Ankeny Centennial High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ankeny, IA. It has 1,106 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Ankeny Centennial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A155 Students
- A142 Students
- B+75 Students
- B-47 Students
- A32 Students
- B28 Students
- B25 Students
- A-25 Students
- C+24 Students
- B-22 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Ankeny Centennial High School
- AAnkeny High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 249 reviews
- AWaukee Senior High School
- Waukee Community School District, IA
- 357 reviews
- AJohnston Senior High School
- Johnston Community School District, IA
- 293 reviews
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 84 reviews
Ankeny Centennial High School Reviews
Based on my time at Centennial, I had an overall good experience. The teachers were always willing to help, the lunch ladies always had smiles on their faces, and the security guard greeted us every day when we walked through the door. I made amazing friends and memories thanks to my high school, with all of the activities and opportunities the school had to offer. I enjoyed Centennial because not many schools have the privelege of going to talk to the best teacher ever, Mr. Zuck!
Ankeny High school is a very good school, everyone is welcoming and it is a very nice environment to learn and experience high school in. One of my favorite places would be the library, they have multiple opportunities for every student such as a music room, a 3D printer, a button maker, a ton of computers, and a staff that will help and accommodate for anything someone would like to do or needs for an assignment. Another part that many students enjoy is all of the activities available from show choir to any club that someone can think of and all of the athletics. Through sports and clubs at school I have met many people that are now my friends in my grade and older than me. Overall Ankeny Centennial is an excellent place for high school and I do not think there could be any improvements becuase it is a place I look forward to going too every day!
One of my favorite things were the teachers at Ankeny Centennial. They were very focused on seeing you succeed and if you reached out to them almost all of them were very willing to help! I also was very happy with the amount of opportunities the school gave in variety of classes, clubs, and sports.