Antelope Union High School is a public school located in Wellton, AZ. It has 240 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-63 Students
- A52 Students
- B+51 Students
- A-50 Students
- B+39 Students
- B16 Students
- B12 Students
- B12 Students
- C+9 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Antelope Union High School Reviews
As a high school student attending any high school regardless where be it , there will be both likes and dislikes. Here at Antelope Union High School there are many opinions shared. For instance what I like about it is how it is small , the classrooms aren't as full and big so the teachers can focus more on students individual needs and we can feel like we are being heard. Another thing I enjoy is how everyone knows everyone, not much bullying goes around here and we get by. Although if I might say, not much learning happens all the time here. Students do not really care about there grades or future and no ones is really doing anything about it either. Our education system has changed, and not for the better. I also feel like we should have more clubs and activities to get the students going. This high school might not be ther best but it certainly isn't the worst.
Antelope is a very small school where everyone knows everyone. Our clubs are like families; everyone gets along and the teachers are friends with the students. I believe it's easier to learn when there are such small classes because the teachers aim to help everyone. Our sports programs are fun and competitive; a majority of the school is involved in our sports. Student Council brings a lot of school spirit to everyone and helps everyone get involved. It's been a great experience attending Antelope Union High School.
Some teachers in this school are really engaged in their students. Some teachers really care to know if their students learned anything. The teaching in this school is average. Most students in this school don't learn a lot because the teaching skills in this school are to difficult to understand. And the teachers don't do anything to try to rephrase it to them so they understand.Some of the teaching techniques don't work for all students, and teachers here need to understand that and help them in a different way.