Animo Inglewood Charter High School Reviews

At Animo, the teachers care about the students. However, the overall culture of the school has gone down. Some students are intolerant of each other or look to start trouble, but any inkling of violence is quickly diffused. The school is challenging, more than the others in the area, so it does serve to prepare the students for college. I have my own reservations with the Greendot Public School system, so that in addition to the school culture is why I rate it a three.
Animo Inglewood is a very great school to attend and truly does try to prepare students for future College level courses. However, they do need to work on getting better Math teachers, the English teachers are great but the Math teachers need to become more challenging.
Over the three year that I have attended Animo Inglewood Charter high school I have really enjoyed it. The curriculum is challenging, in a good way, and they offer a variety of AP classes. There is always a positive learning experience, and the people you are surrounded with believe in you. The relationships you build with people at this school are much more than a teacher student relationship, or a friendship. When attending Animo Inglewood Charter High school you create a family, everyone is always there to support you and assist you in your path to success. I am glad to be attending Animo Inglewood Charter High school.
Start Your Review of Animo Inglewood Charter High School
I liked the way they really prepared me for college, leadership, and life. Thea testers and staff were always on top of their work in order to push us and help us succeed.
The teachers care about their students success, and I feel safe. The sports are not great at all, and the campus is small. Even though I can confidently say I was given a great education, I still feel like my high school experience was taken from me for attending AICHS.
I love how supportive the staff is towards the students. The staff is always willing to help students and the school counselors are extremely helpful in preparing their students for college. The teachers really push us all to reach a growth mindset. The work load and expectations prepare students for college. One thing I would change is to widen the options on available classes.
What I liked about Animo inglewood is that it is a very united school and everyone here helps you. Teachers have office hours where you can go to ask questions on something did not understand. There is also tutoring where students help other students out on topic or subjects. What I would like to see change is the food because it is not that good and adding more advance placement classes where all students who are determined can join.
What I personally enjoyed about Animo Inglewood Charter Highschool was that the teachers were very attentive to their students and tried to make time for each of them during their weekly office hours. I felt like if I could come to my teachers in order to assist me with just about anything from telling me how to increase my grade and telling me how I should confront personal obstacles. However, one aspect of the school that I didn't like was that it didn't have any elective classes which made for some boring classes that were just time wasters.
I loved the teachers and staff, they were all so helpful and caring. My school's pep rallies were always the best and bought all the students together. Our school is so small that it really feels as if we were a family. The only thing I would change would be that i wish we had a bigger campus. We don't even have a field and the hallways are always hard to get through because it's so crowed. Besides the space issues, my school is amazing in academics and culture.
My experience at Animo Inglewood Charter High School (AICHS) my four years were great. My perception as a freshman was struggling for four years. I was a very shy quiet girl, however, now that I have graduated I look back to the girl who entered high school in 2013. Coming to the last days of school I realized the quiet shy girl was now an outgoing friendly girl who built strong friendships with her peers, teachers, and staff. Entering AICHS I wanted to get involved in activities, but when I had the applications in my hands to join a club or programs like student council I did not feel applicable and refused to continue the process of applying. AICHS is a small in size, the first day the freshmen were told to look at each other not as friends but as a family. Rumors of me wanting to apply spread to teachers and students who motivated/persuaded me to apply to student council. I was accepted and it was there where today I realize I've changed for better now willing to experience more.
Animo Inglewood is a charter school located in Inglewood, Ca. Animo is a great school if one is looking to go to college. It includes rigorous classes such as a physics in the 9th grade, a mandatory 6 years of math etc. Though the school does leave much to be desired. The school does not offer much in the way of sports having a football budget of only 500 dollars. As well as there is generally no school spirit and the diversity among the school being practically nonexistent. What I would like to see change is the student body participation in the implementation of school policies. The school's motto is college, leadership, and life but there can be no leadership if the students have no say in their school.
At first I was hesitant on attending the school, I wanted to be with friends rather than focus on my education. Here everything is about your grades and your college. You must actually put in effort in order to get something that reflects who you are here. Because the school is so small we are all like family. Everyone knows everyone, teachers are extremely helpful, counselors care about our future. Yet the size does have its downsides. There is no options as to what classes you can and cant take (other than AP) and the sports teams aren't the best but they exist. Overall I've had a positive experience here and anyone who is serious about education will most likely excel here too!
Overall, Animo Inglewood Charter High School is an exceptional school with high expectations. All the teachers and staff are committed to their job and do what is in their hands to provide the students with the best.
It was an amazing experience attending Animo Inglewood! The entire staff was very involved in our education, so they were always there to give us support even outside of school.
What I liked about Animo Inglewood Charter High School is that their main objective it to prepare their students for college, leadership and life. What I like about this high school are the staff, counsellors and teachers because try their best so their students can go off to college and be successful. What I also love about this school is office hours because it gives me an opportunity to ask my teachers any questions I may have to be clarified. Another reason why I like Animo Inglewood is because it has many clubs and activities students can join afterschool and fun.
What I seem to like about this school is the academics, the teachers, the staff, the clubs, the environment, really everything. The academics are great because they keep you on track and make sure that you have all credits to be able to apply for colleges and universities. The teachers, staff, and the environment is just great in general because everyone is very friendly and trustworthy. You can literally not know someone and still be greeted very nicely that it makes you feel special. It's an amazing feeling especially if you are not in a particularly good mood and that may bring up your spirit. Everyone at that school is treated like a family and that's just a wonderful feeling.
There has not been any safety problem that I can recall.
Start Your Review of Animo Inglewood Charter High School
This school gives you the opportunity to create your own club if you do not feel as if you got in any club. For the most part there is a club or activity for everyone to join because there are plenty clubs and there is a variety of them.
Personally, I have no had a lot of interactions with the parents of students from this school. The parents that I have had interactions with are always very nice and friendly. You can tell that they want for everyone and not just their kids to have a good education. That is one of the things I love from Animo Inglewood Charter High School, that everyone is really like a family. You work, play, argue, and solve problems like a family.
I notice that all of the teachers love and enjoy their job. They all seem to be there to teach all of the student body for fun and not as a job. A lot of teachers are even at school after hours helping students and sometimes even on the weekends doing anything they can to help the students with whatever they need. Everyone around campus is very friendly and helpful which is what makes going to school a lot more pleasing and it gives you something to look forward to everyday.