Antelope Union High School is a public school located in Wellton, AZ. It has 231 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Antelope Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+89 Students
- B73 Students
- A73 Students
- A72 Students
- B66 Students
- B+23 Students
- B-20 Students
- C+20 Students
- A17 Students
- C+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Antelope Union High School Reviews
Since Antelope is a really small high school, you get to know most of the students there, you also get the chance to get involved in school activities such as clubs, sports, and other school events. Also, during the time I was there, I noticed that there was not any kind of bullying there, everybody was friends with everybody, it was like a big family. What I like the most during school events is the spirit week, they do this at least twice a year. I like the fact that every day there is a different concept. When it comes to classes, the teachers try to get you involved in a very single way to the class conversation, trust me you will end up talking for at least 10 minutes.
I think Anetlope is a pretty good school in over all. The things I would change would be; try to get the students more involved, have more club that the students would like. I think maybe the teachers should be a little more involved with the students. The councilors could possibly helps the students that are not in the college preparatory class.
The last four years that i have spent at this school had been a blast. I love how everyone knows everyone and that we are all so close. However the overall college readiness that the school attempts to apply doesn't really work. Some of the teachers are overbearing and choose to do the most important work on days that most of the class is gone on school events.