Annapolis High School Reviews

Great school with many course curricula to choose. Great diversity in the student body. Lots of sports of extra-currcular activities.
My experience at Annapolis High throughout my 9-11 grade years was alright. It is your typical high school but needs some improvement. By Improvement I mean food, class choices, and help prepare you for college more. While there is many different resources I feel as if though you have to really be consistent and have the look hard, I feel as though that should be right there when needed.
The teachers at Annapolis High School have the student’s best interest at heart. I feel that the student body is everyone’s top priority.
Start Your Review of Annapolis High School
There is so much diversity and you can tell that the staff really cares about the students' education. There are students there who make it apparent that they don't want to be there, but for the ones who actually care about their education it is a pleasant experience.
I would like for the school to provide more resources and prepare the students more for college. The administration could stick to new rules better instead of only enforcing them for one week.
Annapolis has a large range of diversity amongst the students. Some teachers really put fourth a lot of effort to help the students. Although other teachers like some of the AP teachers do not do much I suppose it shows a student what it would actually be like to be in college. The school food definitely is not edible either.
It was a very diverse school and I realized that is one of the best ways to learn. Not only did I get an education but I was learning about different cultures in such an authentic way. I would not change the school I went nor would many of my classmates.
The school itself was kind of broken down but, its light came from the lovely staff, teachers and advocates. As students, we were treated with respect and honesty, despite sometimes not giving those in return. I'm thankful for my time at this establishment.
I transferred to AHS as a junior coming from private school. Although a much different environment (it was huge compared to the school I came from) and concern that I wouldn’t fit in or find friends, that wasn’t the case! There were many clubs and activities, it was very diverse and the students were friendly. I was in honors and AP classes so the academics were definitely on par with the college prep classes I took in private school.
I liked the amount of diversity in students and the programs they had to offer. I am a part of the International Bachelorette Program and it has prepared me for my intended major and college.
I like the diversity at this school but i feel like academics could be taken more seriously. There is alot of clubs and the drama company us great. I feel like they pay more attention to sports than academics but the ib program and pva program are great
I attended Annapolis High school from 2012-2016, throughout the four years, my overall experience was fairly good. Annapolis high school has many academic programs that students can get involved in such as Dual Enrollment, International Baccalaureate (IB), Advance Placement (AP), among others. I was enrolled in the IB program and I had an really good experience with it and I feel like it helped prepared me for my higher education. I was not involved in sports, however the school offers a variety of team sports and club sports, on top of that there are other clubs and organizations students can join. The one thing that was a bit of an issue with my non-IB classes was the overpopulation the school has in some classes. The food served was just like any served at other public schools. I had great teachers that dedicated their time to making sure I excelled in my classes, furthermore the counseling center was a great resource when I attended.
at annapolis high school it taught me how to be independent. there are two types of people. social and ant-social. i was more of anti so i was able to focus and make honor roll.
I was a part of the International Baccalaureate program, which I think was a great opportunity that Annapolis High School provided me. The IB program was very helpful in preparing me for college however it is a little exclusive because you must apply and interview to get in. So I wish the classes it provided were open to all students. Also the IB teachers are all very good and because IB is an accelerated academic magnet program. It allowed us to bond closely as a group. I also like the sports facilities. We have a lot of turf and spacious fields to practice sports on.
Good school,good programs and diversity.School spirit is good overall.I’m glad I came here.Teachers seem like they care.Small issue with gang violence and neighborhood arguments.Otherwise,, a good school.
Throughout the 4 years I've been at Annapolis high school, I've grown a lot. I used to live in Prince George's County MD, and we didn't have that much of a diversity as it is in Annapolis. When I first got there, it felt weird seeing Asians, Caucasians, and Hispanics everywhere. I've gotten used to it and i feel like its gotten me ready for the real world. They are high on showing different cultures around the school and it's nice to know about different cultures, different beliefs, and different perspectives.
Annapolis High is extremely diverse and versatile with a great student body and some outstanding teachers. However, the school could definitely improve on facilities and rules. I would like the school to be able to become more "in-tune" with one another and more accepting of others.
Start Your Review of Annapolis High School
Annapolis Senior High is a very good school. Lots of people know it because of all the violent students but that doesn't make up for all the great things Annapolis offers. Annapolis has great high level classes and offers great electives. Most of the teachers are very helpful. some students are in gangs but lots of them change their life around at the end of high school.
Great school very diverse, things are always happening, football and basketball games are the best. We have the best cheerleaders. Best school in Anne Arundel
My time at Annapolis High School was very rewarding. I was able to grow academically, socially, and mentally while at this high school. Some of the highlights of my time at Annapolis are taking Advanced Placement (AP) classes, participating in National Honor Society, competing on the schools sports teams, and building positive relationships with administration, staff, and my fellow students.

One thing the school could improve on is updating some of its facilities, such as the cafeteria and bathrooms.