Ankeny High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ankeny, IA. It has 979 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A265 Students
- A209 Students
- B-123 Students
- B+98 Students
- A56 Students
- C+51 Students
- B-47 Students
- B36 Students
- B33 Students
- A-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Ankeny High School
- AAnkeny Centennial High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 93 reviews
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 84 reviews
- A-Norwalk Senior High School
- Norwalk Community School District, IA
- 188 reviews
- B+North Polk High School
- North Polk Community School District, IA
- 79 reviews
Ankeny High School Reviews
In a town at once was considered the 2nd fastest growing town in America, Ankeny High School Is still a school devoted to making change in every students life. Everyone knows you by name even if there over 900+ students in the entire school. If your passionate about learning something new, then teachers go out of there way to make sure you can master it!
I have been going to ankeny since 8th grade. I’m an incoming senior for the 2018-2019 school year, to be honest, I wouldn’t chose to graduate anywhere else. I moved around a lot growing up and now that I’ve consistently been in a district, it has become my home. On the contrary to my above opinion, ankeny has its tough points. I’ve done some rebellious things I shouldn’t have done and as I continue on and better myself, not only the students but some staff as well seem to have me marked to their judgement for my eternity at the school. Knowing half of the people I see don’t believe in me can hurt sometimes. Reputations are hard to reverse in ankeny. In conclusion I see going to ankeny worth some of the struggles I faced because in comparison to other school districts, ankeny is very accepting and has good nature as well as strong academics.
I am overall very blessed to go to Ankeny High School. The school itself is very clean, spacious, and looks professional and modern. The entire Ankeny Community School District does an amazing job at establishing a no bullying policy and I feel very safe and at home when I am at school. The majority of the staff and teachers at the school are layed back, but also push every student to do their best and help them become successful. They give us the option to come in for extra help before and after school, and there is even a time period every week for any student that is struggling in a class to come in and work on their assignments. The resources available to the students are in abundance, and I have never felt that I didn’t have the right materials or information to be successful in my work.