Anna-Jonesboro High School Reviews

Although it is a small school, the best thing is that you can be close friends with everyone. The faculty is very helpful and is more like a friend than a teacher. The bathrooms are brand new and very fresh. We take pride in our scholar athletes and honors roll students. But it would be nice to have more of a variety of advanced classes to take and Experience throughout high school.
Overall a great school, I often read online about other people's high school experiences and even though many students complain - we had it pretty damn good. Our school was safe, bullying was super minimal at least for my graduating class (the grade below us had an issue, but for the most part the school is a friendly and welcoming environment).
Plus, they have numerous classes to help us in adult life. it's everywhere, that people complain about not knowing how to be a functional adult when leaving high school. A-J offers numerous helpful classes; various hobby classes, Recourse management, Sex education, Health, Government, adult living / relationships, etc - as if you don't get enough amazing life advice from the fantastic Mr. Horn.
It is a great school and a great community!! I attended Anna Jonesboro Community as a child and both of my children attend Anna Jonesboro Community High school as well. I wouldn't want my children to attend any other school!
Start Your Review of Anna-Jonesboro High School
My experience at AJ was great but I know that other schools offer much better recourses. The teachers go all out to do their job.
I really love AJ, the teachers were amazing and they all had amazing relationships with all the students. The teachers and students were all like a big family. I would change how dirty the school is.
My overall high school experience has been great from the classes to the teachers. The class sizes are appropriate and make the student experience more suitable to the students needs. All the coaches I have played for in my high school career have been helpful and I feel I have learned a lot from them all.
My favorite experiences have been going to Volleyball games with my friends and working with the student council.
All of the sports we have at school are great and entertaining to watch. The athletes play well in almost every sport we have.
All of the teachers are phenomenal. They are always making sure that the students understand the lesson.
The extracurricular opportunities are wonderful. More than two-thirds of the student body participates in a club or sport. The teachers and sponsors of the club are always involved with the clubs and make sure we are all enjoying ourselves.
There is a real problem with teen pregnacy.
We have a Health Center and this is wonderful because you do not have to leave the school for Dr. Appointments.
We do have several activities.
We have some great teachers. But we are a small school and do not have opportunities as other schools have.
I don't eat at the school.
Policies are strict and administration is alright
Lots of sports and a few clubs
Start Your Review of Anna-Jonesboro High School
Some parts of the building aren't maintained.
The athletes are the elite and premiere of the school. My entire senior year PE program was weight training and running so that our football players could stay in shape in the Fall and be ready for summer practice moving from the Spring. It was ok for me but some kids just aren't at that level. School spirit seems limited to a select group as well.
I never went to another high school so really have nothing to compare AJ to. Overall, it's an average school with poor leadership and authoritarian ruling style. Kids are cool and there are a number of different cliques you can hang with. Most students are just ready to get out of there and move on to life.