Annie Wright Schools Reviews

Annie Wright is an excellent choice for Elementary, Middle and High School education. Teachers are highly engaging in the rigorous academic setting. Student life is also very good with high quality dorm life, food and activities. I am proud to have gone to Annie Wright and I would certainly recommend it.
I attended AWS from 6th through 12th grade. I am now a sophomore at Barnard College, and I wouldn’t be here without the experience and support I received from AWS. I did the full IB program, which not only prepared me for college through the intense curriculum and global perspective, but also put me on track to graduate 1 year early from college. The teachers work incredibly hard and care deeply for all of their students. I am still in contact with my teachers and they remain my mentors and advisors. I was on the soccer team and am thrilled by the efforts being put forth by the administration to increase and improve the sports program at AWS. I valued being in a diverse community with students from all over the world. I was on the student newspaper, in which I learned about and partook in investigative journalism as well as journalism conferences around the country. I am proud to have attended Annie Wright and would highly recommend the school to any prospective parents and students
My children both graduated from AWS, and I am compelled to write this review because they are so wonderfully prepared for college. Thank you Annie Wright! The care and professionalism demonstrated by the teachers is amazing. My kids are not only academically prepared, they know how to advocate for themselves, and build relationships with their professors at college. They have started the boys school now I hear, and although I had some reservations initially, I do agree that this extraordinary IB education should be available to all kids in the South Sound. This school is making a difference in the lives of kids, families and helping the development of the region.
Start Your Review of Annie Wright Schools
We have three students in the Lower School and have been so pleased with our experience. Small class size and engaged faculty - classroom teachers, learning support specialists and subject area specialists - have brought out the best in each of our three young students. The overall feeling of warmth and community has been a blessing to all of us, myself and my husband included. In addition, as a household with two working parents, the comprehensive offerings that include swim, team sports, music lessons, etc. have both filled the balance of the day between school dismissal and the end of our work day and allowed our kids to experience the extracurricular activities they are interested in.
Annie Wright has exceeded our family's expectations. We love the small class size, IB curriculum and sense of community. The teachers and coaches are amazing! Our kids thrive here and we simply couldn't be happier.
Took me a while to get out of my shell, but once I overcame my shyness I fell in love with the school
When I visited this establishment, I was amazed at how the school’s community was so tight-knit. Everyone greeting each other while walking to their next class. The teachers were all very involved in the well-being and academic success of each and every student. The administration also helped their students when they had missed a class for an extracurricular event of some sort. Classes are designed to be very interactive with its students. The students all seem to be highly engaged ready to take on the world. This school is truly extraordinary!
As a 7 day boarder and community member involved in all aspects of Annie Wright, I can accurately gage the immense impact on my life this school has created. Prided on our academic excellence, open-mindedness to all people, and passion throughout, Annie Wright truly is embodiment of what a school should strive to be. Without this school, I never would have been exposed to so many diverse cultures and loving teachers. It has guided me throughout my life, and courses have remained actively engaging and challenging while simultaneously being understanding. For example, every freshman enters high school taking physics as their first science course. The clubs and activities are stand-alone amazing, and where I genuinely have found my home. Personally, I was enrolled in the selective program of Model United Nations and Global Action where I learned composition, pose, political debate, and diplomacy. Due to character limits, I must stop here, however the legacy of Annie Wright continues on.
Annie Wright gives upon the most strengthened college preparatory experience you can possibly get. Everyone here is an involved community member and they are such fun people. Starting from year one, the path was already set to preparing for IB exams. The faculty here help the students grow in both academic excellence and human character.
I came to Annie Wright in 6th grade and immediately felt welcome in the community. Everyone is so close and friendly, and the classes have such perfect sizes that I never feel forgotten and am able to have those one-on-one learning slots with my teachers and I don't feel afraid to ask them questions. We have anywhere from 1-2 hours of study hall everyday when teachers are more than willing to help. The school prepares every student so well for college with personal meetings with our college counselor through junior and senior year and challenging academics. Our activities and clubs program is so extensive, there is an option for every person, and if you don't find one you like, the school will help you make one. As an IB school, every student aims to embody the 12 characteristics through class trips and exchanges to other countries. Altogether, Annie Wright is a small community which makes it harder to form sports teams, but gives such a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
It really is so amazing and really values the growth of their students. With their diverse cultures and academic excellence and every student is valued.
Annie Wright has made me more independent, shown me how to have confidence, taught me to be myself, and how to be willing to stand up for what I believe in. The girls I’ve met here have helped me to grow as a person and have shown me what true friendship looks like.
Both my children attend Annie Wright. My daughter is in the upper school and is excelling because of the rigorous academics that push her but more importantly because of a staff that cares. The school has an amazing program that caters to children with depression, anxiety and other issues. We did not know this when we enrolled but found out when we needed it most. The school administration is amazing at providing the support to help her succeed.
I've attended Annie Wright from Pre-K to my Senior year, 14 years total. I'm dyslexic and the support from staff has made it possible for me to maintain above a 3 point and be accepted by 5 colleges so far that have women's water polo teams that I can play for. This is an excellent school for a girl that wants to attend one of the top universities.
I’ve gone to Annie Wright for the past 14 years(my whole life). I have nothing to compare it to since it’s all I personally know, but I seriously have had such a great experience. The relationships I have with my teachers are so special and personal and I can tell they really care about me. Overall, my experience has been absolutely fantastic.
Excellent teachers, great all girls community, not sure how the all boys aspect will change this. Slightly skeptical of it
The faculty and staff at this school are incredible and hard-working! It's unfortunate, however, that they are woefully unappreciated and undervalued by the administration. The admin's main focus is to make money, and thus run the school like a corporation, completely ignoring the needs of the people who keep that place running.
Start Your Review of Annie Wright Schools
Good education system. Weak in the sports system. High number of international boarding students, but low in diversity overall. Also low in diversity in the faculties.
I have attend Annie Wright for 13 years and my experience there has morphed me into the person I want to be. Rigorous academics paired with an all girls student body, allowed me to grow and fulfill my goals as a student. Annie Wright is a smalls school of about 40 in my graduating class. This allowed for me to get close to my teachers and really learn the information, rather than regurgitate it. With the opportunity to have a full IB education, I really got to push myself and learn how to stay balanced between school work, social life, and sleep. All in all, AWS is a good school that focused on academics and the environment for learning really allows for every student to thrive.
In the past two years, Annie Wright has really made a push to develop the activities program and has done so rather successfully. I do know of student who complain that it clashes with homework time, but honestly, I have thoroughly enjoyed participating in the MUN/ Global Action Club. I have learned to develop my passion and interest in international relations outside the classroom and the teacher who runs it is one of my favorites (that's just the bonus). However, I would say my situation is a bit rare, as I've heard other activities are not run to the same success level as others. It completely depends on the club and advisor you have. Each club, depending on its success, gets a budget. We had the opportunity to go down to Arizona and learn about immigration policy. Our club requires a rather high level of commitment if one wants to participate in all of the opportunities. Other clubs are a bit more lax. The administration has instituted a JV and Varsity level for each club, but some use that distinction more than others.