Annandale Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Annandale, MN. It has 517 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Annandale Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+30 Students
- B-22 Students
- B+16 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-13 Students
- B12 Students
- B+12 Students
- B11 Students
- NG9 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Annandale Senior High School
- B+Maple Lake Secondary School
- Maple Lake Public School District, MN
- 38 reviews
- A-Monticello Senior High School
- Monticello Public School District, MN
- 200 reviews
- BHoward Lake-Waverly-Winsted (HLWW) High School
- Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted (HLWW) Public Schools, MN
- 17 reviews
- B+Becker Senior High School
- Becker Public School District, MN
- 131 reviews
Annandale Senior High School Reviews
There are many different extracurricular opportunities available at Annandale High School. Some of which are Yearbook club, Chess club, Cardinal Buddies, Robotics, Student Council, BPA, Encore choir, National Honor Society. In addition to these clubs I have heard that there has recently been an addition of Key club where kids must go out into the community and volunteer from reading to children at the Elementary school to visiting senior citizens at the nursing home. Of course there is the addition of sports. Men's sports are Football, Wrestling, Basketball, and Baseball. Women's sports are Volleyball, Gymnastics, Tennis, Basketball, Softball. In addition to gender based sports there are many sports where men and women can be a part of the same sport, and just be on different teams at this school which consist of Cross Country, Ski Team, Track and Field, and Trap shooting.
My high school experience overall has been a solid learning environment. I have learned there are good and bad in everything profession, including teachers. I've had teachers who are clearly devoted to their profession and their students as I have also experienced teachers who care little about their profession or their students and who simply want nothing but to assign work and not interact with their students. I've also experienced negative and belittlement by teachers as well. I have had several teachers who I have looked up to and who made my high school experience a positive and memorable one.
There are many extracurricular activities at Annandale High School including: sports/cheerleading, National Honor Society, Key Club, Robotics, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Jazz Band, Choir, One Act Play, etc. These activities are usually coached/organized by AHS teachers.