Annapolis High School Reviews

My 4 years at Annapolis was okay. Things i wish that would change would be the fact you cannot leave campus. The food here is terrible, there's plenty of fights/drama. what i did like about Annapolis was that the teachers and staff care about your education and there are a lot of tools here for you.
I like my school, a lot. It surprises me though, sometimes, seeing how a school with such vibrance can have really dark places.
The school is diverse in all kinds of ways. If you're motivated, ambitious, and goal-driven, you'll find what you need. If you just keep to yourself, that's okay too. Sometimes you have to be a little bit more careful, because strangers you see in the hallway won't trust you at all. You'll also find that if you have ideas and you share them with people, often they can get through.
I'm in the Interact Club; my friend is in the Key Club. Something's always changing. We're always getting better.
I love A-high! Our diversity is our strongest quality. The even distribution of races and ethnicities give our classrooms many different perspectives and result in interesting class discussions. I love our school spirit and the supportive faculty we have. I wouldn't want to graduate from anywhere else!
Start Your Review of Annapolis High School
Annapolis high school is a IB world school which is one of many reasons why it's a great school. it's diverse but not that much diverse. Every year the school has incoming new teachers, which is really good because it says a lot about the school and students in it. There's way too many altercation that are neighborhood related that shouldn't happen in school but teachers and staff cant help it.
It is an okay school. The AP program is very good, the teachers really care about the students and want them to succeed. The PVA program takes the most money,but the CATSouth program is the best. It teaches you about career readiness in a certain trade, reading their students for the workforce and a job.
The school has a lot to offer in courses, but some of the teachers are unmotivated to teach. You can gain a great amount of opportunities from the teachers here.
Annapolis High School has so many extracurriculars that one can get involved very easily. Most of the teachers really care about their job and concern themselves with their students well being. We collectively have tons of school spirit and there is a very happy and carefree feeling in the hallways and in the students. Although there's the occasional fight or two, they're dealt with pretty quickly and aren't a problem for the majority of the school. I would recommend attending Annapolis High School if you're on the edge about it and another school.
I love the diversity but I would love to have teachers who care about their students more and less disciplinary issues.
I love how there are constant fundraisers and activities that are promoted by the school in order to increase school involvement. The only thing I would change about my school is our bus system because I wish we had more school buses that could accommodate our growing population of students.
Annapolis High is very diverse and unique. While we may have a bad rap, ahigh is a great school filled with spirit and entertainment. There are a lot of great teachers who really look out for you and not just your grade. The counselors are also amazing, but many students dont develop a relationship with them, which is in the end their loss.
I like the educational and sports programs at AHS.

I'd like to see the school get newer facilities (remove the portable buildings) and get new computers and other technology.
The diversity in this school is such a plus for me. Having a third white students, a third African American, and a third Hispanic is an amazing balance and I would not want to go here without it. This school has had its fair share of fights but new administration and rules seem to have calmed it down. Our resources here are average, not very tech-y but we have what we need. The teachers feel real passion for teaching, and if not they are gone after a year.
The good things I can say about Annapolis high school are it had good sports fields and also had a solid weight room. The rest can be assumed to be bad or not particularly good.
The school is obviously trying to make a difference in students' lives, which I have a lot of respect for. They want students to succeed, and they try to give us every opportunity to do so. It's hard to keep a consistently positive attitude, though, when my favorite teachers keep having to leave the district to find a job that actually pays a livable wage. This is most certainly not AHS' fault, more AACPS in general, but it's very disheartening to hear every year that three more teachers have left.
Great school with many course curricula to choose. Great diversity in the student body. Lots of sports of extra-currcular activities.
My experience at Annapolis High throughout my 9-11 grade years was alright. It is your typical high school but needs some improvement. By Improvement I mean food, class choices, and help prepare you for college more. While there is many different resources I feel as if though you have to really be consistent and have the look hard, I feel as though that should be right there when needed.
The teachers at Annapolis High School have the student’s best interest at heart. I feel that the student body is everyone’s top priority.
Start Your Review of Annapolis High School
There is so much diversity and you can tell that the staff really cares about the students' education. There are students there who make it apparent that they don't want to be there, but for the ones who actually care about their education it is a pleasant experience.
I would like for the school to provide more resources and prepare the students more for college. The administration could stick to new rules better instead of only enforcing them for one week.
Annapolis has a large range of diversity amongst the students. Some teachers really put fourth a lot of effort to help the students. Although other teachers like some of the AP teachers do not do much I suppose it shows a student what it would actually be like to be in college. The school food definitely is not edible either.