Anson High School is a public school located in Wadesboro, NC. It has 633 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 7.5% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Anson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+75 Students
- B-54 Students
- B-51 Students
- A+45 Students
- B+44 Students
- B+44 Students
- B44 Students
- A+41 Students
- B-31 Students
- B+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Anson High School Reviews
I think my school is a great school considering we are in a small town and have limited funds. My high school gave me the opportunity to work with machines that a lot of other high schools, even colleges don't have. I would change the help that the school counselor have provided for me and others. I wished that she could had given us more information before the beginning of our senior year.
I played soccer all throughout my high-school career, other than this year which I chose to do track and field. My two years at Anson high school were good when it came to soccer and Art. Art was my favorite class, she had us learn about different artist and took us on field trips. Mrs. Sikes was one of the best teacher I have ever had. Soccer was a way to get my every day frustrations out in a productive way. I thoroughly enjoyed each aspect of both experiences. I can not speak for the other clubs and associates considering I personally was not apart of them.
There are many extracurricular activities at this school. There is a rotary club, which students join to help boost their community service hours, the art club, which students join because they have an interest in art, the SGA club which stands for student government association, and many more.