Animas High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Durango, CO. It has 274 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Animas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-51 Students
- A-43 Students
- B-41 Students
- A-31 Students
- A+23 Students
- A-21 Students
- B+20 Students
- A-13 Students
- B+11 Students
- C+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Animas High School Reviews
I went here all four years of high school and loved it! I learned so much about real-world topics and skills I will use for my whole life. People are kind and accepting. I loved all my classmates very much. There are definitely things about it that weren't so great though. If you are looking for a traditional education, this is not the place to go. If you need structure to succeed as a student than DHS may be a better fit. If you want to learn and find passions in life while surrounded by really cool people, this is the place for you!
Animas High School is a Project Based college preparatory school that strongly values community and student teacher relationships. I have had a wonderful experience here. The staff actually care about their jobs, so it makes for an exciting and engaging learning environment. The staff are happy to spend 1 on 1 time with students helping them to be successful. Animas has a multitude of internship and community outreach opportunities, and our school is very connected with the Durango community. Students here are excited to learn and grow as individuals in a rapidly changing society. I highly encourage anyone interested in the school to check out the school in more detail at http://animashighschool.com.
This year will be my senior year attending Animas Highschool. This school is a college preparatory and focuses on building life skills that will be beneficial to students who intend to pursue college. Animas Highschool models after High Tech High, but are smaller in size compare. Overall, the academics are challenging and very well articulated for students like myself to gain prior knowledge for college that not many high school students aren't taught in regular schools.