Annie Wright Schools is an elite, private, boarding school located in Tacoma, WA. It has 536 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. Tuition is $57,300 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+28 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+11 Students
- A+10 Students
- A10 Students
- A-9 Students
- A+9 Students
- A9 Students
- A+9 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Annie Wright Schools Reviews
The faculty and staff at this school are incredible and hard-working! It's unfortunate, however, that they are woefully unappreciated and undervalued by the administration. The admin's main focus is to make money, and thus run the school like a corporation, completely ignoring the needs of the people who keep that place running.
The teachers at the Annie Wright Upper School vary in quality of teaching. The math department is strong and has varied teachers to suit the learning styles of different students. The math levels also range all the way up to a challenging Calculus course; according to most students, they love the math teacher and the deans of the Upper School are very available to talk about switching classes to meet student need, in all departments (although this is mostly true for math classes). The science department is very much the same, and the teachers in this department engage students on an amazing level! The humanities department, in terms of quality, ranges greatly. The literature teachers are consistent and engaging, and many students enjoy their classes. The history department seems to be the greatest barrier, as many students complain about the teaching methods and lack of engagement. However, the history department, in my experience, is very helpful in preparing for the major IB assessment at the end of each year. The language department is also varied in terms of quality. From my experience and comments made by fellow classmates, French was a disappointment in the lack of preparation. Spanish has mixed reviews. However, everyone I have talked to seems to love their Chinese teacher, myself included. I would highly recommend taking Chinese if you are planning on going to this school.
Both my children attend Annie Wright. My daughter is in the upper school and is excelling because of the rigorous academics that push her but more importantly because of a staff that cares. The school has an amazing program that caters to children with depression, anxiety and other issues. We did not know this when we enrolled but found out when we needed it most. The school administration is amazing at providing the support to help her succeed.