Ankeny Centennial High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ankeny, IA. It has 1,169 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Ankeny Centennial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A221 Students
- A202 Students
- B+95 Students
- B-64 Students
- A41 Students
- B35 Students
- A-33 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+30 Students
- B23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Ankeny Centennial High School
- AAnkeny High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 269 reviews
- AWaukee Senior High School
- Waukee Community School District, IA
- 390 reviews
- AJohnston Senior High School
- Johnston Community School District, IA
- 307 reviews
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 92 reviews
Ankeny Centennial High School Reviews
I have grown so much from attending Centennial. The teachers alone are so welcoming and I have made so many friends from all the sports and activities I am involved in. Because of the curriculum taught, I am confident that I am very prepared for what is to come in my future. A couple of aspects that could improve for future students would be resources for applying to universities, vocational schools, and scholarship help. Because there are so many students, receiving resources for colleges and after school opportunities are lessened because of the sheer struggle for communication. Overall, I am so grateful that i have experienced all Ankeny Centennial High School has offered!
The word I would use to describe Ankeny Centennial is opportunity! From the first day of school through the summer break, Centennial offers something for everyone. As a parent of a high school junior who is on the Autism spectrum, hearing him come home and tell me he had joined 5 different clubs in one Day was completely mind-blowing! From someone who had almost no friends to having several groups of students he can call friends, was very refreshing and made me hopeful for the future. Through Ankeny Centennial and all it has to offer, my son will thrive and become a productive member of society.
I absolutely loved ACHS! All the teachers really make an effort to get to know you and make sure that you are doing well. One of my favorite things about ACHS was homecoming week and On the Prowl(OTP). OTP is an event where teams of 14 students play minuet to win it type games late after school. It’s huge, there’s pudding and soap and a lot of running to different stations. The building itself is big and there are all kinds of friendly faces and people that you can get to know. I loved my high school experience at ACHS.