Ankeny Centennial High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ankeny, IA. It has 1,106 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Ankeny Centennial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A106 Students
- A105 Students
- B+59 Students
- B-36 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-20 Students
- B19 Students
- B17 Students
- B+15 Students
- C+13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Ankeny Centennial High School
- AAnkeny High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 244 reviews
- AWaukee Senior High School
- Waukee Community School District, IA
- 345 reviews
- AJohnston Senior High School
- Johnston Community School District, IA
- 282 reviews
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 81 reviews
Ankeny Centennial High School Reviews
Based on my time at Centennial, I had an overall good experience. The teachers were always willing to help, the lunch ladies always had smiles on their faces, and the security guard greeted us every day when we walked through the door. I made amazing friends and memories thanks to my high school, with all of the activities and opportunities the school had to offer. I enjoyed Centennial because not many schools have the privelege of going to talk to the best teacher ever, Mr. Zuck!
Ankeny High school is a very good school, everyone is welcoming and it is a very nice environment to learn and experience high school in. One of my favorite places would be the library, they have multiple opportunities for every student such as a music room, a 3D printer, a button maker, a ton of computers, and a staff that will help and accommodate for anything someone would like to do or needs for an assignment. Another part that many students enjoy is all of the activities available from show choir to any club that someone can think of and all of the athletics. Through sports and clubs at school I have met many people that are now my friends in my grade and older than me. Overall Ankeny Centennial is an excellent place for high school and I do not think there could be any improvements becuase it is a place I look forward to going too every day!
Ankeny Centennial High School offered a great educational experience offering a variety of course work in various disciplines. The teachers were highly trained in their areas with good backgrounds in their area of expertise. Teachers offered help when needed and contacted parents as needed. The school works with Des Moines Area Community College to help meet the needs of students to earn college credit while attending high school. At the recent graduation, almost all students graduating had earned college credit. Students have the opportunities to participate in athletics, music, art, and many different clubs and activities to meet the needs of the students. One sport that would be great to add is lacrosse. This sport is growing and high school participate would be helpful in our community.