Annville-Cleona Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Annville, PA. It has 516 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Annville-Cleona Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+31 Students
- B22 Students
- B21 Students
- B18 Students
- A15 Students
- C+11 Students
- B11 Students
- A-11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Annville-Cleona Secondary School
- BManheim Central Senior High School
- Manheim Central School District, PA
- 161 reviews
- B+Palmyra Area Senior High School
- Palmyra Area School District, PA
- 139 reviews
- B-Eastern Lebanon County Senior High School
- Eastern Lebanon County School District, PA
- 112 reviews
- B+Elizabethtown Area Senior High School
- Elizabethtown Area School District, PA
- 128 reviews
Annville-Cleona Secondary School Reviews
Annville did not prepare me for college. With the exception of Mr. Kreiser all of my teachers offered bonus points and retests. They curved grades, they took off less points because they "felt bad" and they made school easy. College isn't like that. It's heavily writing based and because I was never critiqued on my writing in high school, I always assumed I was a good writer.
The small school environment allows for unification among peers and staff. The education that students receive is among the best in the state. The extracurricular activities at AC vary from the music to the athletic department, but always prove to be outstanding!
I feel as though the dress code has become a little extreme, I believe that modesty should be taken into consideration, but I also believe that girls should be allowed to wear yoga pants if they wish as long as you can't see through them. Also, I believe that controversial topics should be discussed more instead of just shoved under the carpet. I also feel like bullying is not very well dealt with. Especially when it comes to differences in sexual orientation. A lot of my friends, and even myself, have encountered at least some type of bullying because of our sexual orientation. And if the administration is alerted to it, there is little done about it. They claim to be a safe zone, but I would not and did not feel safe coming out at my school. Guidance counselors could be more helpful, they sometimes just brush you off. Our principal is relatively involved and has done a decent job with it being his first year at my school.