Ansonia High School is an above average, public school located in Ansonia, CT. It has 584 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Ansonia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-84 Students
- A-70 Students
- B-55 Students
- B+43 Students
- B-34 Students
- B-33 Students
- A-29 Students
- C+24 Students
- B-22 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Ansonia High School Reviews
Ansonia High School, located in a small town in Connecticut named Ansonia, has many opportunities to offer students. Ansonia High does a great job of encouraging a successful transition by having a "Freshmen Academy". This two week program gives the newbies a chance to tour the school and start their academics without any distractions. In the beginning of sophomore year, students are able to take Advanced Placement (AP) classes. This is a great way to prepare students for college-level courses they will experience in the future. In addition to the great courses offered here, the spirit of the student body is very strong. A staple of the town of Ansonia is their football team, which currently own twenty championships. Overall, Ansonia High School lacks in the area of diverse activities offered to students, however their academic load and college readiness succeeds tremendously.
In 2012, I moved from Lowell Massachusetts to Ansonia Connecticut. My freshmen year I made friends very quickly. I talked to people and soon got invited to a football game; something Ansonia is known for. The pride this town has is truly one of a kind. Not only in football but just the town itself. However, one of my favorite experiences was back in freshmen year. It was a freshmen baseball game and I thought I'd support the boys in my class. it was the last inning and we were down by 12, my friends left and I was with the parents because I wanted to stay for the whole game. We ended up winning and I celebrated with the parents and the boys! The parents are extremely involved, between planning events, raising money, and supporting the students at their sports and academic events. If I could do it all over, I would. I have had some of the best experiences and memories at this school and in this town. I have also made true relationships that I am so thankful for.
From sports to clubs, Ansonia High School provides possible activities for every student. Some clubs include Debate, Beauty, Student Ambassador, Spanish, Art, Hiking and Bicycling, DECA and more. Most of these clubs are organized by dedicated faculty at AHS so club meetings are consistent. Many of these clubs take place after school. The sports at Ansonia High School like soccer, basketball and baseball are very popular, especially football. The clubs and sports at AHS are great because they bring our school and community together!