Ankeny Centennial High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ankeny, IA. It has 1,028 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Ankeny Centennial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A85 Students
- A82 Students
- B+49 Students
- B-29 Students
- B17 Students
- A-16 Students
- A-15 Students
- C+13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Ankeny Centennial High School
- AAnkeny High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 236 reviews
- AWaukee Senior High School
- Waukee Community School District, IA
- 338 reviews
- AJohnston Senior High School
- Johnston Community School District, IA
- 278 reviews
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 78 reviews
Ankeny Centennial High School Reviews
Ankeny High school is a very good school, everyone is welcoming and it is a very nice environment to learn and experience high school in. One of my favorite places would be the library, they have multiple opportunities for every student such as a music room, a 3D printer, a button maker, a ton of computers, and a staff that will help and accommodate for anything someone would like to do or needs for an assignment. Another part that many students enjoy is all of the activities available from show choir to any club that someone can think of and all of the athletics. Through sports and clubs at school I have met many people that are now my friends in my grade and older than me. Overall Ankeny Centennial is an excellent place for high school and I do not think there could be any improvements becuase it is a place I look forward to going too every day!
ACHS does a fantastic job at preparing students for college. They offer both dual credit college classes and AP classes. Although it's a big school, the teachers and staff really make it feel like a smaller community. There are a lot of opportunities for extra curriculars that range anywhere from chess club to a sports team, so there are options for everyone!
As a student that attends Ankeny Centennial High School, my overall experience has been very good. The teachers are always whiling to help and have very flexible hours to offer one on one assistance when needed. The teachers strive for all the students to excel not just for the grade, but for the students to actually learn the material being taught for a stronger future. The student body of Centennial is also amazing when it comes to helping out those whom have disabilities. PEOPEL PE is offered in which students without disabilities help those with them to come together for a pe class. This class is my favorite part of the day because friendships are sparked and it is extremly rewarding to see the difference you are making in the kids with disabilities lives.