Ansonia High School Reviews

Ansonia High School is a great school that continues to push their students to excel at everything they wish to do. It's surrounded by a tight knit community that always has support for the students in academics and activities. The teachers are always very kind and welcoming. They're willing to help with anything they can.
I like the small community feel of Ansonia High School. I would like to see more student activities and involvement.
Great faculty, although the curriculum needs to improve in order to keep up with other schools. AP classes would be a great addition to keep the students at the school instead of taking classes elsewhere.
Start Your Review of Ansonia High School
We have a wide range of activity types but are still somewhat limited due to being a small school.
Small class sizes allow teachers more time to help individual students.
The teachers have different teaching styles based upon what will be the most effective for their lessons.
Detentions were given for taking a drink of water in the gym and parking in the far back row across an orange painted line. Although beyond that the teachers can be very understanding and you know almost everyone because its small.
There are a few flaws but we have great teachers who really impact our lives and push us to strive for our dreams
I like some of the school's food, but sometimes it isn't the best tasting.
Most students interact with each other, and they hang out during school activities.
Most teachers are there when we need help,and supervise us.
Our school has a high level of spirit. Even if someone is not in sports, they have spirit.
I personally haven't had a problem with this school.
The school's administration is their to guide us students.
Our school is healthy and safe.
Counciler tries to help as much as possible
Few teachers reach out to new students.
Start Your Review of Ansonia High School
I came here my Junior year of HS and nobody accepts me.
There are not that many class options. Not many extra classes to take after you take the basics.
Although there are no security guards on the grounds, the local police station is three blocks away and can be at our aid in no time. The doors are locked throughout certain times of the day, and visitors must sign in at the office. Cameras record every second of the day and cover every inch of the halls. We have consistent lock down drills in case of an emergency, and teachers are trained on what to do in an emergency.
The school nurse is very educated at her job, and has created a health and fitness program for elementary students. High school students must take a health class in order to graduate, and hand sanitation stations are placed periodically throughout the school.
Overall, I feel very safe in this school; the faculty works hard to make sure its safe for everyone.