Annville-Cleona Secondary School
- ANNVILLE, PA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Annville-Cleona Secondary School is an above average, public school located in ANNVILLE, PA. It has 479 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Annville-Cleona Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+54 Students
- grade B36 Students
- grade B30 Students
- grade B28 Students
- grade B25 Students
- grade A minus22 Students
- grade C+20 Students
- grade A20 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade A minus15 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Annville-Cleona Secondary School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responses
- Mini THON23%
- Football games13%
- Band and chorus8%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,601 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like Annville-Cleona Secondary School
- grade B+Manheim Central Senior High School
- Manheim Central School District, PA
- Rating 3.34 out of 5 173 reviews
- grade B+Palmyra Area Senior High School
- Palmyra Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 157 reviews
- grade B minusEastern Lebanon County Senior High School
- Eastern Lebanon County School District, PA
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 123 reviews
- grade BElizabethtown Area Senior High School
- Elizabethtown Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 136 reviews
Annville-Cleona Secondary School Reviews
Rating 3.45 out of 5 85 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Annville-Cleona Secondary School is a great place to go to school. The size of the school is less than most high schools, and it is a great community. The location is great, being near Hershey and Harrisburg. The teachers and students are all very good and there are a lot of choices for classes. There are a lot less choices in the first two years of school however, and a limited number of AP courses as well. There is however a CHS (College in the High School) program that offers students college credits while attending class at Annville-Cleona.
I moved to Annville-Cleona from another school and can say that Annville-Cleona is an excellent school. I do find that this school has access to very new facilities and has excellent teachers and coaches. The one concern that I do have is that the school is lacking in some areas of technology and STEAM activites, but is make some efforts to catchup to other schools.
Annville did not prepare me for college. With the exception of Mr. Kreiser all of my teachers offered bonus points and retests. They curved grades, they took off less points because they "felt bad" and they made school easy. College isn't like that. It's heavily writing based and because I was never critiqued on my writing in high school, I always assumed I was a good writer.