Annandale High School Reviews

Annandale is a very versatile school with many different people with many different races. The school is also very spacious. The facilities are most of the time clean. I was very surprised, because most public restrooms and such are very dirty and often avoided. In Annandale the the bathrooms are very clean with multiple restrooms all over the school. You also get seven minutes to each class. This may seem long, but if your class is on the other side of the school or even outside, then you probably would barely make or be late every time unless you run. Though it is impossible to run with the people in front of you walking so slow. The biggest problem with Annandale are the teachers. Some of them may show little motivation, and most of them don't teach you well.
The one thing I liked about Annandale was that I was able to make new friends. I lost some friends but I do not feel sad or depressed in any way. The food at lunch is not that great. It usually upsets my stomach. Some teachers do not care about teaching the students and getting them to engage in class. This is one of the things that need to change as soon as possible. Overall, my experience at the school is average.
I loved the diversity and fun spirit of students. I was in the IB diploma program and it was tough, and draining, but I had support from the IB coordinator and teachers around the school. At Annandale High School, there's always events going around too. Annandale always tries to spread opportunity for people to be apart of.
Start Your Review of Annandale High School
When I first came to Annandale High school, the students and administration there were really nice. Prior to this, I heard some unflattering rumors about the school, but there isn't anything wrong with the school itself. Most of the teachers are really engaged in their student's academics and strive to help them in many ways. They are also very understanding of student's responsibilities in sports, music, and other activities outside of school.
This is an amazing school with some of the friendliest and experienced staff available in the area. Along with being one of the most diverse areas in the country, everyone is friendly and look out for each other.
For the two years I've been at AHS there wasn't anything that made it stand out, besides the diversity. This school is very diverse with many different cultures coming together all in one school. There are some cliques but there is a group for everyone to fit into. The school doesn't have many clubs that differ from the typical high school clubs.
Moving from Jeb Stuart High School to Annandale High School is one of the biggest impact in my life. The staff, students, and principal there are very diverse and Annandale being a diverse school is one of the reasons I moved. I bet anyone will love the experience here especially since everyone is very friendly and peaceful with each other.
I'm a student at Annandale High School. I'd say that every year at Annandale becomes better. Many people say Annandale is a bad school, however it is a fairly good school.
I've been going to Annandale High school for 3 years now, and in all honesty, I don't love it. Although I may have a few teachers who I really enjoy, my first two years were something I don't want to remember; part of this has to do with not knowing much about what's going on, having teachers who are clearly only teaching because they have no other options, and the student body as a whole strongly disappoints.
I am incredibely thankful for Annandale. Everyday I am around people from all over the world and from every walk of life. The wide range of ideas, knowledge, and opinions is so captivating and fresh that it’s just a constant learning experience for me in the classroom, in lunch, or wherever. Most of the teachers I’ve had were very provocative and very diligent about educating us, but most importantly they seemed to really enjoy what they do. They keep parents informed of their students progress via progress reports which I think is great, and they even provided laptops to all of the students which is really a huge benefit to those without internet, since a lot of ideas come from their nowadays. I am very thankful for this school because it has made me a very balanced person who is more rationale and understanding of those who have less than me, as well as show me that I have lots of work to do in order to make something happen in this world. A very humbling experience indeed.
My name is Charles and I am currently a senior in Annandale High School. In my experience throughout these years, my teachers have been outstanding year after. The grades may have not been amazing but they were above average. I definitely have enjoyed my high school experience making memories with my closest friends and pals. Creating a good friendship with ethnicities my counselor and the administration. The diversity and culture of many is amazing alone. I am glad to be a graduate of Annandale High School class of 2018.
I like how it is very diverse and we have numerous languages. However, I would like the IB program to be replaced with AP courses.
What I enjoy about Annandale High School is the diversity. i get to see many different student from around the world and experience some of their customs.
I like most of the things and opportunities Annandale High School has brought me. The staff, administrators, principal, and teachers are all very supportive in the choices we, students, make for our education. They help us along the way and guide us to become the young inpendent scholars we will become.
My experience at Annandale High School was fairly good. I moved from another high school in Ethiopia to Virginia in my junior year. This is my senior year at Annandale. Being a new student has it's own disadvantage, in my first days I usually get lost in the school and be late to class, however the teachers were mostly understanding and the students are very kind and helpful. They would show me directions and sometimes they walk to my class themselves. In one year I make lots of friends. The whole staff of the school is very kind and supportive. Also the school is very diverse. When I started school at Annandale I was scared at first. I was scared of not making friends, being bullied and fail my classes, but it all turned out just fine. I was also worried about communication skills, because my English wasn't that good. Now I'm a senior and I'll leave this school in June, i had an experience in this school, looking back there are lots of things I would miss from this school. GO ATOMS!
Annandale High School is filled with happy, diverse faces. School spirit is spread through out the hallways. Teachers are excellent.
My High School experience so far has been a handful. Never the less, I am getting good grades and advocating for myself by putting one foot forward. I will let nothing get in my way of becoming who I WANT TO BE, no matter if no one supports or believes in me. I have learned how to become an independent, intelligent, and reliable young women all on my own.
Start Your Review of Annandale High School
I loved the school's immense diversity. Compared with other school in the FCPS district, Annandale was the most diverse. Also, our teaching staff is very good. This is probably due to the fact that we are an IB School, making our teaching program great. My problem with AHS was the under-funding in our sports programs. Most of the coaches we got were either teachers at the school, with mediocre knowledge of coaching, or cheap coaches from outside the school with a mediocre history in the sport. It caused a huge problem with our athletics programs, making most of them more often that not subpar. Another issue was with clubs. They were poorly managed by the faculty and students.
I love the people at the school especially the friends that I made. The staff and teachers are really nice and friendly and they strive to help the students achieve their dreams and to be able to do well in school. The environment at Annandale High was very soothing and comfortable, it was like another home.
What I enjoy so much about Annandale High School are the amazing teachers that enjoy interacting with the students and are ready to go to any lengths to help students fulfil up to their full potential. Also, I love how there are so many opportunities and activities for everyone.