Annapolis High School Reviews

Annapolis Senior High is a very good school. Lots of people know it because of all the violent students but that doesn't make up for all the great things Annapolis offers. Annapolis has great high level classes and offers great electives. Most of the teachers are very helpful. some students are in gangs but lots of them change their life around at the end of high school.
Great school very diverse, things are always happening, football and basketball games are the best. We have the best cheerleaders. Best school in Anne Arundel
My time at Annapolis High School was very rewarding. I was able to grow academically, socially, and mentally while at this high school. Some of the highlights of my time at Annapolis are taking Advanced Placement (AP) classes, participating in National Honor Society, competing on the schools sports teams, and building positive relationships with administration, staff, and my fellow students.

One thing the school could improve on is updating some of its facilities, such as the cafeteria and bathrooms.
Start Your Review of Annapolis High School
I love the diversity of Annapolis High school as well as the environment. I feel as though the facilities should be better funded by the county in order to provide a more modern experience.
I liked the amount of diversity that the school had. In Annapolis High school, you can honesty talk to any person you wanted, without feeling Judged or criticized.
My experience at Annapolis High School has been good. Teachers contribute a lot to me striving to be the person I can be.
Since I've been enrolled in Annapolis Senior High School, this school has helped me grow! I've been pushed to do positive things I wouldn't think I'd ever complete before.
The school provides many opportunities and gives students the support they need to get through high school. This school is also very diverse and you can easily make friends with everyone here.
Very diverse; good education for those who strive and lots of magnet programs/opportunities to follow your passions!
Annapolis High School was a pretty decent school to be at. There was a surplus of clubs for everyone with every interest and if the club you wanted wasn't there it wasn't hard to make one. Generally the teachers enjoyed their job and tried to make learning as fun as possible. Of course there are almost always the teachers that slack off or just aren't good at there jobs but the good teachers outnumber the bad teachers. Everyone is generally accepting but at the same time there are a lot of fights. Most times it wont escalate to the point of actual violence but sometimes it does. The food was terrible 9/10 times. I'm not even gonna lie. Once every couple of days we had really good options but other than that it was kind of sad.
I think the students are given many resources when it comes to college unless you're in the AVID program. And I believe administration, especially when I was a senior was horrible. No senior prank, no say so for prom and I was apart of the SGA we were given no lead way. So I think administration is full of gate-keepers. However, the best part about the school was the AVID program. It made me look forward to going to school everyday.
Wasn't the best. Doesn't prepare students for college at all. Would not recommend it to parents. Administration is not helpful, nor is it efficient. However, diversity can be seen. Students are very enthusiastic about sports. Academics section is lacking though.
I like the diversity and acceptance at Annapolis High School, but administration (within the high school) needs to focus a bit more on the students and their wants instead of folding their arms and not dealing with issues.
Ultimately you get what you put in out of Annapolis High School. The school has a lot of great programs for dedicated and hard working students, but there are still a lot of students who fall between the cracks. If you are the type of student who cares about your future college or career Annapolis is a great place for you. Teachers and administrators do a great job at pushing students who are already motivated about their post-secondary plans, but don't expect your post-secondary plans to be handed to you.
Annapolis High School has a variety of magnet programs that allow you to pursue a diverse set of programs. The teachers are wonderful and the sports amenities are spectacular.
AHS is a good high school overall. There is lots of diversity and many friendly people. The downside is that unless you take advanced classes, you are not likely to be challenged. But the teachers are great, and the students are great.
Throughout my four years at Annapolis High School, I managed to hone my craft in their Performing & Visual Arts Magnet Program. I became part of a family and made memories that I'll never forget. However, I did feel that the students in the PVA Program were a bit separated from the rest of the students at the school. I wish we would have received a bit more recognition for the wonderful and impactful things that we did.
Start Your Review of Annapolis High School
Annapolis High School, although unusually diverse, is obviously suffering from de facto segregation. This effects the classes and programs which students participate in. For example, the majority of IB students are white upper/ middle class students, while the majority of standard level students are minorities. Some examples of the great inequalities are that while some students are participating in gang violence, others spend hours doing homework in hopes of achieving good grades so they can get into college.

Another huge issue in the school is the teacher turnover rate. Many of my best teachers have either left already or plan to leave soon after my class graduates because they cannot afford to live and teach in Annapolis. Their paychecks have been cut instead of raises being awarded, as if they already were not paid enough. Due to this, Annapolis high school is losing valuable access being put towards students, and are frantically being replaced by less than quality teachers.
Annapolis has a quality educational system. They are an average school with less than average teachers.
I liked making all kinds of friends throughout the years both in and out of the PVA program, and the diversity of the school. You wouldn't find that kind of diversity at a school like Broadneck High School. It has opened my eyes, and I'll always be thankful for that. But, on the other hand I wish there wasn't as many fights or issues at AHS.