Anson High School Reviews

There's not that much that i've liked through my 3 years at Anson high school. I feel like they could be doing way better academically if they were to hire some better teachers that actually care about their students. I feel like the schools athletics are worst than most other schools that its around , but thats not anything the administration can control. As for the administration, they get their jobs done and they do an ok job at it. I feel like one of the administrators does their best to make things right. This is my story about how i see Anson high school.
Some of the teachers really push you to do your best and they care about you.
More classes to prepare students for college.
I had a great experience with Anson High School academically. The best thing there was at Anson High was a program called YCC (Youth Career Connect) which had STEM college classes. In that program, it gave the students more opportunities than the regular High School students. The program took us on trips to company’s and colleges that were based on our career pathway. For example, I was in the IT (Information Technology) pathway and they took us on a trip to a company called Columbus Mechanic to show us what they do and gave us an opportunity after school to work there. In addition, they gave us an internship for our career pathways. The thing I would change for Anson High is to continue the program, because this year was their last year doing that program.
Start Your Review of Anson High School
Its alright, i would like to improve the teacher's teaching performance but other than that everything is alright.
I basically had no say in what high school I could go to so I was basically forced to attend this school it's not a bad school, it could use renovation.
I LOVE THE ATMOSPHERE OF BEING A SENOIR ON CAMPUS. THIS IS A VERY OLD SCHOOL MY GRANDPARENTS ATTENDED CLASSES IN THESE SAME BUIDINGS. I ALWAYS LOVE TO ATTEND ALL SPORTING EVENTS JUST TO SHOW THAT WONDERFUL BEARCAT PRIDE. THE LOCATION IS ABOUT THE BEST THAT I KNOW OF AND PARKING SPACES ON CAMPUS IS GOOD WITH PLENTY OPTIONS. OVERALL I AM TRUELY GONNA MISS THIS SCHOOL AND WILL OFTEN COME BACK HOME JUST TO SEE IF ANY CHANGESHAVE BEN MADE.
Well loved atmosphere and diverse . Great little country school. Teachers are great and the ratio is not bad. YCC program is great for me. Sports are on the rise and academics are climbing again.
Anson high school is an average high school compared to other high schools in the surrounding areas, such as Piedmont high school, Sun Valley High, and Porter Ridge. The resources are limited inside the school and for some students it is quite hard to receive resources for college readiness. Also, some teachers were not preparing me for college and before I knew, it was time to apply for colleges and take the SAT. But, there were some pros of attending Anson High school such gaining social skills by interacting with many students. I am also in Youth Career Connect (YCC), where we worked within our career pathways to gain work experience while in high school.There were four career pathways to choose from; Computer IT, Engineering, Biomedical and Advanced Manufacturing. While in YCC, I toured many colleges, worked hands on, and tour many companies in the area and I find that was the best parts of my high school experience.
I think my school is a great school considering we are in a small town and have limited funds. My high school gave me the opportunity to work with machines that a lot of other high schools, even colleges don't have. I would change the help that the school counselor have provided for me and others. I wished that she could had given us more information before the beginning of our senior year.
My name is Mecca Ratliff. I was in JROTC for 2 years. they had different teams to join. I had joined the Rifle team. But one thing I like about Anson High School is that we get to pick what clubs we want to be in. we can add anything to our course schedule they want to take as the school year goes on.
The different activities are the girl basketball an the boy basketball but we a jv team and a varsity team the same with football , soccer , and baseball.
The teachers in Anson High School are okay some have their bad days and some have their good days, they give us a lot of work but only to get us ready for the work these colleges are gonna give us.
There are many extracurricular activities at this school. There is a rotary club, which students join to help boost their community service hours, the art club, which students join because they have an interest in art, the SGA club which stands for student government association, and many more.
I love this school because there are a variety of clubs for students to join into. These clubs gets students to be more involved in their community. Each club gathers students who have the same hobby or interest together so they can share and express their qualities with each other.
The teachers at my school are great they used variety of teaching styles to help students understand different lessons. They help students who are struggling and needs 1 on 1 assistances. They support students with their future education and help them with their majoring interests.
Our health and safety at Anson High School is good. We have a nurse and a physical trainer. We also have a officer with a weapon if things get out of hand. We practice the lock downs and etc.
We have a nice selection of the different types of clubs or organizations at Anson High School. We have Drama Club, Art Honors, JRPTC, and etc.
Start Your Review of Anson High School
I love my school as a whole it's not just the teachers the students and my friends. My parents support me and tell me how important school is and there is no other school I would feel comfortable in like this one. Anson High School is home to me and it is where my heart is.
The teachers at Anson High School as a group ar okay. We have some teachers that try to hard and get no where. We have some teacher that don't care very much. We have some teacher that are perfect they dont try to hard and they don't care enough. Some of our teachers are to kind hearted, some kids need that other run over the teachers like that. If we had to grade all the teachers as a whole I would give them a high C or a low B.
I played soccer all throughout my high-school career, other than this year which I chose to do track and field. My two years at Anson high school were good when it came to soccer and Art. Art was my favorite class, she had us learn about different artist and took us on field trips. Mrs. Sikes was one of the best teacher I have ever had. Soccer was a way to get my every day frustrations out in a productive way. I thoroughly enjoyed each aspect of both experiences. I can not speak for the other clubs and associates considering I personally was not apart of them.