Ankeny Centennial High School Reviews

My high school experience was amazing all thanks to Ankeny Centennial High School. One thing that stands out the most is the teachers. They willingly give up extra time and energy to help a student who is struggling. Ankeny Centennial has fully prepared me for college through its resources and teachers. One thing that could improve is the diversity among the school and this could be obtained through the promoting and adding of clubs and activities.
They are very good at preparing you for the future however the culture here pushes students to do a lot. Participate in activities and sports as well as enrolling in 3-5 dual enrollment courses or AP level classes.
I really love how new and big the school is. Makes the environment a more of a calm feeling instead of overwhelming. Also at Ankeny Centennial there are so many class options every students will find something they feel passionate about. Not only that ,but they do a good job of incorporated everybody and having every individual involved.
Start Your Review of Ankeny Centennial High School
The teachers are funny and really nice. Just the whole entire staff is amazing and I have learned a lot. We make the playoffs in almost every sport and the atmosphere at games is just awesome.
I love the welcoming atmosphere created by the staff and students. The building is very secure and up to date for the most part. Cosmetically I would only have one bad thing and that’s the hand dryers. However when it comes to the inner workings of the school there are some issues. When it comes to activities, it seems to only be sports that are focused on, with little regard to any other activity such as speech, drama, or show choir. But the academics are very stressed upon and the faculty make sure that all students are doing as well as they can. My only real complaint would be that the guidance department should be more informed on other colleges, not just the three regent schools: ISU, U of I, and UNI
Ankeny High school is a very good school, everyone is welcoming and it is a very nice environment to learn and experience high school in. One of my favorite places would be the library, they have multiple opportunities for every student such as a music room, a 3D printer, a button maker, a ton of computers, and a staff that will help and accommodate for anything someone would like to do or needs for an assignment. Another part that many students enjoy is all of the activities available from show choir to any club that someone can think of and all of the athletics. Through sports and clubs at school I have met many people that are now my friends in my grade and older than me. Overall Ankeny Centennial is an excellent place for high school and I do not think there could be any improvements becuase it is a place I look forward to going too every day!
I think the best parts of this school are resources, experience, and staff. They are amazing. It’s easy to find whatever you are looking for, whether it’s books, articles, or classes. The high school experience and the culture is just great. And the staff are so kind and willing to help.
There are so many great opportunities. All the teachers want to see you succeed, and are there to help you.
I really like being a part of a sports team here. We are really successful and have a lot of fun competing. Not only are the sports teams successful, but are academics are too. There are many opportunities to get better at a certain academic skill and our students do very well on standardized tests. Also, there are a lot of extracurriculars and clubs to be involved in. There is something for everyone to be a part of and many of our teachers strive to include everyone in events. It is a relatively new school, so the facilities are really nice. I would like to see more students involved though in attending events. There really is no student section for sports, especially girls sports. There never is any following for certain clubs in the drama department. But, the following of show choir kind of makes up for it.
As a student that attends Ankeny Centennial High School, my overall experience has been very good. The teachers are always whiling to help and have very flexible hours to offer one on one assistance when needed. The teachers strive for all the students to excel not just for the grade, but for the students to actually learn the material being taught for a stronger future. The student body of Centennial is also amazing when it comes to helping out those whom have disabilities. PEOPEL PE is offered in which students without disabilities help those with them to come together for a pe class. This class is my favorite part of the day because friendships are sparked and it is extremly rewarding to see the difference you are making in the kids with disabilities lives.
The teachers are always willing to help you grow as a student. The school offers many dual enrollment courses with the local community college (D.M.A.C.C.). I wish the school helped challenge the faster learning / more advanced students a bit more; however, there are plenty of science and math courses you can take through D.M.A.C.C. if you are interested in those fields.
The teachers are always willing to give you a hand with anything. The atmosphere is great and the students are extremely respectful.
Centennial was the best experience! Wouldn't change a thing! The teachers are caring and always there to help. The counselors create a path to help you succeed. Sports teams are always top rated. Facilities are state of the art. Large school but small feeling.
Centennial is a good size. It's not so big that students feel as if they slip through the cracks, and it's not so small that everybody already knows each other.
Ankeny is a place that wasn't the most friendly. I was not bullied by other students but I felt that the staff just didn't really care about us. It was fine but they could definitely work on helping their students succeed more!
They have an amazing academic program with access to free college courses through DMACC. They really do their best to prepare their students for college and life after high school.
ACHS does a fantastic job at preparing students for college. They offer both dual credit college classes and AP classes. Although it's a big school, the teachers and staff really make it feel like a smaller community. There are a lot of opportunities for extra curriculars that range anywhere from chess club to a sports team, so there are options for everyone!
Start Your Review of Ankeny Centennial High School
I would like to see less favor towards students just because they are athletes or in a special group.
Ankeny Centennial is a great school to attend. After graduating and coming to a college campus I felt ready for college and did not feel as though I was drowning. Although I wish they would have given us better direction on what classes to take to save us money at college. All in all Ankeny Centennial is a great school and I am a very proud Alumni!
High school is high school. Classes are difficult but the staff is wonderful when it comes to questions. Some of my fellow classmates have some maturing to do, but overall it's not too bad.