel prepared enough for college.
Some of the teachers stay consecutively after school to assist teachers, while others are gone five minutes after the bell rings.
Start Your Review of Antigo High School
AHS, like the rest of the district, is trying to do its best with frustratingly little resources. They realize that they're located in a dying, rural town that is spiraling into the hands of poverty and drug cartels, as much as they try to act like everything is peachy. The school, as a collective whole, can be single-minded, has the diversity of a stale cheesecake, and is overall painfully average, unremarkable. Where the school really shines is its faculty - its teachers, janitors, what have you. A group of intelligent, like-minded individuals who are just trying to give the best education they can about subjects they're truly passionate about, trying their best to prepare students for an uncertain and crumbling future.
Wouldn't want to go back.
We have many sports teams that don't cut people so everyone gets to play.
This school is small so its not the best to grow up in. People arnt very nice so when you lose your friends its hard to just jump into another group.
The teachers at my school really try to help the students. If you are struggling they will make time for you to come in and understand the material better.
While this school may not be very big, it gives you a sense of togetherness with your fellow students. You get to know your teachers and are able to feel comfertabke in your classes.
Not a very diverse school, but the students are very involved. Would be nice if the school was more diverse as going into a more diverse college is a big change that some may have a difficult time with.
Not once have I honestly felt that there was a safety risk at the school. All of the staff are well prepared for many situations and the school itself is secure.
Pretty decent food. It would have been better, in my opinion, if it had a little more variety along with having more available to get per meal.
I had a great time making friends and participating in marching band and soccer. I was able to meet people through a variety of activities, that are still my friends today. Overall a great experience but I wish that it would have prepped me more for college. It may not have taken me very long to adjust, but I would rather have had some more help going into college.
At the high school I didn't really see much of bullying, but an occasional issue would rise. Something such as a fight or any hint of drugs or alcohol in the school would be taken care of by the faculty, the school officer, or the principle right away.
After graduating high school, I did not feel prepared for college. I felt that high school really did not prepare me for the requirements of college courses. A few teachers did work well into giving us real life issues in class and teaching us how to solve them and give us more insight into college.
Soccer was a big part of my last 2 years in high school, and it was a little upsetting to see how little of support we would get financially through the school and how much support we get from both the school and the community.
I have had a few teachers that were a great help in the preparation for college and for leaving high school. Other's seemed to have just wanted to pass the students on and didn't seem to go much on really preparing the students.
Start Your Review of Antigo High School
There are very many to choose from, with a great variety, with what I have noticed the amount of clubs are also expanding. Due to budget cuts I have been notified that the band programs have a possibility to get cut, which will be a terrible thing to happen, to not allow students this great opportunity for an artistic output.
the music program is fun
some days the food is really greasy and gross