Anson High School is a public school located in Wadesboro, NC. It has 620 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Anson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+77 Students
- B-62 Students
- B-58 Students
- B+49 Students
- B+48 Students
- B48 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-39 Students
- B+35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Anson High School Reviews
Anson high school is an average high school compared to other high schools in the surrounding areas, such as Piedmont high school, Sun Valley High, and Porter Ridge. The resources are limited inside the school and for some students it is quite hard to receive resources for college readiness. Also, some teachers were not preparing me for college and before I knew, it was time to apply for colleges and take the SAT. But, there were some pros of attending Anson High school such gaining social skills by interacting with many students. I am also in Youth Career Connect (YCC), where we worked within our career pathways to gain work experience while in high school.There were four career pathways to choose from; Computer IT, Engineering, Biomedical and Advanced Manufacturing. While in YCC, I toured many colleges, worked hands on, and tour many companies in the area and I find that was the best parts of my high school experience.
I had a great experience with Anson High School academically. The best thing there was at Anson High was a program called YCC (Youth Career Connect) which had STEM college classes. In that program, it gave the students more opportunities than the regular High School students. The program took us on trips to company’s and colleges that were based on our career pathway. For example, I was in the IT (Information Technology) pathway and they took us on a trip to a company called Columbus Mechanic to show us what they do and gave us an opportunity after school to work there. In addition, they gave us an internship for our career pathways. The thing I would change for Anson High is to continue the program, because this year was their last year doing that program.
I think my school is a great school considering we are in a small town and have limited funds. My high school gave me the opportunity to work with machines that a lot of other high schools, even colleges don't have. I would change the help that the school counselor have provided for me and others. I wished that she could had given us more information before the beginning of our senior year.