Annapolis High School Reviews

at annapolis high school it taught me how to be independent. there are two types of people. social and ant-social. i was more of anti so i was able to focus and make honor roll.
I was a part of the International Baccalaureate program, which I think was a great opportunity that Annapolis High School provided me. The IB program was very helpful in preparing me for college however it is a little exclusive because you must apply and interview to get in. So I wish the classes it provided were open to all students. Also the IB teachers are all very good and because IB is an accelerated academic magnet program. It allowed us to bond closely as a group. I also like the sports facilities. We have a lot of turf and spacious fields to practice sports on.
Good school,good programs and diversity.School spirit is good overall.I’m glad I came here.Teachers seem like they care.Small issue with gang violence and neighborhood arguments.Otherwise,, a good school.
Start Your Review of Annapolis High School
Throughout the 4 years I've been at Annapolis high school, I've grown a lot. I used to live in Prince George's County MD, and we didn't have that much of a diversity as it is in Annapolis. When I first got there, it felt weird seeing Asians, Caucasians, and Hispanics everywhere. I've gotten used to it and i feel like its gotten me ready for the real world. They are high on showing different cultures around the school and it's nice to know about different cultures, different beliefs, and different perspectives.
Annapolis High is extremely diverse and versatile with a great student body and some outstanding teachers. However, the school could definitely improve on facilities and rules. I would like the school to be able to become more "in-tune" with one another and more accepting of others.
Annapolis Senior High is a very good school. Lots of people know it because of all the violent students but that doesn't make up for all the great things Annapolis offers. Annapolis has great high level classes and offers great electives. Most of the teachers are very helpful. some students are in gangs but lots of them change their life around at the end of high school.
Great school very diverse, things are always happening, football and basketball games are the best. We have the best cheerleaders. Best school in Anne Arundel
My time at Annapolis High School was very rewarding. I was able to grow academically, socially, and mentally while at this high school. Some of the highlights of my time at Annapolis are taking Advanced Placement (AP) classes, participating in National Honor Society, competing on the schools sports teams, and building positive relationships with administration, staff, and my fellow students.

One thing the school could improve on is updating some of its facilities, such as the cafeteria and bathrooms.
I love the diversity of Annapolis High school as well as the environment. I feel as though the facilities should be better funded by the county in order to provide a more modern experience.
I liked the amount of diversity that the school had. In Annapolis High school, you can honesty talk to any person you wanted, without feeling Judged or criticized.
My experience at Annapolis High School has been good. Teachers contribute a lot to me striving to be the person I can be.
Since I've been enrolled in Annapolis Senior High School, this school has helped me grow! I've been pushed to do positive things I wouldn't think I'd ever complete before.
The school provides many opportunities and gives students the support they need to get through high school. This school is also very diverse and you can easily make friends with everyone here.
Very diverse; good education for those who strive and lots of magnet programs/opportunities to follow your passions!
Annapolis High School was a pretty decent school to be at. There was a surplus of clubs for everyone with every interest and if the club you wanted wasn't there it wasn't hard to make one. Generally the teachers enjoyed their job and tried to make learning as fun as possible. Of course there are almost always the teachers that slack off or just aren't good at there jobs but the good teachers outnumber the bad teachers. Everyone is generally accepting but at the same time there are a lot of fights. Most times it wont escalate to the point of actual violence but sometimes it does. The food was terrible 9/10 times. I'm not even gonna lie. Once every couple of days we had really good options but other than that it was kind of sad.
I think the students are given many resources when it comes to college unless you're in the AVID program. And I believe administration, especially when I was a senior was horrible. No senior prank, no say so for prom and I was apart of the SGA we were given no lead way. So I think administration is full of gate-keepers. However, the best part about the school was the AVID program. It made me look forward to going to school everyday.
Wasn't the best. Doesn't prepare students for college at all. Would not recommend it to parents. Administration is not helpful, nor is it efficient. However, diversity can be seen. Students are very enthusiastic about sports. Academics section is lacking though.
Start Your Review of Annapolis High School
I like the diversity and acceptance at Annapolis High School, but administration (within the high school) needs to focus a bit more on the students and their wants instead of folding their arms and not dealing with issues.
Ultimately you get what you put in out of Annapolis High School. The school has a lot of great programs for dedicated and hard working students, but there are still a lot of students who fall between the cracks. If you are the type of student who cares about your future college or career Annapolis is a great place for you. Teachers and administrators do a great job at pushing students who are already motivated about their post-secondary plans, but don't expect your post-secondary plans to be handed to you.
Annapolis High School has a variety of magnet programs that allow you to pursue a diverse set of programs. The teachers are wonderful and the sports amenities are spectacular.