Anniston High School is a public school located in Anniston, AL. It has 517 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Anniston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B68 Students
- C-64 Students
- C+49 Students
- A47 Students
- C+46 Students
- A42 Students
- B42 Students
- A33 Students
- B28 Students
- B24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Anniston High School Reviews
The school isn't as bad as people say. People see 'Anniston' and automatically think negative. Most of the teachers genuinely care for the students, while some don't. Which is a problem everywhere, not just AHS. Majority of the staff are very friendly. One good thing is they will ensure you are doing well in class and the teachers will definitely help struggling students. I wish there were more career electives to choose from. My biggest complaint is the freedom. This is a high school, and we're still treated as if we are in middle. There are just so many limits and restrictions, we should be preparing for college. Overall, the school isn't perfect, but not horrible either
There is a large achievement gap between Anniston High School and surrounding. However, this school has teachers who spend time with their students to ensure their success.
My experience at Anniston High School has been very memorable. The students and most of the teachers show a lot of respect to one another. The teachers really help us to get college ready by making us do different ACT preps. We have great extracurricular activities as well as great clubs and organizations. I love playing basketball for Anniston High School because I have learned lessons on the court and life lessons as well. Being apart of different extracurricular activites has taught me how to balance out my sports with my education with me being an academic student. A change I would make at Anniston High School would be having better lunches to make students happen. Another change that I would like to make would be to have a free period to clear our heads of learning for a little while.