Anna High School is an above average, public school located in Anna, TX. It has 705 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Anna High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-72 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+65 Students
- A-55 Students
- B-54 Students
- B+39 Students
- A35 Students
- A-33 Students
- B29 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Anna High School
- BHowe High School
- Howe Independent School District, TX
- 29 reviews
- B-Princeton High School
- Princeton Independent School District, TX
- 128 reviews
- A-Whitewright High School
- Whitewright Independent School District, TX
- 38 reviews
- B+Melissa High School
- Melissa Independent School District, TX
- 97 reviews
Anna High School Reviews
Anna is not a bad high school, it just isn't as great as other schools in the Dallas-Forth Worth area. It has a lot of potential, with the amount of parent involvement it has and some of its dedicated teachers. The main hindrance I felt was the students unwillingness to apply themselves, and parents allowing it or even seeking to punish teachers who didn't push their children through. For this reason, it was not uncommon to see upperclassmen still taking underclassmen, introductory courses. Some students, I feel, didn't fell like being smart was cool. I look forward to watching this school grow and become what it has the potential to be.
It was a good high school experience, I really didn’t like going here but I had to get through my four years. It doesn’t really prepare you for college like I expected it to. There was great diversity. Sometimes certain things that happened with the school I didn’t agree with, but it was just a matter of being patient and dealing with it.
I love the Anna High School district. There are many ways that our district are preparing us students for not only college, but for life. I love how they offer so many different classes and electives for students to take, as well as many dual credit classes for students to take before entering college and bringing their college readiness higher.