Anoka High School Reviews

We are thrilled with our experience at Anoka High School. Our student is getting everything he needs to be successful. School spirit is everywhere -- students wear "Anoka" gear every day, and are super active in clubs and sports. Super happy we transferred.
I really enjoyed my time at Anoka High School. The faculty and staff really cared for the students and wanted to see us succeed. The school spirit is also second to none, everyone gets involved at events to make for an outstanding environment to be apart of. They offered a wide range of elective classes to satisfy their students. Its thanks to the business courses and clubs and Anoka that I am pursuing a degree in Accounting. We truly are the Anoka Family.
Everyone accepts everyone. We have an Anoka family. If one person is having trouble there is always someone there to help you out when you need it. The teachers are nice and friendly.
Start Your Review of Anoka High School
We have a saying at this school, "we are the Anoka Family." I think that is very unique mindset for high schools. Everyone in this school from students to staff is always looking to help each other out. In addition we also have a school run food shelf that allows underprivileged students get necessities.
Anoka High School has been an amazing experience! Last week I was at EMASC, Eastern Minnesota Associations of Student Council, and I had the chance to connect with other students and their high school experiences. A lot of the school had never had the chance to really experience diversity within their schools and said that they had never had to think about the differences that we experience at our school. It was amazing to have the chance to explain some of the culture and diversity of our school and see how it affects everyone from students to staff.
While at Anoka High School, my experience was fairly average. I really liked the teachers I had and was a fan of the majority of the classes that I took. However, after sophomore year it became difficult to find classes that I was actually interested in, and that seemed to be the case for a lot of the people that I talked to. As for sports, they were okay, but some of the coaching staff was questionable.
Anoka High School is a great place to prepare for whatever road lies ahead of you. The teachers are really smart, the students are very diverse and the overall environment is packed with energy and excitement when it comes to sports and other events.
The school appearance is not welcoming, but most staff are very nice and helpful. There are many options for classes to take, and many advanced classes as well.
At Anoka I wasn't very involved at first but there was always teachers and counselors who encouraged us to get involved. I loved how they encouraged us to step out of comfort zone and try new things. I ended up joining cheer and theatre because of this (I know weird combo). It was one of the best decisions I made. I made a lot friends in those programs and stepped out of my box. This helped my coping with high school a lot. For the future I hope to see more diversity and seeing them get out of their comfort zone and their comfort groups. It would be great to see everyone involved in one way or another. I think there should be more college ready classes and more classes about dealing with things in the future, like balancing a checkbook or how to run a household or something. I just know that the futures in great hands either way.
I know we are going to remodel the school over the summer! I like the school now but I'm excited to see the cool new changes! I love this school so much, I am involved in so many things that I get to see most if not all this school has to offer!
I loves that Anoka was very welcoming. There is a wide variety of diversity which allows for me to learn more about different cultures. The main issue I have with the school is that some of the teachers seem as though they are just there for a paycheck. Only a few teachers though. For the most part the teachers are great and I love the school.
The Anoka Family truly is alive here! I enjoyed going to football games, learning more about various things, and gaining some lifelong friends!
It was a great school to attend for the arts. It also had amazing gym classes and incredibly helpful teachers as well. Not only would the teachers help you after school, they also have a great team of people who will help you enroll for scholarships and colleges.
Anoka family is a real thing, and I am so happy to have been able to graduate from here. The teachers genuinely care about the students and they want you to succeed. They are bettering the future generations.
I really do believe this is an amazing school. I've had incredible teachers and there truly is a place for everyone. Anoka family is the real deal. My biggest complaint is the building that we attend school / how funds are distributed. Our school is falling apart and we have no where close to the amount of space we need for the number of people we have. There's a section of our classrooms where in the winter the temperature gets down to 61 F. The music department, who does a ton of events within the high school and the community has terrible classroom space and doesn't get the funding that our sport teams seem to get each year. This also is an issue since out middle school is an arts based school. But, what "music kid" doesn't want to see the community she loves get the attention it deserves. Aside from the issues of the dollar, the community within the school is a place I love to call home.
I got my small clique of friends that I love dearly and a few excellent teachers, not as much information stuck in my brain as I'd have liked.
I love Anoka High School, I was very involved and the principal talks about the "Anoka Family" and I truly felt it. Everyone is so nice and wanting to help others. They push us to our best and prepare us for college starting in 9th grade.
Start Your Review of Anoka High School
The teachers are friendly, and they try their hardest to help students succeed. There are many resources for struggling students. The students there are kind and will try to make everyone feel welcomed.
I really likes how all the teachers and staffed worked together to make the school have the anoka family. For the most part everyone got along. I believe there could be more done to increase acceptance of diversity.
I like the "Anoka Family" motto that the staff promote. The staff and students try to make the school one huge family, we promote kindness and generosity toward each other. The school pushes to make everyone feel important when they are there.