Annie Wright Schools serve students from age three through high school. Annie Wright Lower and Middle Schools offer co-ed programs in Preschool-Grade 8, while separate Upper Schools for boys and girls offer day and boarding options in Grades 9-12. Five- and seven-day boarding options that attract students from around the world. AWS is proud to be an International Baccalaureate World School, delivering IB programs in every division.
Founded in 1884, Annie Wright Schools are nestled in the beautiful North End neighborhood of Tacoma, Washington. Annie Wright's historic campus, named Most Beautiful Private School in Washington State by Architectural Digest, includes an indoor pool, two gyms, science and technology labs, art and music studios, theater, outdoor gardens, play areas, athletic fields and open spaces. Coming in 2019: a new academic building to house the growing Upper School for Boys and a third gym with underground pool, to compliment the robust K-12 athletics program.
Annie Wright Schools Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+36 Students
- A+17 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+12 Students
- A+11 Students
- A+10 Students
- A+10 Students
- A10 Students
- A+9 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses