Ankeny Centennial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A77 Students
- A74 Students
- B+40 Students
- B-25 Students
- B15 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-12 Students
- C+12 Students
- B+11 Students
- B10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Ankeny Centennial High School
- AAnkeny High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 231 reviews
- AWaukee Senior High School
- Waukee Community School District, IA
- 333 reviews
- AJohnston Senior High School
- Johnston Community School District, IA
- 275 reviews
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 75 reviews
Ankeny Centennial High School Reviews
ACHS does a fantastic job at preparing students for college. They offer both dual credit college classes and AP classes. Although it's a big school, the teachers and staff really make it feel like a smaller community. There are a lot of opportunities for extra curriculars that range anywhere from chess club to a sports team, so there are options for everyone!
As a student that attends Ankeny Centennial High School, my overall experience has been very good. The teachers are always whiling to help and have very flexible hours to offer one on one assistance when needed. The teachers strive for all the students to excel not just for the grade, but for the students to actually learn the material being taught for a stronger future. The student body of Centennial is also amazing when it comes to helping out those whom have disabilities. PEOPEL PE is offered in which students without disabilities help those with them to come together for a pe class. This class is my favorite part of the day because friendships are sparked and it is extremly rewarding to see the difference you are making in the kids with disabilities lives.
I really like being a part of a sports team here. We are really successful and have a lot of fun competing. Not only are the sports teams successful, but are academics are too. There are many opportunities to get better at a certain academic skill and our students do very well on standardized tests. Also, there are a lot of extracurriculars and clubs to be involved in. There is something for everyone to be a part of and many of our teachers strive to include everyone in events. It is a relatively new school, so the facilities are really nice. I would like to see more students involved though in attending events. There really is no student section for sports, especially girls sports. There never is any following for certain clubs in the drama department. But, the following of show choir kind of makes up for it.