Anoka High School Reviews

Anoka High School offered me rich opportunities to explore my interests and talents. I was an active member in 6 clubs during my senior year, and each them helped me develop leadership skills, and helped me make new friends that I still have in college. Like every school in this massive school district, funding can always be an issue, but the students rarely feel the impact of it. The "shtick" of the school is that we are the Anoka Family. Those words are 100% true. Teachers and staff are invested in the success of students outside of the classroom as much as inside of it, and the culture of the classrooms inspire students to lift one another up during our short time together. I consider myself lucky to have attended this school that equipped me with the real world skills I need to pursue my passions.
The Anoka Family is a real thing, everyone is so supportive, kind and involved. I hav enjoyed being part of it for 4 whole years. Anoka is seeing some changes to it’s grounds next year and I’m excited to see where that takes the students.
People are nice and welcoming. They accept everyone who enters. At the Anoka we consider ourselves a Family and help people when they need it and make everyone welcome. We show tons of spirit and pride.
Start Your Review of Anoka High School
I would like more diversity in Anoka and more acceptance but i dont think that will happen within my time spent there.
Anoka High is a great school for those looking for quality education. With many options for classes, ranging from an AP ceramics class to Outdoor Adventures, there is opportunities for everyone to find and do what they love.
I loved the school for the people and the activities. I spent a lot of time getting to know students and teachers. I have fantastic relationships with some teachers, and barely a relationship with others. I have found a lot of friends and people who think like me. I also found security in activities like choir and speech, which were the highlights of my high school career.
However, I think the school's administration is a little horrific to say the least. Some of the counselor's have no place being counselors and the way the administration handles situations regarding students of color is horrendous. Someone almost got kicked out of a show of culture all because a white girl made false claims about feeling threatened by this girl. This seems to be the biggest flaw and one of the few flaws of the school, along with having hired teachers who treat students disrespectfully and leaves the students they are teaching to be confused and upset about their experience in that class.
It is nothing too great. The teachers are mostly not that great some of them are good. Academically, the teachers are not there to teach they are there to just get money.
We are thrilled with our experience at Anoka High School. Our student is getting everything he needs to be successful. School spirit is everywhere -- students wear "Anoka" gear every day, and are super active in clubs and sports. Super happy we transferred.
I really enjoyed my time at Anoka High School. The faculty and staff really cared for the students and wanted to see us succeed. The school spirit is also second to none, everyone gets involved at events to make for an outstanding environment to be apart of. They offered a wide range of elective classes to satisfy their students. Its thanks to the business courses and clubs and Anoka that I am pursuing a degree in Accounting. We truly are the Anoka Family.
Everyone accepts everyone. We have an Anoka family. If one person is having trouble there is always someone there to help you out when you need it. The teachers are nice and friendly.
We have a saying at this school, "we are the Anoka Family." I think that is very unique mindset for high schools. Everyone in this school from students to staff is always looking to help each other out. In addition we also have a school run food shelf that allows underprivileged students get necessities.
Anoka High School has been an amazing experience! Last week I was at EMASC, Eastern Minnesota Associations of Student Council, and I had the chance to connect with other students and their high school experiences. A lot of the school had never had the chance to really experience diversity within their schools and said that they had never had to think about the differences that we experience at our school. It was amazing to have the chance to explain some of the culture and diversity of our school and see how it affects everyone from students to staff.
While at Anoka High School, my experience was fairly average. I really liked the teachers I had and was a fan of the majority of the classes that I took. However, after sophomore year it became difficult to find classes that I was actually interested in, and that seemed to be the case for a lot of the people that I talked to. As for sports, they were okay, but some of the coaching staff was questionable.
Anoka High School is a great place to prepare for whatever road lies ahead of you. The teachers are really smart, the students are very diverse and the overall environment is packed with energy and excitement when it comes to sports and other events.
The school appearance is not welcoming, but most staff are very nice and helpful. There are many options for classes to take, and many advanced classes as well.
At Anoka I wasn't very involved at first but there was always teachers and counselors who encouraged us to get involved. I loved how they encouraged us to step out of comfort zone and try new things. I ended up joining cheer and theatre because of this (I know weird combo). It was one of the best decisions I made. I made a lot friends in those programs and stepped out of my box. This helped my coping with high school a lot. For the future I hope to see more diversity and seeing them get out of their comfort zone and their comfort groups. It would be great to see everyone involved in one way or another. I think there should be more college ready classes and more classes about dealing with things in the future, like balancing a checkbook or how to run a household or something. I just know that the futures in great hands either way.
I know we are going to remodel the school over the summer! I like the school now but I'm excited to see the cool new changes! I love this school so much, I am involved in so many things that I get to see most if not all this school has to offer!
Start Your Review of Anoka High School
I loves that Anoka was very welcoming. There is a wide variety of diversity which allows for me to learn more about different cultures. The main issue I have with the school is that some of the teachers seem as though they are just there for a paycheck. Only a few teachers though. For the most part the teachers are great and I love the school.
The Anoka Family truly is alive here! I enjoyed going to football games, learning more about various things, and gaining some lifelong friends!
It was a great school to attend for the arts. It also had amazing gym classes and incredibly helpful teachers as well. Not only would the teachers help you after school, they also have a great team of people who will help you enroll for scholarships and colleges.